One Down, One To Go

My Ex's (And The Oh's)

It's been a week since Baekhyun first met Jongdae's father. They visited him again a few days after that, Baekhyun asking all sorts of questions about Jongdae, the latter always trying to distract his father from responding, but it never works.

"I can't believe you ran into a wall... twice... in the same day.." Baekhyun was cackling, the two leaving the hospital after their visitation with Jongdae's dad.

Jongdae pouted, staring at his boyfriend with a jutted out bottom lip. "Hey~ I was super young.... don't tell me, you've never ran into a wall."

Baekhyun gave the other an unimpressed look. "I've never ran into a wall."

Jongdae made a face. "I don't believe that."

"Well, believe it, sweetie." Baekhyun chuckles, getting into the Hyundai.

Jongdae shook his head, starting the engine after he slid into the driver's side.

"I can't believe he actually told you that." Jongdae whined, casting a playfully childish look.

"It's not like it changes my opinion on yo- oh, wait.. never mind. It does. I'll forever think you run into walls on a weekly basis." Baekhyun teases.

"Ugggghhhh..." Jongdae groaned.

The car ride went on like this, Baekhyun relentlessly teasing and taunting the other.


It was a bright Sunday morning when Baekhyun woke up to the sound of someone knocking on his door.

"Mmmm...?" Baekhyun sleepily sat up, rubbing at his eyes drowsily.

"I'll get it," Jongdae was already up, though he had been reading, propped up against the pillows. He slid out of the bed, feet padding along the wooden flooring as the curly haired male made his way to the front door, clad in sweats and a black t shirt.

Baekhyun was curious about who was at the door, but he was currently dressed in just boxers. Plus, he was too lazy to get up. So, he'll wait for Jongdae to come back or at least announce who it is.

A sudden exclamation of "Mom?!" could be heard from the bedroom, Baekhyun scrambling out of bed the moment the word processed in his mind.

In a flash, the brunet was dressed in jeans and a white t shirt, hurriedly leaving the bedroom to the living room.

He found Jongdae sitting on the couch, next to an unfamiliar woman. She sort of looked like Jonghye, Jongdae's sister, but with a maturer facial structure.

"Mrs. Kim," Baekhyun greets, politely bowing.

"You must be Baekhyun," the woman smiles warmly (maybe a little too much?) at the boy.

"Yes." Baekhyun nods, smiling as well.

"It's a pleasure to meet you. You've probably guessed that I'm Jongdae's mother and you're correct."

Baekhyun nods, sitting down in the armchair near the couch.

Jongdae was quietly sitting there, glancing down at his hands.

"I just wanted to check in on my son," Mrs. Kim sounded like a normal, caring mother. But if one were to be extremely observant, they'd notice the teensy tinge of disappointment in her tone.

"I like what you've done with the place," she glanced over at the aforementioned male.

Jongdae nodded stiffly, confusing Baekhyun since Mrs. Kim seems like a lovely woman.

"Jongdae.... would you mind getting me something to drink? Thank you," she smoothly inquires, not giving Jongdae a chance to decline.

The curly haired male nods curtly, standing up from the couch before heading to the kitchen.

"Isn't he a lovely boy..?" Mrs. Kim glanced over at Baekhyun.

Now that her attention was solely on Baekhyun, he could see the disappointment in her eyes, in her tone even.

"Baekhyun-ah.." the woman started, eyes glittering dangerously. "Why're you dating my son?"

Baekhyun, taken aback from the unexpected question, gaped at the other, blinking as he slowly comprehended the question.

It was still considered to be morning (late morning, but still) and Baekhyun was trying to wake himself up some more.

"I'm dating Jongdae because I love him. He's so nice and kind. He's intelligent. I never get tired of being around him," Baekhyun responded to the question after a moment of processing.

The woman nods, eyes narrowing in thought. "Well... I may as well be blunt," the woman shrugged.

"I don't like you dating my son." She stated, staring at Baekhyun with an indifferent expression.

Baekhyun gaped at her again, blinking a bit comically.

"I want him to marry a nice girl and settle down. I want him to have children, get a stable job, and have a nice house." The woman sighed. "But no. He's been hanging around with the wrong crowd," her nose scrunched up, "and he's dating a boy."

Baekhyun was speechless.

