Chapter Eight

I Never Understood

 

When I say something about Doojoon singing in his creeper voice
it's this at 4:54 -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAPFcNE-Sfc
Not that it is like uber creepy its just if someone came up to me singing to me like that I would just be like >.>


 

The fiesta was lovely, well...after Junhyung left of course. There were jokes and games and it was so much fun that as soon as it was over I had no more energy left in my body so I ended up passing out as soon as my head hit the pillow. When I woke the next morning the sun was shining brightly through my window. I looked over at the clock on the bed side table that read 12:30pm. I kicked off the covers before rolling out of bed and headed out into the kitchen. On my way I ran into a half asleep Yoseob.
“Good morning Yoseob” I whispered waving at him.
He looked at me with half opened eyes then made a weird noise, which I assume is ‘good morning’ in the language of not-fully-awake-seob, before he stumbles slightly back to his room. When I get into the kitchen I grab a glass from the cupboard and fill it with water.
“Yah! Yoseob! I know you’re tired and all but can you get me a bowl of cereal pleaseeee” I looked towards the couch to where the voice was coming and of course the only one in the room is Junhyung. Now normally I probably would have told him to get off his lazy and do it himself, but my host mom back in America had got me into this routine where I start the day doing something nice for someone whether I like them or not. Something about if you start your day with a good deed more good things will come to you. So while I took a drink of my water I made a noise similar to what Yoseob made earlier.
“Thank you” he laughed. I smiled slightly, if only I have a tape recorder to prove that he actually had the ability to be nice, oh well. I got a bowl and filled it with Cheerios, the only cereal they brought along, and added milk before sticking a spoon in the cereal.
“Here” I said walking over and handing him the bowl.
“What the..?” he said with wide eyes “I thought you were Yoseob”
“Does it matter?” I said still holding onto the bowl.
“Yes. Who knows what you could have done to this”
“I didn’t do anything. Now would you please just take it before someone walks in and witnesses me being nice to you”
“Nice? I bet this is spiked with poison”
“My God, do you seriously think I would poison you? Just take it. My arm is starting to hurt.”
“Serves you right for trying to poison me” he said looking away and out the window.
“It’s not poisoned!”
“Then you eat it” he said looking back towards me, glaring daggers.
“I don’t like cheerios” I stated
“Oh that is a wonderful story. Too bad I don’t believe it”
I was about to say something else when the door to the bathroom opened and Kikwang came out drying his hair with a towel.
“Oh good morning Minji. I hope you slept well” he said with a smile.
“Good morning. I slept lovely” I said smiling back
“I see you already have gotten your breakfast?”
“No, I got it for the dragon-“ I started before Junhyung cut me off.  Two can play at this game.
“Would you sto-“
“It’s rude to interrupt you know” I said cutting him off.
“I’m taking a shower” he said getting up off the couch and into the bathroom.
“Anyways like I was saying... it was for Junhyung, but he thinks I poisoned it so he wouldn’t take it.”
“You made him breakfast?” Kikwang looked at me in disbelief.
“Well he asked Yoseob, but Yoseob had already left so I thought why not, plus I’ve been told that a good deed at the beginning of the day is a great way to start the day”
“Aha I see” he chuckled. “That’s a great way to think. So, are you going to eat the cereal?”
“I don’t think so. It’s all soggy now and I’m not a big fan of Cheerios anyways so...”
“Then may I have it?” he asked.
“Really?”  I said looking down at the soggy Cheerios.
“Yes, my friend once told me that if you have a bowl of soggy Cheeios and heat it up in the microwave it tastes pretty good.”
“It doesn’t sound very good to be honest...but it’s your stomach so...” I said handing him the bowl.
“I’ve never tried it so it’ll be an interesting experience I think” he said taking the bowl and walking back into the kitchen to heat it up.
“How is it?” I asked when he came over with the bowl of warm wheat and honey mush.
“Honestly....” he said tasting a little bit again. “yeah, it’s gross”
I laughed at him as he sat down next to me placing the mush on the table next to us.
“Who told you it tasted good anyways?”
