Interruption?

My Ex's (And The Oh's)

I love you. Three words that could light up a special someone's day. They've already lit up Baekhyun's. Now, he's got to return that favor. And mean it. Check, check. Baekhyun knows he loves the other, but he just... hasn't found a good time to mention (read: confess) his feelings.

Little did Baekhyun know, Jongdae knew that the other loved him. He knew it since Baekhyun had fallen sick, which was only a week ago. And how did Jongdae know?

Well, when Jongdae had left to get Baekhyun water, he forgot the empty bowl on the bedside table, so he turned around to go get it. But he heard Baekhyun muttering something and his curiosity got the best of him. He heard the other say "I love you" (Baekhyun had thought aloud unknowingly) and a giddy feeling had welled up inside the curly haired male. Forgetting the empty bowl completely, he his heels and made his way to the kitchen.

So, Jongdae knows, but he'll wait for the other to say it to him face to face, no matter how long that takes. He's willing to wait. Anything for Baekhyun. His heart thumps at the thought of the brunet.

Speaking of the devil (angel), Baekhyun entered their apartment (Jongdae's really, but Baekhyun's been waking up there more frequently than he's been waking up at his own apartment) and promptly hugged Jongdae.

The curly haired male, pleasantly surprised, hugged back. "What brought this on?" He inquired, not against random affection.

"I don't know.. the fact that, every time I come home, I'm not coming home to an empty apartment anymore..?" Baekhyun stared up at the other, a warm smile on his lips.

Jongdae's heart swelled at the other's words.

"I've missed you," Baekhyun snuggles into the other.

"I've missed you too." Jongdae smiles.

Baekhyun was wanting to get in some cuddles before he started up his job again. He was an English teacher at a local school but they were on break recently, hence why Baekhyun had a lot of free time.

"What's up?" Jongdae inquired after a minute of Baekhyun hugging onto him.

"Mmm... school's starting up tomorrow.." he started. "So, I'm going to be away from you for much longer than I want." Baekhyun pouted.

"Oh..." Jongdae had a goofy grin on his lips from the other's statement.

"I may not always be there with you, but I will always be there for you." Baekhyun pursed his lips at how sappy he sounded.

Jongdae's pulse quickened, his hold on the other tightening. "You know.. I love you.. right?"

Baekhyun stared up at the other with wide brown orbs, nodding his head. "I know you do.... and," Baekhyun paused, his lips. "I.. love you," he finished, a determined look in his eyes as he leaned up and kissed the other squarely on the lips.

Jongdae's eyes widened at the sudden overload, but he was quick to react to the kiss, deepening it with a nip to the other's bottom lip.

The two were caught up in a passionate liplock when the apartment doorbell rang.

Ding Dong! Dingdongdingdongdingdong!!

The person at their doorbell was becoming quite impatient, repeatedly pressing down on the doorbell.

The coupe broke apart, one amused, and the other annoyed.

"Who the heck is that?" Baekhyun wondered aloud, frowning as he made his way to the door.

"Hello?" He greeted, opening the front door.

Blink.

"Umm... do I know you?" Baekhyun stared at the unfamiliar person in front of him.

"Is Jongdae home?" The speaker had an odd accent, though Baekhyun ignored it.

"Yeah." Baekhyun turned to look into the apartment. "Jongdae! Someone's at the door for you," he rubbed the back of his neck as he stepped to the side. "Please, come in." He shuts the door behind the stranger.

"Bacon, who is it?" Jongdae came into the hallway from the living room, stopping a few feet away to look at the newcomer curiously.

"I don't know... thought you knew them." Baekhyun glanced between Jongdae and the stranger.

The stranger was a young woman in her mid twenties. She had pretty brown hair and large brown eyes. All in all, she looked a lot like Jongdae. 

A lot like the other.

"Noona?" Jongdae stared at the woman in surprise.

"Jongdae, there's a problem at home." Jongdae's sister didn't even wait to explain the problem.

"What? What happened?" The curly haired male questioned worriedly.

Baekhyun stood to the side, watching the siblings with a curious look in his eyes.

"It's appa," Jongdae's sister spoke up, a small frown on her lips.

Jongdae's eyes grew wide in worry. "Oh no... is he....?"

"He's alive.. he's in the hospital," she explained, noticing the worry.

"He's been asking about you though," she crossed her arms. "Ever since you stormed off..." She bit her lip.

"Alright.." Jongdae nodded, answering her silent question. "I'll see him."

Baekhyun felt like he was forgotten, but he didn't really care that much, not sure how to deal with this situation.

She nodded. "But, seeing how it's this late.. I'm afraid visitation hours are over."

Jongdae's sister glanced over at Baekhyun who froze slightly. "Is this your new boyfriend?"

"Yes." A rather annoyed tone appeared in Jongdae's voice. He knew how his sister got with things like this. Fortunately, she was more accepting than the rest of his family.

"Hello! I'm so sorry for how rude I've been. I'm Kim Jonghye. And you are..?"

"Byun Baekhyun. It's a pleasure to meet you, Jonghye."

"Likewise." She smiled at the male, casting a glance over at her brother, eyes seemingly saying 'very nice catch'.

"Alright, well.. thanks for coming over and telling me," Jongdae smiled slightly at his sister, mentally thinking 'not like you have a phone or anything'. "Guess I'll see you tomorrow."

His sister nodded, turning on her heels and leaving. "Goodbye Baekhyun! It was a pleasure meeting you."

Baekhyun shut the door after she left, glancing over at Jongdae curiously.

"Umm... well, you've met my sister just now... ready to meet my parents tomorrow?" Jongdae nervously rubbed the back of his neck.

Baekhyun stared blankly at the other.

Heck. Tomorrow's going to be interesting.