Chapter Nine

I Never Understood

 

After I had finished my shower and gotten ready everyone loaded their belongings into the van. Apparently there was a storm on the way so we decided to leave a little bit earlier than we planned so I wouldn’t have to drive in terrible conditions. Everyone piled in to the van. Doojoon sat up front with me again while Dongwoon and Yoseob sat in the middle and the last three in the back. The drive started off as a silent one. I kept all my focus on the driving, reading signs that I didn’t even need to read because I knew exactly where I was going, but I needed the distraction.
“Ah! I almost forgot!” Doojoon said reaching forward into his bag
“You forgot something?! Do I need to turn around?” I asked. I wasn’t really in the mood to add another half an hour onto this car ride just because he forgot something, but I’d still turn around if it was absolutely necessary.
“Nope. I just forgot I brought along our old cd mixes” he said pulling out a CD case from his bag. “Think we could pop one in?”
“Yeah go right ahead, it might distract people from the awkward silence”
“Great!” he laughed while flipping though the CDs “would it killed you to label them?”
“You were the one that told me not to! Something about the songs should be unexpected and random” I chucked hitting him lightly
“I know I know. Here how about this one” he said before popping in the CD.
Just then Lee Hyori’s U-go-girl started playing throughout the van
“Definitely one of your mixes” I said rolling my eye. A smile starting to form on my face as I lipsynced along with the song.
“Looks like you like it more than he does” Dongwoon commented and I sent him a playful death glare through the mirror.
“Shut up”
“Ahhh! The glare!” Dongwoon screamed as he pulled Yoseob in front of him to try to use as a shield which earn him an elbow in the stomach. “Ouch!” he cried out.
“Just cause I’m cute doesn’t mean I have an immunity to the Yoon Death Glare” Yoseob said as he pulled himself out of Dongwoons arms and sat back into his seat.
“It’s not even that bad you guys” I laughed.
”Only because it’s you giving the glare. It’s the same when you pass gas. You might not mind the smell because it’s yours, but the people around you might be dying from the stench” Hyunseung explained
“...what the...” Kikwang muttered while giving Hyunseung a funny look.
“What?! You guys don’t believe me? I could easily give a demonstration if you’d like”
“No thank you” the car sounded.
“Fine by me” Hyunseung shrugged.
“Actually...” Yoseob started “Can we stop off at like a gas station or something. I have to use the bathroom”
“Yeah same” Kikwang said
“I’d like to grab a snack. I’m hungry” Dongwoon added
“Fine” I sad looking at a sign. “Can you guys wait ten minutes or should I pull over?”
“We can wait” they all sang.
We drove and sang along to the mixed CD till we reached the gas station. Since I had filled up here on our way down it wasn’t necessary for me to fill up the tank so I parked to the side and all the guys  went in to use the bathroom except for Hyunseung who was the only smart one that packed a snack and used the bathroom before we left.
“You and Doojoon have quite the variety of taste for music” Hyunseung commented. We decide to keep the music playing while everyone was inside. The parking lot was pretty vacant so it wasn’t like we were disturbing anyone so we could turn the volume up as we were just hanging out, stretching our legs
“To be honest I don’t even remember listening to any of this.” I said bobbing my head to the beat of an old English song, probably an old usher song or something. “Doojoon and I must have both made this one”
“Ahhh I see. Well it’s pretty interesting” he laughed.
“Now that I think about it I actually brought along your guys album too. We can put it in if you want”
“That would be cool”
“I thought so, let me just grab it”
I walked to grab my bag and dug around for a few minutes. When I finally found it I pulled it out and did a little dance, which Hyunseung laughed at, and proceeded to the front seat. Just as I was about to eject the mix seat My Girl by Xing started to play. I stopped and looked over at Hyunseung who titled his head as if to ask what was the matter?.
“Can I put it in after this song?” I asked and he nodded.
I couldn’t help but let out a quiet squeal as I hopped out of the van and started to dance. I actually knew every move because my friends and I back in America actually performed this at our school variety show a year ago. I sang along with every move as Hyunseung cheered me on.