"I don't like this one bit, but.. who cares? No one listens to what I suggest," the woman smiles dangerously. "So, why should I care then?" She leaned back on the couch right as Jongdae entered the room. He set a glass down in front of his mother before walking over to Baekhyun, handing him a mug of coffee.

Baekhyun thanked the other, though he merely stared down at his mug, mulling over what the other's mother said.

Jongdae stared at his boyfriend in confusion but returned to his seat next to his mother.

The woman took a sip of the water, smiling as she set the glass down, standing up suddenly.

"I believe I've intruded long enough," she heads to the front door, pausing in front of it. "It was a pleasure to chat with you, Baekhyun."

Baekhyun purses his lips, glancing up at the woman. "Likewise."

Jongdae stared between his mother and his boyfriend, wondering what happened while he was gone.

Baekhyun slumped back against the armchair the moment Jongdae's mom left, watching the door shut.

"Hey... you ok?" Jongdae questioned, watching the other slump back against the chair.

"Y- Yeah," Baekhyun nods, smiling the other's concern off. He didn't want the other to worry, not wanting to drive a wedge in between the already seemingly strained relationship between Jongdae and his mother.

"Wow.. I've already met both of your parents, but you haven't even met mine yet." Baekhyun chuckles.

Jongdae grins. "I can't wait to meet your parents."

"Yeah? I think mom's excited to meet you."

"Really?" Jongdae was surprised to hear this.

"Yep. I told her all about you~" Baekhyun winks at his boyfriend.

"So.. she's accepting of your.... orientation?" Jongdae inquired, extremely curious.

"Mmhm," Baekhyun nodded.

"Oh.." Jongdae glanced down at the full glass of water.

"Well..... since it's still technically morning, let's go back to bed and cuddle." Baekhyun suggests, standing up. He picks the mug up, heading to their bedroom, planning to get in to bed anyways, whether or not Jongdae joins him.

Jongdae follows after his boyfriend, always up for cuddling with the other.

Baekhyun set the mug down on the bedside table, staring at it for a moment before crawling into bed, curling up into a ball as he waited for the other. His thoughts drifted back to the other's obvious dislike for him, his lips drooping into a frown.

Jongdae slipped underneath the covers, turning onto his side, facing Baekhyun. He holds his arms open for the other, inviting him to snuggle.

Baekhyun twists, so he's facing the other as well before scooting closer, curling into the other's embrace. He rests his head on Jongdae's chest, snuggling into the warmth. The brunet decided to deal with Mrs. Kim's dislike later, wanting to spend time in the present. With Jongdae. And his warm arms.

Jongdae smiled down at his boyfriend, finding the other so cute.

'He's so perfect', Jongdae thought, suddenly wondering what his mom and Baekhyun talked about. It was enough to disturb the other, Jongdae could tell.

Jongdae's mother was an interesting lady. She gave birth to Jongdae's sister, Jonghye, first, doting on the girl as much as she could, even living through her when Jonghye started Girl Scouts.

When Jongdae was born, Mrs. Kim left the boy to his dad, though she did in when it concerned the family or when she disliked something to the point of wanting to get rid of it.

Jongdae didn't hate his mom, but he wasn't always a big fan of her. She sometimes took over his life, but since he's moved away, she's less of a force in his decisions.

His sister complained to him all the time about mom, one of the reasons she jumped at the idea of moving out of the house once she was old enough. Jongdae soon followed when the fact that his sister left made his mom turn her attention on to him, always telling him to work hard. 'Get a scholarship like your sister', 'stop playing with your friends and study', or 'a friend of mine's daughter is planning on going to this college...' yada yada yada.

Jongdae was glad the moment he was on his own and didn't have to deal with his mom's constant blabbering.

Jongdae started worrying that his mom verbally attacked his boyfriend, knowing his mom was not all that accepting of the fact that he was gay. She wanted him to marry her friend's daughter, Suzy, but alas, Jongdae didn't swing that way. Nor did Suzy (but no one knows that, but Jongdae).

"Sweet dreams, Bacon." Jongdae whispered, closing his eyes as well. When they wake up, Jongdae'll tell Baekhyun not to worry about what his mom said. But until then, Jongdae's going to take a nap with Baekhyun.

Maybe they'll see each other in their dreams.


I think we dream so we don’t have to be apart for so long. If we’re in each other’s dreams, we can be together all the time.
A. A. Milne


Voila, another chapter uploaded

A/N: A. A. Milne is the author of Winnie the Pooh