Sight

SJ's short stories

"Are you ready?" Yesung asked as he walked into his lover's room and sat beside him on his bed while the smaller boy felt around for his watch. "Yes! Let's go!"

--

Ryeowook was blinded after an accident that had happened in the lab about a year ago. Yesung totally took the blame for his lost of sight. They had went to the lab because Yesung wanted to show Ryeowook a creation that he had found out. But because of the lack of experience, there was a minor explosion. Ryeowook stood nearer to the counter and the chemical got into his eyes while Yesung had a burnt on his forearm when he pulled Ryeowook away, trying to prevent further damage.

Yesung could still remember his lover's loud piercing screams in the lab and his broke down when the doctors told him that he would not be able to see ever again. After the accident, Ryeowook became withdrawn from everybody. He could not accept the fact that he had lost his sight and became fully dependent on Yesung. It took Ryeowook 2 months to start talking again after the shock. It was hard for Yesung because he always found Ryeowook crying in the middle of the night, crying about living in the darkness forever. Guilt overwhelmed him and he sweared to take care of Ryeowook forever, even when Ryeowook did not blame him for the accident that took his sight away. It took Ryeowook about a year to fully overcome his misfortune and truly accepted his new life. Yesung had told Ryeowook how proud he was about him and that made Ryeowook happier.

--

"I really want to go to the new mall!" Ryeowook had voiced out when he heard about the new mall. Though he had lost his vision, he still loved the feeling of touring around the new building especially when his older lover will explain everything patiently to him, making him feel that he could see again.

"There are alot of people here today Ryeowookie, so please stick to me." Yesung whispered to his smaller lover as he gave him a kiss on his temper. Yesung had not expected a crowd in the new building. If he had knew, he would not had brought Ryeowook here. But he did not want to disappoint his baby by going home or even somewhere else. It took him a long time for him to persuade Yesung to bring him there. "Yesungieee..." Ryeowook whimpered softly when he felt that the atmosphere was getting more dense and more disturbing. The place was getting more and more crowded because of the sales that was held all around the mall. Ryeowook held his older lover's arm as tightly as he could as the couple moved through the crowd in search of a much quieter place. They couldnt even heard themselves breathe in the atmosphere. As the crowd continue to push from both direction, the grip that Ryeowook had held on Yesung broke apart.

"Ryeowookie?" Yesung panicked when he felt that the lost grip. He turned and looked around but his Ryeowookie was nowhere to be seen. There were too many people pushing in and out around him that he could not even squeezed through to find his baby. "RYEOWOOKIE?" He shouted as he moved back to his tracks in search of the smaller boy. It wasnt safe to leave Ryeowook like this. He couldnt see. Knowing his baby, he would probably had a heart attack now. He wanted to slap himself for not holding his baby tight enough. He wanted to call, but scratch that, ever since Ryeowook was blind, he didnt need a phone anymore. He had depended deeply on Yesung.

Ryeowook sobbed in fear as he walked slightly forward. He had lost Yesung in the crowd and there were too much voices around him that had his headache worked up. Fear creeped through his spines as the growing crowd around pushed him further and further away from where he was at. "Yesung hyung!!!" Ryeowook start to cry when he felt more and more distant from where he was standing previosuly and to make things worse, he did not know where he was. "What the.. Watch where you are going!" Some had scolded him when he had tried to move forward. He knew it was dangerous for him to wander about, having not be able to see, he had tried to feel his surroundings but it was densed with people moving around and he was scared that others may had mistook his intentions, so he stood there, frozen, tearing terribly and shaking. Thoughts started to flood his mind.. what if Yesung never found him because of the crowd and what if he was brought to somewhere else. He was afraid that he would never be able to hear that soft and smoothing, heart melting voice singing and comforting him whenever he was afraid, anymore. He had used to be afraid of the dark when he had his vision. And now he was afraid of being alone, afraid of being abandon. The air around him was dense and Ryeowook felt his chest getting tighter with fear and anxiety. "Hyung... " Ryeowook sobbed softly when he moved a step forward again, trying to get to an open space so he could breathe properly but luck wasn't on his side and he bumped into someone again.

"I...im sorry.. i couldnt see where i am going..." he quickly apologied to the stranger. He had refused to let others know that he was blind. "It's ok, the crowd here is insane!" The stranger had spoke but widen his eyes when he saw who had bumped into him. "Ryeowookie?! What the hell are you doing here alone?! Where the hell is Yesung?!" He spoke and pull the small boy in front of him closer to him when the crowd around him started to move again. A stray of hope and relieved rushed through Ryeowook's body and mind as he cried out loud in tears. "Sungmin hyung!!! Is that you?!!" Sungmin was doing his usual shopping in the new mall. He would not let a sale off when there was one. He was stunned by the crowd but was more in shock when Ryeowook bumped into him. Yesung was his best friend and that make Ryeowook his best friend too. He hugged Ryeowook tightly when he cried out loud. " Yes it's me! Hey.. hey.. its okay now, were you lost in the crowd? Ssssshhh.... It's okay.. I am here now... I will call Yesung now.. okay? Hush hush..." he patted the boy as he took out his pink phone.

Yesung was in the state of panic. He had never felt so lost ever in his life, not even when he found out that his lover had lost his sight, because Ryeowook was still with him. He had lost sight of his Ryeowook now. How would the small boy feel in the huge crowd. He was afraid that someone who scold him because all in all Ryeowook couldnt see. He would be bumping into these impatient people and they would lash it out on him. He was afraid that Ryeowook's fear and wounds about losing his sight would open up again. He was so annoyed with himself that he didnt notice his phone was ringing until he sighed and placed his hand over his pocket.

"YESUNG! OMG YOU FINALLY PICKED UP!"

"Not now Sungmin... i...i.. lost Ryeowookie..." He was on the verge of tears, hoping that his Ryeowookie would be ok.

"I know.. don't hang up on me.. I actually found him..."

"WHAT? OMG. IS HE OKAY? WHERE ARE YOU GUYS NOW?" Yesung shouted into the phone, earning a few glares from the passer-bys.

"Wtf, my ears.. Don't shout. He bumped into me earlier on and I supposed so.. he is trembling quite badly now but should be fine after awhile. Why the hell do you even bring him here?! You are so gonna get it from me later. Hmm. We are near the CD shop." Sungmin nagged over the phone.

"God, who knows there would be a sales here? Okay, i am coming over." Yesung ended the call and squeezed his way through to the CD shop just right in front of him.

All that in his mind was backtracking where they had came from but he had not walked in front nor it came across his mind that Ryeowook was pushed to the front. "Yesung!" Sungmin called out when he saw his friend rushing to the CD shop. "Oh my goodness, Ryeowookie ! I am so glad that you are okay!!! Thankyou Sungmin!" Yesung shirked as he received his baby from his best friend. "Baby... oh my goodness, i am so sorry. I should have held you tighter... i am so so sorry.." Yesung apologised as he gave small kisses to Ryeowook to calm him down. The smaller boy had hugged him tightly, crying into his chest as he hipcupped through his sobs when he heard the older male speaking and arms coming to wrap him tightly. All of his fears and anxiety seemed to slowly disappear when the strong arms of his older boyfriend had embraced him tightly. He shook his head as Yesung apologised. "I am so...scared....." he whined as he continued to sob. "Baby.. I am so sorry... this will never happen again.. okay?" Yesung said softly as he wiped the falling tears away. "My precious baby." Yesung said as he hugged him tightly and looked back up at Sungmin.

"Let's go somwhere quieter, shall we?" Sungmin suggested. "Yes, we should." Yesung nodded as he carried Ryeowook up. "It will be safer this way." He smiled to Sungmin who had rolled his eyes. Ryeowook had fallen asleep on Yesung's shoulder after the constant patting on his back he had given him as they walked out of the mall and on the street. They had arrived at the cafe at the other building not far away. "I am actually glad that there is a sale and you are here. I was so afraid that i had lost my precious." Yesung smiled and Sungmin just laughed. "I would never miss a sale and you are treating this time cause I had saved your life. and your phone is ringing." Sungmin said as he watched his best friend. "Hello?" "Yesung hyung!" "What is it Donghae?" Donghae was Yesung's younger brother.

"Leeteuk hyung had found a donor for cutie pie!" "What? Are you being serious?" "YES! It's a rare chance that there is a donor and it suit Ryeowook's condition well enough. You know Teukie hyung is famous for his eye surgery right?! Besides, Ryeowook would want to see again right?" "I will call you back Donghae ah." Donghae nodded and ended the call knowing that his brother was more than happy right now. Yesung looked at the boy sleeping on his lap and slipped his coffee while Sungmin had went to the restroom when he was on the line with Donghae. "We will let you see again baby. We will get your eyes back." Yesung smiled as he kissed his boyfriend's temper and traced his fingers over Ryeowook's eyelids.

--

A few months later, Ryeowook was cuddling with Yesung on their bed. "Hyung, I didnt know the room was so empty, we should really start bringing in more decorations!" Ryeowook said. "I didnt want to see you bumping into sharp objects so i removed everything." Yesung replied while reading his book. "Hey! I am at the best chapter!" He yelped when Ryeowook grabbed the book away suddenly. Ryeowook smiled as he looked up into Yesung's eyes as his hyung pouted from the lost of the storybook. "Thank you hyung.. for taking care of me when i was at the depth of my life, driving my fears and insecurities away. Thank you for guiding me along every single thing in life. Thank you for not stopping even though I could see again. Thank you for giving me my eyes back." Ryeowook said as he blushed. "Anything for you baby. Anything for you. You are so important to me, with or without your sight. I love you just as much." Yesung smiled as he pulled Ryeowook nearer to him and hugged him tightly. "Yesungiee... I can't thank you enough.. you know.. I.. I just love you so so much." Ryeowook smiled as he hugged his boyfriend back tightly. "I love you too Ryeowookie."