Junhyungs point of view

I didn’t have to use the bathroom so I just went in a bought a snack or two. After I paid for all my things I decided to wait for the others to finish before I headed back out so I went and looked at the magazines. I picked up one but before I opened it something outside caught my eye. Minji was digging through her bag. I ended up watching her for the most part. It wasn’t till Doojoons voice came beside me that I was snapped back to reality.
“What are you all smiles about?” he asked looking out the window to try and figure out what I was looking at.
“I just thought of something funny” I said quietly as I put down the magazine.
“Oh really? Care to share?” he gave me a suspicious look as I stood there looking lost as I tried to think of something to say other than ‘oh I was just watching your cousin digging through her bag’. That might have sounded a little creepy considering the fact I was apparently smiling which I have no idea remember doing.
“Private joke between me and an old friend” I lied.
“I see” he said with a laugh before looking back out the window. “I’ll let you on a little secret. Minji may tease and fight with you, but she doesn’t hate you or even highly dislike you. Just keep that in mind”
All I could do was shrug and look back out the window. She was now dancing to something and the moves looked familiar.
“Well you coming?” Doojoon asked. The rest of the guys were already at the van or walking towards it. I nodded at him and we headed out. As we walked closer and closer to the van he music became louder and louder. Needless to say I could easily tell what the song was now. Doojoon now stopped and was clapping his hands, but I had kept walking forward until he arm ran into my stomach.

Minji’s point of view

I was having so much fun dancing along to the song. I had my eyes closed most of the time trying to imagine the scene of my friends and I performing on stage in my mind.
“naegajikyeojulkkeyo” I sang along as I did the move until my hand hit something firm and warm. I open my eyes and look up to see Junhyung staring at me with his arms crossed. “ugh...umm” I stuttered out as I pulled my arm back and looked around at everyone staring. “Guess everyones here...let’s go!” I said running and hopping into the driver’s seat and quickly ejected the cd.
“Front seat!” Called Yoseob, as he jumped into the seat next to me.
Everyone else quietly crawled into the vehicle as I slipped in the b2st cd and pressed play.
It was like as soon as the music reached their ears there was an instant mood changer and EVERYONE, well except me, started singing along with the album at the top of their lungs. To be honest it was quite the comical scene. Sadly because the cd only had like five songs it ended quite quickly and we ended up turning on the radio. Every now and again some snsd song would come on and you know how boys get with snsd, they were dancing and singing along to it, perhaps even louder than they did when they were singing along to their own album. Finally we had made it back to B2sts dorm and their manager was there waiting for us. I grabbed my things and said good bye to everyone before I handed the keys to their manager thanking him for letting us use the van. As I looked over at my apartment building on the other side of the road my heart skipped a beat, how could I forget that my father was going to be home this weekend. I bolted across the street and entered the building, too impatient to wait for the elevator I bolted up the stairs. When I reached my door I quickly unlocked it and walked in.
“Hello?” I called as I took of my shoes. As I walked in further I noticed not a single light was on. Only when I reached the kitchen did I notice the plate of cookies and a note next to it. I picked up the note and began to read it.

Doojoons point of view

I noticed after everyone got their things that Minji had forgotten her B2st CD so I decided that I might as well run it up to her. I took the elevator up, lightly bobbing my head to the typical elevator music until it dinged and the doors opened. I skipped down the hall, why I was skipping I honestly could not tell you, until I reached her door. Just before my knuckles came in contact with the wooden door did I hear something crash on the other end. Luckily for me the door wasn’t unlocked because as soon as I heard her the sound of something shattering I quickly opened the door and ran in.
“Minji?” I asked calmly even though I was very much alarmed because there she was on the ground, surrounded by broken glass.  I got onto my knees and placed my hand on her shoulder.  “Minji?” I said again lightly shaking her shoulder.            



 

I was going to try to write more...but my backspace button no longer works 
I've had to use so many other ways to fix things that I'm just fed up with it
But here is another update!
Hope you all enjoyed!
Remember to leave me comments ;)
Please xD