Cottage Night Part Two

I Never Understood

 

After a couple more hours at the lake we gathered our things and started heading up to meet up with everyone else at the cottage. We being Doojoon and I. Kikwang went to start making food and Hyunseung offered to help, but I think he just wanted to go because it wasn’t sunny enough for him to tan anymore and Yoseob had to use the bathroom so he dragged Dongwoon with him back to the cottage and never came back. I wrapped my towel around my body and went to stand by my cousin.
“So how has your trip back been so far?” Doojoon asked as he grabbed Dongwoons and Yoseobs towel which they left before we started our walk back.
“It’s been pretty awesome so far. I’ve gotten to see you and meet your band mates that you have been telling me so much about. Though I think you might have been a little too nice about the dragon”
“I’m sorry” he laughed “Junhyung isn’t normally like that. Sure he can be rude sometimes, no one’s perfect and no one gets along with everyone. I guess you’re just one of the personalities that clashes with his”
“Well that’s just my luck” I said rolling my eyes and shrugging a bit.
“I know you were a big fan of Xing and a bigger....”
“LALALA” I interrupted before he could say anything else. “I don’t know what you are talking about and even if I did I would deny it”
“You’re a character” he laughed hitting me with one of the towels.  
“Genetics I guess. It’s the price I pay for being related to you” I laughed and he laughed back...was it just me or did his laugh sound more like a nervous chuckle?... I quickly shook the thought. “So what is for supper?”
“Kikwang said he wanted to try to make something new so it could be anything really” he answered
“Oh God...”
“Yeah I have already apologized to my stomach in advance” he laughed.
“I think as long as it isn’t one of your famous mud pies my stomach doesn’t mind”
“Hey now! I was only like twelve, and you didn’t have to eat it”
“Yeah yeah, but you were so proud of your accomplishment I didn’t have the heart to break yours”
“You’re the greatest” he said slinging his arm over my shoulder
“Well no duh”
“Race you the rest of the way”
“Fine” I said accepting the challenge.
We quickly towards the cottage which wasn’t too much further, maybe a minute or two to walk, twenty five second run but of course me having the habit of not really picking my feet up off the ground when I run or walk combined not being the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree forgetting we were running on a non-paved path I trip over the root of a huge tree and fall forward luckily I got my hands out before my hit the ground.
“MINJI!” I heard Doojoon yell as I he gently helped me roll over and sit upright.
“I’m okay, I’m okay” I assured him.
“You’re not hurt?” he asked in his overly concerned voice
“Well nothing is broken, my hands just hurt from catching myself I should be fine.”
I slowly stood up with the help of Doojoon and dusted the dirt off of me before picking up my towel.
“Let’s just walk the rest of the way” he said still holding on to my arm to help support me as if I was going to collapse any second. I nodded and we continued on our journey.

When we entered the cottage we were given a huge surprise. The cottage was oddly decorated like we having some sort of fiesta. My thoughts were confirmed when Dongwoon jumped out of nowhere with a sombrero fashioned on his head.
“HOLA SENORITA!” he sang as grabbed my hand and pulled me into a waltz like position.
“Who let the maknae drink?!” Doojoon shouted
“Oh how’s it going leader?” Dongwoon said with a chuckle as he let go of me.
Doojoon just rolled his eyes before walking into the kitchen to get a drink.
“He hasn’t been drinking, he’s just a little too excited about the theme supper tonight” Kikwang explained before looking towards me. He gave me a soft smile before his eyes travelled down to my legs and then the smile faded into a frown. I followed his eyes down to see that I scrapped up my legs a little when I had fallen. They weren’t huge gashes but there were little spots where blood had sneaked out.
“Oh...” I said softly
“What happened?” he asked quietly as he walked towards me and crouched down to get a better look at my scrapes.
“Oh it’s really nothing to worry about Kikwang”
 “Yeah I agree. She’s really nothing to worry about.” I looked over to where the voice was coming from and saw Junhyung sitting on the couch drinking a glass of milk.
“Looks like someone has learned how to use a glass” I scoffed.
“Even if I didn’t Doojoon made us get our own cartons of milk but it didn’t stop me from spitting into yours” he said with a wink.
“You really are the worst person”
“Aww, thank you” he said placing his hand over his heart.
I started to clench my fist tight when Kikwang grabbed my wrist. “Let’s go clean up your cuts before Doojoon sees and over reacts” I nodded at him and we walked into the bathroom closing the door.
“May I?” he asked and I nodded then he dabbed my leg with a warm wash cloth.
“Thank you” I smiled as he continued to wipe the dirt and blood away.
“Anywhere else?” he asked and I held out my hands are he cleaned away the dirt and small traces of blood there too.
“Now this may sting a little” he said as he took out an alcohol swab from the first aid kit.
“Is it really necessary? They are just tiny cuts. I doubt I’d even need a band-aid”
“If Doojoon found out that I didn’t take care of his favorite cousin to the fullest he’d have my head” he laughed as he ripped open the little package. “again, this may sting a little” he warned before wiping down the cuts gently. The first time it stung I let out a little gasp but it was mainly just from the surprise sting. “Sorry” he said.
“Don’t even worry about it” I smiled as I watched as he was a little too focused on cleaning the cuts. After I was all cleaned up and bandaged we exited the bathroom.
“Everyone is probably outside finishing setting up” Kikwang said as we entered the empty room.
“I’ll go get changed then and meet everyone out there in a minute” I told him before we parted ways. Him to go outside with the rest of guys and I went to get changed. I pulled on my dark green plaid pajama pants, well once upon a time Doojoons pajama pants until he turned into a typical lazy teenager and decided that he was more comfortable wearing his underwear to bed and it gives him more sleep time if all he does is strip, my white tank top and slipped on my grey sweater then headed outside to join everyone who seemed to be having a great time outside. Yoseob was the first one to notice my presence.

