C2 : The New Job

My Lovely Maid

“I’m really sorry Hana. It was all my fault,” Minji apologized to Hana. She started to get teary eyes and hugged Hana.

“Never mind. Actually I don’t really like to work there. My boss is too strict. I’m tired of him,” Hana tried to make her friend better. She patted Minji’s shoulder.

“As a sign of apology, let me treat you to dinner. Call?”

“Call!”

Hana and Minji enjoyed eating bulgogi at their favorite restaurant. The scent of grilled meat really swept away their problem. Hana stuffed the bulgogi in . She chewed it slowly as she closed her eyes, appreciating the taste of the grilled meat.

“Hmm~ It’s really delicious!” Hana praised the food and opened her eyes. Minji just laughed at her friend behavior.

“Hana, actually there is something I want to talk to you,” Hana put down her chopstick and started to focus at Minji words.

“Spill it.”

“Yesterday,  I found a job at the newsfeed. The wages, seriously… will blow your mind!” Minji talked excitedly.

“Minji-ah, don’t you already have a job?” Hana made a confused face.

“It’s not for me, you silly. It’s for you!” Minji chuckled. 

“You really can’t stand looking me at your house, do you?” Hana sighed and made a sad face.

“It’s not like that, Hana. I didn’t mean it the way you thought. In fact, I love seeing you stay at my house. At least I have accompany. I know that your parents are rich and you don’t need to work since they always bank in money to your account, but do you really want to waste your holiday by just watching TV? And you know what, I see that you started to gain weight,” at the last sentence, Minji whispered closely at Hana’s ear.

“WHAT?!?” Hana shocked. She immediately put her hand on her stomach.

“No, I’m not!” Hana glared Minji.

“Yes, you are. Look! Your cheek is getting chubbier,” Minji laughed and pointed towards her cheeks.

Minji was having fun teasing Hana. She just lied about it. Hana’s actually a pretty girl. But, yeah. She never wear make up. Hana always said that she felt like she was wearing a mask when putting on make up. She felt uncomfortable.

“Aish arasso! I’ll work!” Minji laughed loudly hearing Hana’s decision. 

“So what kind of job you found?” Hana asked and continued eating.

“Maid,”

“Mwo?!?!!? Neo micheosseo??” Hana said it loudly.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

“I must be crazy,” Hana talked to herself and looked at the building in front her.

Hana took a deep breath. She moved slowly at the front door. What kind of maid agency this big? Hana murmured. Then, she read the signboard.

“Woollim Entertainment?”    

“May I help you miss?” a woman asked Hana with a slight smile on her face. Hana could not hide her shocked face. She coughed and read that woman nametag. Lee Suji? She must be the staff here.

“Hmm I saw an article that said this place is hiring for a maid?” Suji just nodded.

“Follow me please,” Hana just followed Suji steps.

They got in the lift. After the lift opened at the second floor, Hana and Suji went out. Hana observed everything around her. There were many posters and albums of idols. Am I really come here for a maid job or am I auditioning for this company? Hana lost in thought for a while.

“Miss?”

“Sorry, what did you say just now?” Hana faced Suji. Suji smiled.

“You can sit here first. I will call my boss first,” Hana nodded.

Hana sat on a fancy sofa while waiting for Suji. Suddenly she felt nervous for all of this. She started to regret for coming here. Aish! I should just stay home! Hana heart screamed. After a few minutes, Suji walked to Hana. Hana quickly stood up.

“My boss is waiting in that room. You may enter it now,” Suji pointed at a room.

“Okay, thank you so much!” Hana bowed. Suji smiled again and nodded. Then, she walked away. After gaining her courage, Hana knocked the door.

“Come in!” a man voice reached Hana’s ear. 

Hana slowly opened the door. She saw a man, probably in mid 40, sitting on a sofa. Hana bowed to the man.

“Please, make yourself comfortable. Have a sit,” the man invited Hana to sit. Hana just followed and sat on the sofa, in front of the man.

“So, what is your name?” the man asked while fixing his specs.

“Hana. Jang Hana imnida,” the man nodded.

“My name is Lee Jungyeob.” Jungyeob smiled.

“So, how old are you and why do you need this job?” Jungyeob asked.

“Not that old. I’m 20. Just because… My friend hates me to just relaxing at her house so she asked me to work.” Hana replied honestly. Maybe too honest. Jungyeob laughed hearing Hana’s answer.

“Interesting. So, for how long you want to keep up for this job? I know, at your age, this job is a temporary for you,” Jungyeob questioned Hana.

“To be honest, I’ll work for only 5 months. Since I have to further study after that.”Jungyeob rubbed his chin. After a while, he nodded a few times.

“Alright. Let’s sign a contract.” Jungyeob smiled. Hana could not hide her excitement.

“Thank you so much! Thank you!” Hana bowed many times. Jungyeob laughed again.

“But do you know who will you work for?”

“I don’t know. But I promise that I’ll do my best!” Hana said happily.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

The next day, Hana followed the address that Jungyeob gave. I thought that I’ll be the maid at Woollim building. Suddenly, Hana recalled what Jungyeob said yesterday.

“You’ll be serving for my boys. They are idols. I hope that you’re not one of their ssasaeng (crazy) fans that apply this job for your own good,” Jungyeob face started to turn serious.

“I’m not trying to be rude,  but I’m not into idols. I think you don’t have to worry about that,” Hana said it confidently.

“Good to hear that.” Then, Jungyeob passed an address to Hana.

“Just follow that address. Once you reach their apartment, you must do your duty as a maid. You’ll be there at 8 a.m. until 2 p.m.. On that time, my boys will be busy with their schedule. In case if you meet them, just do your work as usual. Okay?” Jungyeob explained everything to Hana. Hana nodded.

“I hope that you’ll not give up at your first day. These boys really never cleaned their dorm.” Jungyeob advised Hana. Hana replied it with a small laugh.

“Don’t worry sir.” Hana gave a slight smile.

“Oh I almost forgot! No revealed clothes,” Jungyeob warned Hana. Hana just nodded at Jungyeob words.

Geezz what’s that old man thinking? Does he afraid that I’ll seduce his boys? Hana lost in thought about what happened yesterday. She quickly entered the lift and push the button of eight floor. When the lift stopped at eight floor, Hana got out from the lift. She observed every door. She was searching for apartment A-311. After a while, she found it. So, what’s the password again? Oh yeah! 110901.. Hana pressed the password and the door opened. She slowly entered the apartment. The first thing that her eyes saw was the messy shoes on the floors. Seriously? Don’t they know how to arrange the shoes?

Judging from the shoes, Hana made her own hypothesis that there were many boys living in this apartment. She walked to the living room. She almost lost her breath. Is it a group of boys or a group of monkeys who live in here?!?!?  Hana mind was screaming loudly when seeing shirts and pants everywhere. On the floors, sofa. And what’s this?? Is it… Underwear?!?  Hana expression turned pale. She sighed.

“This is going to be a long day..”

 

Related image