Chapter 6: Truth

Mistakes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 6: Truth

Gripping the doorknob tightly, Gong Yoo wasn’t curious at all, nope. He didn’t know that voice, no single clue, but whoever it was, he disliked the way that person spoke, the way he yelled, the way he called her name. It was all love, he could tell. But that person was too loud, it almost burned up his patience.

They seemed close, really close, and trust him, he wasn’t fond of the idea.

The guy was gentle at first, exclaiming how promising his feeling was, Gong Yoo was moved, or forced to be so rather he believed. He seemed to have enough power, that person. Coming from his mouth was nothing but a way out, something Eunji truly needed right now, Gong Yoo didn’t even argue.

But frustration might have taken them down, they couldn’t hold back, shout after shout coming back and forth. It infuriated him in certain way. Again, it’s the idea of how past had tied them, something he had no clue at all. It slowly but steadily affected him, and when he decided it’s enough, he almost pushed open the room door. But he stopped.

“I know you’re pregnant.”

It’s ridiculous. He muttered along with his silent breath. But then he recalled they weren’t joking. No way. Utterly lost in words, his body was stunned frozen not sure if he heard it right.

Something inside his chest pained, and his breathing quickened. He gazed down, feeling his hands sweating cold. It’s beyond his imagination, that fragile-looking girl was so petite, yet the mess she had to handle was way too complicated.

It all made sense now, though he wished it didn’t. He had to agree with that person, Eunji needed a better place, a shield, a help. And it frustrated him listening to how that girl stubbornly refusing her promising solution.

His consciousness persuaded him to stay still, holding onto his patience a bit longer, leaving the couple outside this room to settle their problem. His stomach getting sick though, although he didn’t want to believe but it seemed their fight had an odd effect to his body. He felt strangely uncomfortable whenever he heard the guy claiming his devotion to her, and he didn’t want to admit how that person sounded nothing but sincere.

He was yelling in frustration, Gong Yoo would do the same if he were him. Eunji was so selfless but way too stubborn, he too knew this just recently.

Then he felt a twitch inside his stomach when he heard Eunji loudly shouted back, exclaiming that that certain person wasn’t the father. It made him dizzy, suddenly. He saw his hands shaking, although he couldn’t feel them. His heartbeat quickened, drumming against his ribcage too fast that it’s almost hurting. He inhaled and exhaled through his mouth as if he failed breathing like normal.

“… I met him at my friend’s party. We’re both broken, we talked and we’re connected so well … and we did it. I did it.”

Gong Yoo believed his heart just skipped a beat.

It’s just exactly how they met. Two or three months ago, the counting wasn’t his best, but he clearly knew it was Jo Insung’s party, that certain night, they bumped into each other. No clear reason why he decided to stay next to her and invited her in conversation. But it’s certainly their beginning. 

They talked all night long, about anything, life, dream, people, failure, trees, beaches, pancakes, yes anything. And it seemed natural for him to crave for her lips whenever she offered him that certain smile of her. She was simply breathtaking yet fragile at the same time, it drove him to yearn for her even more.

He didn’t stop. No, he could never.

And strangely, she didn’t hold back.

 

Slowly raising his gaze, Gong Yoo inhaled silently as he watched Eunji sitting in front of him with sadness still perfectly glued on her face. It could easily tell him that her heart was hurt, broken for reason he refused to know. Strange enough, he sensed it might hurt him the same way.

“Tell me the truth, Eunji,” he decided to break the quiet. It might lead him to the real chaos but the odd him was yearning for it instead. “I need to know,” he exclaimed, indifferent and sharp.

“It has nothing to do with you,” without even looking at him, she refused.

He chuckled drily, feeling rather pissed off.

“I can’t believe you’re treating me the way you treated your ex,” he cruelly brought back the memory she didn’t want to recall. But it didn’t bother him a bit. He needed an answer and he would do anything to get him the truth.

“I can’t believe you eavesdropped like some immature teenager,” but she fought back easily.

He groaned almost immediately, couldn’t believe she was the same fragile person he just witnessed couple minutes ago.