“Minji!” he squealed as he ran over and pulled me into a hug.
“It’s nice to see you to Yoseob. Feeling better now?” I asked. He gave me a questioning look before I mouthed bathroom and he let out a laugh.
“Yeah, sorry we didn’t come back we found the sombrero and got distracted” he explained.
“Why am I not surprised?” I laughed as Dongwoon placed the huge sombrero on my head.
“Minji , the sombrero looks so stylish on you” Dongwoon said.
“Why thank you amigo”
“We made nachos and now we are tacos!” Hyunseung sang holding up a taco he just finished making.
“Ah looks so fun!” I said before Doojoon handed me my own taco shells and I started to create my own taco.

 

Junhyung POV

I was having a great time until she came out. It’s not that I like everyone’s attention on me, but whenever she come out it’s like we have been graced by an angel of God and everyone just drops whatever they were talking about and clung on to every word or sudden movement she made and it irritated me, even now when she is building her taco, paying attention to nobody or anything elsebut that taco, the guys still go on about her ‘oh she is so cute’ or ‘what a unique little girl’. I mean I can understand Doojoon because he’s always talked about her that way but everyone else is too much. I watched her added diced tomato to her taco as I brought my glass of coke to my lips.
“Yah Junhyung! Why are you watching Minji so intently” Yoseob suddenly asked. Minji must have heard him too because she looked up towards me and we made eye contact briefly before I looked over at Yoseob, still drinking my coke.
“Maybe he likes her” Dongwoon said which made me choke on my beverage. Hyunseung lightly hit my back in order to help. I could breathe but I couldn’t stop coughing.
“Nah, that’s silly. They are always fighting” Hyunseung said. Very good Hyunseung, he knows what he’s talking about. “...but then again...” there are no ‘then again’s. Do not open your mouth..” don’t guys usually pick on girls when they like them?”  he just had to open his mouth.
“You guys are crazy, that’s only for younger boys” Minji said with a smile. Well I guess this girl isn’t a complete idiot.  “Now if a boy bullies a girl he is just an ”  she smirked at me.
Finally I had stopped coughing and could finally say something. “So if a girl bullies a boy it makes her a bi-“ I started before Doojoon hit my shoulder slightly.
“Don’t” he warned.
“I’m going to bed” I said getting up
“But what about the piñata!” Yoseob whined.
“There is none” Kikwang said which earned a gasp from the two youngest. “I didn’t think it was a good idea to blindfold and give people a bat to try to break something when certain people aren’t on the best of terms at the moment.”

I rolled my eyes and headed into the cottage placing my glass in the sink before heading into my bedroom and crashing onto the bed. Stupid Kikwang, it’s not that we are on bad terms at the moment. We hate each other and that isn’t for a moment, it’s forever.



 

 

Sorry for the long wait again. 
It took me forever to think of ideas for the rest of the night.
I just had an idea for the morning and this is why I even did a whole cottage part.
So luckily next update we'll finally have some butterflies !!
Do you guys mind if I mess up the time line a bit? 
I've already broken my non-cursing rule so I'm a bit hesitent to break my stick with time line rule
(time line is just making it go with stuff that happened in real life)
Thank you to everyone who commented about the color
It helps a lot  :D
byebye