Nothing Will Come Between Us

My Ex's (And The Oh's)

Baekhyun stared at the tall brunet in front of him, disbelief coloring his face as he thought about the fact that he's sitting in a café with his ex.

Which ex? How did this happen?

Well, Baekhyun was resting on a bench near a plushie shop when his ex, Sehun, walked out of said shop, holding a suspiciously large bag. The brunet had spotted Baekhyun and strode over.

"Baekhyun?"

"Sehun.." the shorter brunet greeted, rubbing the back of his neck.

"How long has it been since I saw you? Do you want to get some coffee?" Sehun inquired, shifting the bag in his hand.

Baekhyun pursed his lips, not really wanting to go home and confront Jongdae just yet. "Sure." He agreed after a moment's thought.

"Great."

And that was how Baekhyun ended up at a cafe with his ex.

"So... how are you and Lu Han?" Baekhyun inquired, curious.

"We're doing great.. I just bought this for him." Sehun held up the plastic bag he had been carrying.

"What is it?" Baekhyun questioned, curiosity dancing in his eyes.

Sehun set the bag down on the table, reaching in to pull out a cream colored deer plush with pink flowers dotting its coat.

"Aw, that is so cute!" Baekhyun thought the plushy looked adorable. The sight of it made him want one, though he dismissed the thought, knowing now's not the time to demand a cute plushy from Jongdae.

"You think? I hope he likes it," Sehun places the deer back into the bag, slipping said bag onto the floor next to his seat.

While Sehun did this, Baekhyun took the time to observe his ex. The other had brown hair now, making him look ten times nicer (personality wise as well as facial feature wise).

Baekhyun noticed the difference between this Sehun and his Sehun. The short brunet thinks it's because of Lu Han, the pretty blond popping up in his mind at the thought of the aforementioned male's name.

"You really like Lu Han..?" Baekhyun didn't mean for it to come out as a question, but more as a statement.

Sehun seemed startled at the sudden question though he relaxed, nodding his head.

"Yeah.. I really do." Sehun's lips twitched up into a smile at the thought of his boyfriend.

"That's nice.. you two look great together," Baekhyun winced at the bitterness in his sentence, hoping it wasn't too obvious.

Sehun pursed his lips, staring gently at the other, guilt flashing in his brown orbs.

"Baekhyun.." he started, gaze shifting down towards his hands before back up at the other's face. "I want to apologize... for being such a douche back then, I know this is a bit late.. but I want you to know that I shouldn't have been like that.. it was an awful thing for me to do."

Baekhyun couldn't help the flicker of surprise flitting over his face as he listened to the other. His lips twitches upwards into the beginnings of a smile.

"Sehun... I've forgiven you a long time ago, but thank you. Your apology means a lot to me." Warmth colored his voice.

Sehun had an embarrassed smile, obviously not used to doing something like this.

The two chatted for a while longer, discussing things that happened since they broke up. Sehun stated his dislike for Jaehwan when he heard what the other did to Baekhyun. An hour flew by and the two decided they'd better get going.

"I hope Jongdae's treating you well," Sehun comments, standing up from his chair.

"He is." Baekhyun smiles slightly. "I'm glad we happened by each other... I want to do this again if you want."

"Sure," Sehun easily agreed.

"Well, goodbye." Sehun smiled at Baekhyun before leaving.

Baekhyun left the cafe a few minutes after Sehun, pulling his phone out. He had turned it off before he and Sehun went into the cafe. The brunet turned his phone on, eyes widening at the amount of missed calls.

20 missed calls? Baekhyun gaped at his phone, clicking on the most recent voicemail.

"Hey, Baekhyun," the voice started, a sad tone to it. "I hope you're ok, wherever you are.. I just want to tell you that there's nothing going on between me and that girl. It was a misunderstanding! Can we please talk about this at home? I'll be waiting for you there." There was a slight pause before the voice continued. "I love you."

Click.

Baekhyun stared at his phone, blinking as his brain processed this new information.

In a flash, Baekhyun took off through the shopping center, intent on getting home. He knew he overreacted a bit, he shouldn't have ran off. He should've stayed and demanded that to back off his man.

His man. The one who's currently waiting for him at home. Their home. Baekhyun hopes he's not too late.

Baekhyun made it to their apartment within fifteen minutes, huffing and puffing in the elevator ride up.

He hurried down the hall once the elevator stopped at his floor, pulling the key out to their apartment. He paused outside the door, attempting to reign in his breath when the apartment door opened with a soft click.

"Baekhyun..?" A soft voice inquired, brown orbs staring into Baekhyun's.

"Jongdae." Baekhyun blinked, words seemingly sticking in his throats as he stared at his boyfriend. Who currently looked like they went through hell and back.

Jongdae's curly brown hair seemed even more curly and messy, a disheveled mess upon his head.

Jongdae opened the door wider for the other, letting Baekhyun in before shutting the apartment door behind him.

The two silently headed to the living room, sitting down on the couch. There was a bit of a distance between the two.

Baekhyun was staring down at his hands while Jongdae was staring at Baekhyun, a hopeful expression on his face.

"I just want to say... I'm sorry for overreacting and ignoring your calls," Baekhyun blurted after a couple minutes of silence.

Jongdae lips twitched, though he didn't say anything.

"I should've stayed there and ask what was going on.." Baekhyun finished.

"I'm the one who should be sorry," Jongdae started, staring at his boyfriend with apologetic eyes.

"I should've known my mother would try to set me up with a girl..." Jongdae sighed. "I should've told her no directly.."

Baekhyun stared at the other, a question forming in his mind.

"Why... were you at the shopping center in the first place?" Baekhyun questioned, curious.

"My mom wanted to meet me there at a cafe we both like. I agreed. I walked into the cafe, sat down and waited for my mom. When that girl sat down instead, I knew my mom planned this so I tried to get out of that situation as quick as possible. I was trying to leave the shopping center when you saw me. I told her that 'whatever my mom told you, forget it. I'm not interested.' But she kept persisting, so I just left. And she followed me. I was not expecting her to touch me or anything." Jongdae explained, trying to meet Baekhyun's eyes.

The brunet was not looking directly at Jongdae, staring off into space as Mrs. Kim's words rung in his head.

"I would never cheat on you, Baekhyun. That's an awful thing to do. I love you. Only you." Jongdae finished, Baekhyun's brown orbs finally meeting his.

A smile was forming on Baekhyun's lips.

"I love you too, Jongdae. Nothing's going to get in our love's way."

Jongdae smiled at how sappy it sounded, not realizing Baekhyun was being entirely serious.

The brunet knew Mrs. Kim was not joking when she said she didn't like him. Or the fact that Jongdae's gay. But she's going to have to live with it. 

Because Baekhyun loves Jongdae. 

And nothing is going to separate them.