Getting There

My Ex's (And The Oh's)

It's been a year since Jongdae and Baekhyun started dating. And it has not been an easy one.

Jongdae's mother, ever persistent, kept trying to set her son up with multiple women, but to no avail, he rejected them all and explicitly told them that he was already in a relationship. After it started getting extremely annoying, Jongdae got his father to step in on the matter and deal with his mother.

Baekhyun has become more confident with himself. It was a few months ago when he stepped up to one of the girls' Jongdae's mom sent and told her off.

It went a little like this.

Jongdae was working at his cafe when Baekhyun stopped by, intent on getting a latte and seeing how his boyfriend was doing when he saw a pretty blond haired girl flirting with his boyfriend.

And instead of jumping to conclusions (besides the one that Jongdae's mom is behind this), the short brunet marched over to the girl, ignoring his boyfriend's apologetic expression and stared said girl down.

"That is my boyfriend you're currently flirting with, back off." He told her off, brown orbs narrowing into a glare when an annoyed expression marred her lovely features.

"She told me you'd be like this..." was all the girl uttered, blue orbs narrowing in a glare as well. "You're detrimental to the Kims family by dating this boy. His parents are constantly arguing. About you. You could ruin his career. His mother might convince his father that he shouldn't leave the company to Jongdae."

Baekhyun was a bit shocked, but he spoke anyways. "If Jongdae doesn't want me then I'll go. But I love him and I'm not leaving him."

The girl huffed, blazing blue eyes turning to Jongdae who had been shocked by what she said as well.

"Well? Do you want to ruin the Kims reputation?"

Jongdae made a face, brown orbs glittering dangerously as he glared at the girl, deciding to worry about the other problem later.

"This is none of your concern, what happens to the Kims. So please, kindly leave this establishment. Baekhyun's my boyfriend and I'm not giving him up for anything in the world. Tell my mother that she can't break us up." He was barely holding himself back from snapping at her but he didn't want to make too much of a scene.

The girl shrugged, twirling away. She sashayed out of the cafe, hips swaying as she walked, in a last seduction attempt.

Jongdae's attention was on Baekhyun, pressing his lips together in a straight line.

"We can talk about this when you're ready.." Baekhyun smiled at his boyfriend. "How has your day been so far?" He inquired.

Jongdae let out a breath of relief before responding to the other's question. "It's been great. Yours?"

"It's better now that I see you." Baekhyun sapped.

Jongdae's lips curl up into a smile. "Aw, I love you too." He wrapped his boyfriend up in a hug, either forgetting that they were currently in his cafe or not caring.

"Alright, alright. We know you love him. We know he's a sap. Get back to work." A peeved voice interrupted their moment.

"Yes sir," Jongdae mock saluted Junmyeon after he stepped back from his hug with Baekhyun.

Baekhyun turned around to look at Junmyeon, it being his second time meeting the guy.

"Hello, Baekhyun. It's a pleasure to see you again. How have you been?"

Junmyeon and Baekhyun chatted as Jongdae headed back to the counter, pouting in his boyfriend's direction.

Baekhyun ended up staying until the end of Jongdae's shift, meeting Zitao, another worker of Junmyeon's (plus boyfriend), and Kyungsoo, also another worker.

Zitao complained to Baekhyun about Junmyeon whenever said male was not around, talking about how their love life is so vanilla. He got so caught up in talking about it, he didn't realize Junmyeon had snuck up behind him, his main intent was kissing his boyfriend. But when Junmyeon heard what Zitao was complaining about, he rested his hands on Zitao's hips, causing the taller boy to jerk in surprise, glancing back at his boyfriend.

Junmyeon's face was drawn into a scowl, leaning forward to whisper something into Zitao's ear, causing said male to blush bright red.

Baekhyun wasn't too far from the couple, barely making out words such as "vanilla?.... see how vanilla I am at home.... you will be crying and begging..."
Baekhyun was blushing as well by the time Junmyeon stepped away, whistling innocently, like he didn't just whisper ual things into Zitao's ear.

Zitao glanced over at Baekhyun, his cheeks still bright red. "Y- You didn't hear anything," he stuttered, scuttling away to go do something.

Baekhyun chuckled, glancing down at the table he was sitting at, a frown on his lips as he got thinking.

"Mind if I join you for a moment?"

A voice interrupted Baekhyun's thoughts, the brunet glancing up to find a familiar face.

"Soo! Yeah! You can sit down." Baekhyun nodded, smiling at his friend.

"It's almost the end of my break, but I wanted to sit and chat with you.." Kyungsoo explained, smiling slightly.

"I've been wanting to talk to you too. How're things going with you and Jongin?"

"Great!" Kyungsoo's face lit up at the mention of his boyfriend.

"I'm glad to hear. You two are such a cute couple."

"Thank you," Kyungsoo blushes faintly.

Baekhyun grinned at his friend when a thought came back to him. He pursed his lips, Kyungsoo noticing the difference in the atmosphere was about to ask what's wrong, but Baekhyun spoke before he could.