Before Kikwang could answer the door opened wide as a laughing Hyunseung and Doojoon walked in.
“Good morning guys!” Doojoon sang in his creeper voice as I’d normally call it.
“Is that a bowl of hot soggy Cheerios?!” Hyunseung said walking over to where we were sitting quickly.
“Why yes it is!” Kikwang said picking up and handing the bowl to Hyunseung.
“Awesome! Thanks!” He said before shoving a spoonful in his mouth.
I looked over at Kikwang “really?” and he let out a chuckle and nodded. “Weird”
Then Doojoon came over at sat down next to me.
“So Minji how has your morning been?” he asked wrapping his arms around my waist to pull me into an awkward hug if you could really even call it a hug.
“Good, how about yours?” I asked turning my head a bit to look at him.
“It was pretty good. Just went down to the lake” he answered as he rested his chin on my shoulder.
I let out a sigh as I looked towards the bathroom door.
“Something wrong?” Hyunseung asked placing his bowl in the sink.
“Junhyung of course”
“Now what did he do now?” Doojoon questioned as he leaned back on the couch, releasing me from his hug.
“I have to use the bathroom and he is taking forever” I said standing up and walking over to the door. “Junhy-“ I started, but before I could finish what I was going to say, or even knock,  the opened and Junhyung starting to exit before he saw me and stopped. I bet I looked like a complete idiot standing there like a deer in head lights, but I think anyone would be if they were standing so close to anyone who  only had a towel draped around their waist with little beads of water trickling down their soft looking skin. Oh my goodness I felt like I was being such a ert, and I wasn’t the only one.
“First you try to poison me, and now you are violating me with your eyes” Junhyung said as he placed his finger under my chin and lifted it up slightly bringing my gaze from his chest to his eyes. “Well at least we know you have good taste” he said with a smirk which brought me out of my thoughts.
“You’re really too much” I said swatting his hand away and looked to my left to see that Dongwoon and Yoseob had now entered the room.
“Am I now? Are you going to tell me you don’t like what you see because the red tint on you cheeks tell me a different story.” He said cupping my cheek and turned it to face him again and gave me a wink.
“Again you are too much!” I said pushing him slightly, but I guess the floor was still wet and he slipped back. Luckily he was able to grab onto the door handle, preventing him from falling, sadly though his towel wasn’t as lucky and it fell to the ground. I stood there again wide eyed for a good second before I made eye contact again with him.
“ert!” he shouted shutting the door and I quickly turned away and headed for my room, passing by Yoseob, well I assume it was Yoseob from the blue fuzzy slippers on his feet, carrying some clothes which were probably for Junhyung.
After I finally made it to my room I started getting packed making sure to leave out some clothing and some get ready necessities. Just then there was a knock on the door.
“Junhyung is no longer in the bathroom anymore if you wanted to shower...” Dongwoons voice came shyly through the door.
“Thanks I’ll be out in a second” I grabbed my things and proceeded to the bathroom, not looking up to make eye contact with anyone. When I made it into the bathroom I stripped and walked into the shower and let the hot water pour over my body. I tried my best to think about other things, but occasionally the one thought that kept coming back to my mind was that Junhyung was in the shower before me, and it didn’t help the slightest bit that because of the earlier even I have an accurate visual. How ducking fantastic! Ugh. 



 

Hello everyoneeee
March break has finally arrived so here is an update!
I realized going through my updates that I use curse words
like I know I imply them and don't really say them but I let one slip
I'm sorry! I normally dont like cursing in fics cause I dont know the ages of all my readers so..yeah
I don't really have a lot to say...
My thoughts are all really on Japan right now.
I'd like to ask my readers after they are done reading this chapter to take a couple seconds or a minute to pray for Japan
and if you are not religious and don't like to pray just take a moment to think about them.
I'm so thankful that my family and friends that live in Japan were not affected.
I wish it could be the same for everyone.
Well I'm off to write other updates between commercials. 
I hope you enjoyed!