“What do you expect me? Closing my ears when you both were so loud? It’s impossible. Do you know how uncomfortable I was listening to you guys’ make out session?”

“We didn’t—

Gong Yoo scoffed, disapproving.

“… S-sunbae forced it on me,” she muttered, slipping the truth without certain intention. Not even realizing her cheeks were flushing.

Her quick correction flustered him. He thought she would stubbornly tell him to step back and leave them be. But she didn’t, and surprised him instead. He doubted that she even noticed what she just did and the strange impact she made on him.

“Okay,” he coughed awkwardly. Feeling oddly relieved, he wasn’t sure how to react back.

Her gaze returned back locking onto her lap while he had to strongly drag him back on track. Right. Gong Yoo shook away the unnecessary thought.

“So, will you tell me the truth?” he repeated his request, ditching the tingling sensation from her previous statement.

Eunji slowly lifted her chin, frowning at him with defensive look.

“What kind of truth you want?” she coldly demanded.

That’s her, the previous Jung Eunji returned. Persistently acting all tough, as if it’s the only way to save her. She’s wrong though, he’s way better in acting, he could easily tell the wall she’d been putting between them. She’s no match with him. And being odd and weird he was today, Gong Yoo decided to destroy that ugly wall.

“Is it mine?” he attacked boldly. Not even care of the aftermath he would gain. Let’s say he was utterly strange today, but he didn’t want to run away from this.

Eunji was beyond flustered. That this person could jump into that certain question without flinch. There was something within his gaze that put her in unease. As if he’s making a play, as if he’s planning a wicked trick.

She knew he was referring to her baby, to his. It’s strange though. All her judgment had been well made, at least she believed. And it’s not supposed to be leading this way. He’s not supposed to involve with this, she disliked the idea. This certain option scared her the most. There was no single picture of how her future with him involved. One thing she knew, they would be hurt, a lot.

But to her complete defeat, her womb reacted in the opposite way. Feeling oddly excited right after he asked her that very question.

“No,” she quietly replied. Avoiding his gaze.

“Look at my eyes and say it again,” the older demanded with this certain tone she started getting familiar with only recently.

“No!” and she refused to give in just like yesterday. “It’s not yours.” She made sure she looked at him in his eyes, not letting her heart swayed away easily.

“We did—

“Right. We did it one time.” She snapped him with raw frustration reflected through her gaze, “And just because we did it, it doesn’t mean this is yours. Do not assume that I only slept with you, Sunbae.”

Another twitch attacked his heart. He wasn’t called sunbae yesterday. And that person was called sunbae the whole time. Gong Yoo wasn’t sure if it’s a good thing or the opposite. But something within him jolt in new excitement. Damn! It’s not time for this.

“I have friends, and met people too. And just like that night, it’s easy for me to—

He smirked wryly, stopping her from continuing her sentence.

“Stop acting as if you’re proud of it, Eunji. You know yourself you hate it.”

“I don’t!”

“Oh really?” he challenged her, “then tell me why you’ve been acting as if what we did was a big deal. You’ve been treating it as a mistake, Eunji, something you despise so much. You don’t even want to see me, right? Fight me, if I’m wrong.”

As if being stripped in front of people, Eunji had never been this embarrassed. He’s mean and sharp, that every word he chose stabbed her right in the heart, pulling out the truth so easily. “You’re … wrong … I wasn’t …” she tried, but failed. He had his winning smirk already. And she hated it.

“Hm? Take your time, make excuse, I’m good at waiting anyway,” he exclaimed in a mocking tone. Half part of him was enjoying her loss but the other part was irritated. She’s just too proud of her persistence. And he wanted to break them apart.

“Don’t you remember, you said yourself that you’re not that kind of woman, Eunji.” he continued, boldly staring at her reddened face.

He would never forget that morning, when she woke up being all flustered, and anxious, and so damn cute, then stumbling while saying she’s not used in such situation. If he wasn’t gentleman, he would grab her back into his embrace and never let her go. If only she didn’t immediately push him far aw

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter