VI

Maybe In Time

 

A time for summer skies
For hummingbirds and butterflies
For tender words that harmonize with love

A time for climbing hills
For leaning out of windowsills
Admiring the daffodils above

A time for holding hands together
A time for rainbow coloured weather
A time of make believe that we've been dreaming of

As time goes drifting by
The willow bends and so do I
But oh my friends whatever sky above

I’ve known a time for spring
A time for fall
But best of all
A time for love

            - A Time for Love, Jamie Cullum

 

 

The next few days would be spent with me and Ji going out on dates to the mall or movies, eating out on picnics or taking long walks. Ji made the experience fun and unforgettable.

 

I‘ve got to admit to myself that I missed out on things like this. I restricted myself wanting to concentrate on my studies that I never bothered with boys. Not that no one is asking of course, but because I could never bring myself to.

 

 

 

 

We were out in the park, sitting by the grass and eating ice cream, watching the world pass us by. I sighed in content which Ji caught.

 

“What was the sigh for? What were you thinking?” he asked as he held my hand and played with my thumbs.

 

“Nothing” I said embarrassed that he’d find out.

 

“Come on, tell me.” he prodded as I remained tight-lipped, shaking my head while smiling.  

 

“Alright, right now I’ll tell you what I’m thinking. I’m thinking that there’s no place on earth I’d rather be right now than here with you” he said as he stared into my eyes once again.

 

Oh! I almost melted with his words. Darn it! Those eyes again. I squeezed his hand in mine, trying to get the courage to speak up.

 

“I was just thinking that I wish someone else is doing the exact same thing as us.” I shyly said.

 

Ji smiled and touched my face with his hands. His thumb grazed my upper lip wiping the remnants of the ice cream.

 

I could only stare back at him dumbly, immobilized by his touch. I feel my cheeks heating up as he neared his face to mine.

 

Oh my God! He’s going to kiss me! My mind was shouting. I did not move instead I just closed my eyes and waited for the impact.

 

I felt his soft lips lightly on mine tracing the outline of my own lips with feathery kisses until he started to nip gently on my lips. I couldn’t help but sigh. Just then I felt him deepen the kiss, angling his mouth to mine.

 

I could not resist myself from kissing him back. I returned every kiss he gave. It was over almost before I knew it as he pulled back for air.

 

I opened my eyes to look at him a little dazed, still reeling from the kiss that was so far from the first kiss we shared.

 

For the first time, I was questioning the need for air. I wish it could have lasted longer. Breathing has got to be one the weaknesses of being human.

 

“So have you changed your mind yet?” he asked.

 

I looked away, feeling the pounding in my heart get stronger, a smile coming to my lips. “Maybe you should change my mind more”