"Soo... I'm just.. really curious.." Baekhyun paused, unsure if he should go on.

Kyungsoo gave him an encouraging smile.

"How'sthewithJonginandhow'dyouinitiateit?" Baekhyun murmured in one exhale.

Kyungsoo blinked, staring at his friend in confusion before it clicked.

"Are you asking about ?"

"Maybe.." Baekhyun blushed a rosy pink, staring down at the table top.

"Why are you asking?" Kyungsoo questioned, curious.

"Umm.. well..." Baekhyun didn't seem able to come up with an answer that didn't sound stupid.

Kyungsoo blinked. "Have you had with Jongdae?"

"No, no, no..." Baekhyun shook his head. "We haven't, uh..."

"Oh," Kyungsoo seemed to understand what the situation was. "Baekhyun.. you know he won't push you until you're ready, right? He'd wait for you. He's patient. He loves you."

Baekhyun pursed his lips. "I know.. but, umm, our one year anniversary is coming up and I wanted to do something special... I mean, I know... I don't know how to explain it, but I know Jongdae's the one. He's my forever. And I wouldn't have it any other way...."

"You want to have anniversary ?" Kyungsoo bluntly put it.

"Y- yes? No..? I don't know..." Baekhyun was starting to get frustrated, not even sure what he's talking about anymore.

"Hey, hey.. calm down. Deep breaths," Kyungsoo tried calming his friend. "If you want to do anniversary , then go for it....?"

"I.. just, I don't know what to do...?"

"Ah.." Kyungsoo grinned suddenly. "I think I can help you with that... when's your anniversary?"

"Tomorrow."

"Perfect. Can we meet at my home after my shift's over?"

"I guess..?" Baekhyun blinked, confused.

So, instead of going home with Jongdae, he followed Kyungsoo to his home. There, the two discussed plans for tomorrow.

Baekhyun was growing more and more red by the time Kyungsoo finished explaining his ideas.

"You look like a tomato.." Kyungsoo mused, chuckling.

"I'm... not sure.. those are good ideas.. for first times...?" Baekhyun rubbed the back of his neck.

"First times? Oh, oh!" Kyungsoo snapped his fingers, understanding now. "You're a ?"

"Y- Yes." Baekhyun pursed his lips.

"Heh, guess we'll tone it down then.." Kyungsoo chuckled.

Baekhyun was slowly starting to regret asking Kyungsoo for help. He could've figured this out on his own, right?

After a few hours, Baekhyun and Kyungsoo came up with a plan.

"Alright, well.... bye, good luck! Don't let him see what's in that bag," Kyungsoo waved his friend goodbye, watching Baekhyun leave before shutting the door. "... I forgot to tell him that it hurts the first time... oh well, I'm sure he'll figure that out.."

Baekhyun made it home, having called his boyfriend ahead of time to tell him that he just left Kyungsoo's. Plastic bag in his hands, the brunet opened the front door of their apartment, heading in before shutting the door.

"Jongdae? I'm home." Baekhyun made his way to their bedroom, wanting to hide the plastic bag before Jongdae got curious.

"I'm in the kitchen!" Jongdae answered.

"Alright!" Baekhyun headed over to their closet, opening it. His lips pinched together as he looked for a great hiding place, finding an old shoebox in the corner. Baekhyun opened the lid, tossing the plastic bag into it before sticking the box back where he found it.

He closed the closet doors, leaving their bedroom to go to the kitchen.

"Jongdae?" Baekhyun walked into the kitchen, smiling when he found his boyfriend.

"Hey, Bacon! Just made dinner, you hungry?"

"Yeah."

The two sat down for dinner, discussing what they wanted to do for tomorrow.

"Our one year anniversary is tomorrow! I had a great date in mind," Jongdae grinned.

"Yeah? I had something in mind too," Baekhyun seemed nervous, though Jongdae didn't know why.

"Did you?" Jongdae rubbed the back of his neck.

"But I don't think it'll interrupt your date plan! It can wait till later in the evening," Baekhyun assured the other.

Jongdae seemed to brighten up. Due to being able to go through with his date as well as the fact that Baekhyun had an idea too and he's curious about what it is.

"Sounds wonderful to me. First half of the day is mine, second half is yours," Jongdae proposes to which Baekhyun agrees.

The couple finished early, deciding to go to bed early as well.

Baekhyun was curled up under the covers as he waited for Jongdae to come to bed.

Jongdae climbed into bed after a few minutes, smiling when Baekhyun immediately snuggled into him.

"Goodnight, my lovely boyfriend." Jongdae murmured.

"'Night, my love." Baekhyun whispered back, already nearly asleep.

Jongdae smiled down at his boyfriend.

Baekhyun was a beautiful human being. Jongdae can't believe he's dating such a wonderful person. He loves Baekhyun so much.

He's rather curious about tomorrow though. He wondered what Baekhyun had planned.

If only he knew...