9. PARK CHANYEOL AND BYUN SARANG

Major Park - Teacher Byun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I’m not fine. I miss you, and you?” That was what he told me.

“I thought that you have problems in showing your emotions!”

“Not to you!”

I did not respond back. We just stayed silent until Mrs.Kim came back.

“Okay, Major Park! There won’t be a problem for us to go to the base on this coming Saturday. What time would it be?”

“At 7.30 pm, Ma’am. We’re going to have dinner together as well!”

“Alright then! I’ll tell my teachers!”

I did not open my mouth during their conversation. I excused myself but before I left the room, I thought I heard him said, “Will you be there?”

 

On my way to Seoul I called my mother to tell her that I was on my way to Seoul and would stay home with my parents for one night before I took the morning train to Busan. So I wanted to buy something for my parents. I asked Director Kim about the best gift shop there and she mentioned something about a small gift shop one block away from the school.

It was indeed a nice shop. I bought a nice scarf for my mother and one dark blue hat for my father. Suddenly I felt something caught my eyes. I walked to the jewelry section and one necklace attracted me! The pendant was in the shape of a snowflake. It was simple but so beautiful. I touched it and before I realized, I already asked the staff to have it wrapped!

 

I arrived at my parents’ house at 3 pm. I hugged my mother as soon as I met her. My father was taking a nap so I did not want to bother him.

“Have you eaten, Chanyeol?”

“Yes, Omma. Thank you!”

“Okay, now take a rest first. You must be tired, Darling!”

“I am. Thank you, Omma!” I went to my room. Nothing changed but it was clean. I believed that my mother must clean it regularly!

I met my father when I left my room around 6. He hugged me; something that he always did after I joined the Navy. We exchanged stories and I hoped that I did not sound too excited when my father mentioned Baekhyun’s name.

“Do you remember your friend Baekhyun?”

“Yes, Sir!”

“He’s a teacher now. I never thought that he would become a teacher!”

“I know that. In fact, we are going to work with his school for the join program with the US Navy!”

“Really? That’s great! Do you know that he’s got a daughter?”

I did not know what kind of sound I made when I choked after hearing what my father said! The food almost came out of my mouth!

“He has a daughter?” I asked in an unclear voice.

“Yes. I think she’s around 10 years old now! It was surprising when he came back here from Hong Kong with a daughter!”

“So, he’s married!” I still could not believe the fact that Baekhyun was a father!

“No, he’s a single father!”

“What?” Okay, I really could not believe that!

“He’s a single father. No wife! No husband! It’s only him and his daughter!” My mother explained.

 

“Daddy!!!!” I heard my daughter called me as I

“How was your day? Was it great?” I hugged her and she hugged me back and I felt that my problems would be gone whenever she was in my arms!

“It was okay until one boy in my class started teasing me! He pulled my hair! How was yours, Daddy?”

“Well, today was quite surprising but other than that, everything was good! I’m sorry to hear that, Darling. What did you do to him?”

“Nothing. You advise me to stay away of trouble so I didn’t do anything!”

“We’re going to talk about that later, okay?” I told my daughter in softly.

My mother heard our conversation so she asked, “What made it surprising?”

“Just this and that! Now, can we have dinner? I’m starving!”

“Sure, Daddy! I’m also hungry but I wanted to wait for you!”

“Thank you, Baby! Next time it’s okay to have dinner with grandma and grandpa without me!”

She just smiled showing her teeth. I went to put my bag in my room then came out to wash my hands before having dinner.

“I’m going to the Navy base again this Saturday to meet the officers who will study with us. I might need to stay there because the meeting and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter