How to actually write. Like, literally.

!Story writing: you're doing it WRONG

 

So, if you're reading this, it probably means you want to write a story. Or maybe you are in the process of writing one. But the bottom line is not what you want to do, but what you actually do. The story won't manifest in a file on your computer magically. No matter how amazing your idea is, you're going to have to sit down and type everything up eventually.

And he's where the problems begin.

The best writers are oftentimes the biggest procrastinators. Sure, a lot of non-writers enjoy dodging work and making excuses too, but for a writer procrastination often turns into a curse that leaves all the amazing ideas just that- ideas. Not stories.

 

I have this problem myself ("I should write now. Yeah, just lemme check my email and AFF and then I'll start. Ah, might take a quick look at tumblr too while I'm at it. *an hour later* Damn, this pic of Kris is hot. Let's go browse Kris tag. Reblog, reblog, reblog. Ah, Lulu... Hm, back to my dash. Oh, Jaejoong.... He looks so hot in his new MV. Wait, lemme watch it again. *6 minutes later* That was amazing. Back to dash. Wow, what delicious-looking cookies! Ohhhhh, it's been a while since I made cookies. You know what, I'm going to make some cookies now!"). Yup, a serious problem. But I found this program (no worries, it's virus-free, I tested it myself!) and ohmygawdi'mfinallyabletogetworkdone. For real, people, it's the best program I've ever found.

So you download this little program, open it, type the names of all the websites you don't want to distract you during your writing time (facebook, youtube,  asianfanfics, allkpop, tumblr, gmail, livejournal, 9gag, ect), set the timer and voila, you're free from all internet-related distractions.

I got more than 3000 words written yesterday :D Awesome feeling :D though I have to warn you, once you set the timer you won't be able to get to those websites even if you turn the program off. And don't turn the program off before the timer ends. Just a friendly advice.

If the program doesn't work for you (aka it doesn't block the websites you've listed) then exit it, right-click on it and select 'run as administrator' (if you're using windows, that is; don't ask me about mac).

DOWNLOAD WINDOWS or linux           DOWLOAD MAC

So what are you waiting for, go write something amazing!