My Exes Are Together?

My Ex's (And The Oh's)

Baekhyun was awful at keeping relationships going, either that or he just has awful luck at finding Mr. Right. It was his third breakup and he was rather upset. He thought it was a great idea to date his friend, the two had a lot in common, but in the end, he and Chanyeol broke it off.

The relationship before Chanyeol was with this cute Chinese boy he met at a bar. They got talking and found they had similar tastes. It lasted for a year. Yixing broke up with him because it didn't feel like they were dating anymore. Baekhyun and Yixing occasionally talk, but not enough. Definitely not enough, though if they had chatted more, it wouldn't have prepared him for what he found out after he and Chanyeol broke up.

Yixing and Chanyeol got together. A few weeks after Baekhyun and Chanyeol broke, Yixing met Chanyeol and it was an instant hit, the two bonding over songwriting and guitar playing and music in general.

Baekhyun wasn't sure if he should be happy or not. Well, yes, they're his friends, he should be happy for their happiness, but at the same time, his exes got together, and Chanyeol and he had only broken up a few weeks prior. He dated Chanyeol for 2 years, he thought this one would surely last, but alas, they broke up. And now? Chanyeol's dating Baekhyun's ex. His exes are happily together and Baekhyun's all by himself.

If you asked Chanyeol and Yixing how they felt about it, they'd reply with how bad they felt, but they couldn't help. They clicked. Instantly. It was nearly like love at first sight. Yixing had been at the club Chanyeol performed at, fortunately on the night Chanyeol was performing a song he wrote a while back. Yixing fell in love with Chanyeol's voice and musical talent. Chanyeol wants his friend to find happiness, but whenever people try to set Baekhyun up, he gets prickly about it. 

Baekhyun preferred to date at his own pace and not be thrown into a blind date. Or a speed date. He saw that episode of iCarly, no thank you.

Chanyeol sighed, ignoring the knowing look Yixing gave him. The two were lounging in Yixing's apartment, Chanyeol's head in Yixing's lap.

"Thinking about Baek?" Yixing inquired, carding his fingers through Chanyeol's brown mop of hair.

The two don't find it weird that they both (not at the same time) dated Baekhyun and are now dating each other. Love's weird like that.

"Maybe..." the giant pursed his lips. "Y'know.... our relationship had fallen apart because of the lack of communication... I used to wonder, 'if I had tried more, would Baek and I still be dating...?'"

This was the beauty of Yixing. He didn't care that Chanyeol said things like that. He's confident in the love between them, especially when Chanyeol says...

"I'll be dedicated to you, Xing~ I won't let communication get in our way."

And smiles a toothy grin at him, it melts the Chinese man's heart.

"I love you, Chan."

"Love you, Xing."

 

Chanyeol and Yixing had a few more conversations like that, thinking that Baekhyun should go out and meet people. He's been sulking as of lately and the couple was worried about their friend.

"Do you have any friends or acquaintances that would be a good match for Baek?" Chanyeol questions, Yixing's soft dark brown locks.

"Mmm... kris?"

"That scary Canadian? I don't know about him..."

"Tao?"

"The guy with perpetual bags beneath his eyes? Nah. He kinda looks like a raccoon?"

"Luhan?"

".... Luhan......." Chanyeol seemed a bit confused. "Luhan? When did I meet him? I made it a goal to meet all your friends, but..... Luhan slipped my mind..."

Yixing pulled his phone out, pulling his contact info of Luhan up, showing Chanyeol the picture of the male.

"What?!" Chanyeol exclaimed, staring at the picture in disbelief. "He was a boy??? I thought he was a girl..."

"Luhan would so kick you in the shins if he heard you say that," Yixing snickered.

Chanyeol shrugged helplessly. "What was I supposed to do? 'Oh, sorry, but you look like a girl, are you one?' I'm pretty sure that sounds rude and he'd probably maul my face." The taller of the two pouted.

Yixing reached a hand up, cupping the Korean's cheek, a soft smile on his lips. "I wouldn't let him hurt my happiness~"

"Aww, Xing~"

 


Baekhyun sighed, glaring at the couple next to him. Chanyeol somehow convinced Baekhyun to come to a bar with them, though the shorter of the two tried to get out of it with lame excuses. 

('My cat'll be lonely.' 'you don't have a cat, Baek.' 'My imaginary cat.' Or 'I have some laundry I need to do.' 'You told me that yesterday when I invited you over.' 'I have lots of clothes... I'm rather fashionable, you know.')

The brunet was left to himself when Chanyeol went to get more drinks and Yixing left to go to the bathroom. "Then there was one.." Baekhyun grumbled.

"Agatha Christie?" A sudden voice exclaimed and soon enough, an unfamiliar man was sitting next to him.

"Y- Yeah..." Baekhyun was caught off guard, staring at the male next to him.

"I love Agatha Christie~" The man grinned. "I'm Jongdae."

Baekhyun's nose scrunched up, the other was slightly getting on his nerves. "She's got some good stories." The brunet didn't want to tell Jongdae his name, but the other was giving him puppy dog eyes, which were surprisingly hard to ignore. "Baekhyun," the male forced out after a second.

"Nice to meet you, Bacon!"

Did I mention that the music was loud?

'Did he just say bacon?' Baekhyun stared at the other with a confused expression. "Baekhyun. It's Baekhyun."

"Bacon? Didn't I say that?" Jongdae continued, cocking his head.

Baekhyun was growing more and more annoyed. "Baekhyun! My name's Baekhyun!"

"I know, you told me... like, 5 times." Jongdae laughs. "Anyways, Bacon, I hope to see you around~ I gotta get back to work." And with that, the annoying Jongdae disappeared. Baekhyun hoped he'd never see the other again.

Fate had a different thought in mind.