Second First Date

My Ex's (And The Oh's)

Rrring! Rrring!

Baekhyun was staring down at his hand, phone held against his ear by the other one, nervously waiting for the other to pick up.

Rrring! Rrri-

"Hello? This is Jongdae speaking."

Baekhyun bit down on his bottom lip before steeling his nerves.

"Hey, Jongdae.. it's Baekhyun.." He started, unsure of how to continue.

"Bacon? I mean, Baekhyun..? So, you didn't throw the cup away...?"

Baekhyun could hear the smile in the other's voice, rolling his eyes, though a small smile begrudgingly quirked his lips up.

"Well, duh, how else am I calling you? I... only kept the cup because of the smiley face." He added the last bit, not wanting to sound eager or anything. He's got to play it cool.

"The smiley face?" Baekhyun could hear the questioning tone in the other's voice.

"Yeah... I kept it for laughs, it's so derpy looking." Baekhyun chuckled.

"Yah! It's not that awful." Jongdae whined, though it sounded like he was trying not to laugh.

"I guess it's not the worst smiley face I've ever seen." Baekhyun amends.

"So, I was wondering..." Jongdae started, sounding a bit nervous.

"Yeah?" Baekhyun prodded.

"If you'd go on a second date with me.." The curly haired brunet finished, patiently waiting a response. He was mentally prepared for a no, so when Baekhyun agreed, he was pretty surprised.

"Did... did you just say yes?"

Baekhyun snorted at the question. "Yes, I did... man, I didn't think you were so hard of hearing," the brunet teased.

"Yah! I'm not that old!" Jongdae protested.

Baekhyun laughed. "Whatever, old man."

"Yah! Bacon! Respect your elder!" Jongdae whined into the phone.

"Oh? You admit being old?" Baekhyun teases the other.

"N- No! I'm not old! I was just... saying, that you should respect your elders.." Jongdae huffed, though his lips were quirked up into a smile.

"A- Anyways, are you free... this Saturday?" Jongdae questioned.

"Mmm..." There was a slight pause before Baekhyun replied. "I am free this Saturday."

"Great!" Jongdae mentally cheered. "Meet up at the cafe at 2pm?"

"The cafe?" Baekhyun inquired, curious.

"Yeah. The one you were at yesterday.. where I gave you my phone number..."

"Oh, yeah.. okay, 2pm at the Starbucks cafe."

"Now who's the old man?" Jongdae teased, referring to the fact that the other couldn't remember where he was yesterday.

"Hey! You're the old man. Remember that." Baekhyun pouted.

"If you say so," Jongdae singsonged. "Anyways, I have to go, my shift's starting... bye, Bacon~ can't wait for Saturday."

Click.

Baekhyun chuckled, setting his phone down on his kitchen counter. He's got a date. With an annoying brunet. Who's actually funny and nice. And has great hair. Like, so fluffy lookin- getting off topic, anyways.... Baekhyun's got a date.

Saturday couldn't come soon enough.


"Bacon!" A familiar voice rung through the cafe, hitting the brunet's ears the moment he walked in.

"Jongdae." Baekhyun greeted the other, smiling slightly.

"I hope you're not against strolls.. along the Han river..?" Jongdae inquired, slightly nervous.

"How romantic~" Baekhyun teased the other. "I don't mind, I actually love looking out at the Han river." He admits.

"Perfect~ well, did you want to go now..?"

"Sure."

 

"So beautiful.." Baekhyun commented, staring out over the boardwalk at the Han river.

"Sure is." Jongdae agreed, though he wasn't looking out at the river, his gaze focused on the beautiful man beside him. Baekhyun was too distracted to realize the other meant him, else he'd have made a remark about how cliche that sounded.

The two spent an hour hanging out at the park near the river, riding bikes and talking. They bought snacks at a nearby vendor and sat down and ate, chatting about everything and anything.

Baekhyun acquired new information about Jongdae. Like, for one, Jongdae is actually younger than him. Admittedly, by a few months, but still younger than him. The sassy brunet insisted on calling Baekhyun his elder, referring to him as an old man. The brunet protested against it but in the end, he admitted defeat since Jongdae used puppy dog eyes on him.

He also found out that Jongdae had a dog named Ming. It was a toy poodle. Jongdae promised to introduce the two of them.

Baekhyun had fun. Unlike their first date, Baekhyun wasn't trying to ruin the atmosphere. He actually chatted with the other and tried to learn more about Jongdae. They laughed and chatted the evening away.

The date ended the moment Jongdae and Baekhyun stopped in front of the latter's apartment, both reluctant to call it a night since they both had a great time.

"Thank you, Bacon, for giving me a second chance~" Jongdae grinned at the other.

Baekhyun's heart fluttered in his chest at the sight, like it had been doing for the past hour or so.

"No, thank you for taking me out on such a wonderful date." Baekhyun smiled back.

"I had a wonderful time. You're such a funny person, Bacon." Jongdae couldn't help but to keep calling the other Bacon.

"Ha ha." Baekhyun rolled his eyes, but he couldn't hide the smile on his lips. "I had a great time as well.. I wouldn't be.. averse to another date."

Jongdae couldn't help the quickening of his pulse, just nodding his head in quick succession. "I wouldn't be against it either!"

"Great," Baekhyun smiled. "We can talk about the details later." He suggested to which the other agreed

The two stood there, both thinking of what to say before a sudden idea struck Jongdae, a slow smile spreading over his lips. The curly haired male broke the sudden silence.

"'Good night, good night! Parting is such sweet sorrow, that I shall say good night till it be morrow.'" Jongdae bowed with a flourish, righting himself after Baekhyun snorted, though it soon turned into a chuckle.

"Shakespeare, eh? Not bad." The brunet chuckled. A part of him wanted to invite the other in, but a nagging thought held him back.

"Well... I'll talk to you later.. bye, old man." Baekhyun teased, opening his apartment door.

"Bye Bacon. Sweet dreams." Jongdae grinned, unable to keep the happiness from his tone.

Click

The door shut with a feeling of finality, Baekhyun slumping back against the closed door.

The nagging thought returned.

'What if this ends up like all his other relationships? What if Jongdae stops liking him? What then?' Baekhyun couldn't get rid of the thoughts, closing his eyes with a frustrated sigh.

'What if,' the brunet thought.