8. I’M NOT FINE. I MISS YOU, AND YOU?

Major Park - Teacher Byun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Help me, God! Please! Let me finish this first! Please…please….please!”

I tried to look away. Anywhere but the guy in front of me! I looked at my watch but my mind went blank. I could not tell what the time was! I did not know that Baekhyun would have this kind of impact on me!

I took a deep breath and continued talking.

“Please forgive me. So, thank you for coming and after this we will call you one by one to present the programs in front of the three of us. Thank you!”

I then opened the door behind me and let the two captains entered before I followed them. I had to bite my bottom lip to keep me from looking at Baekhyun!

 

“Do you want me to present everything in front of them, Baek?” I heard Yixing asked me. I took some time before I responded, “I’ll do it then you can add if there’s something I forget!”

I stared at the door in front of me hoping to be able to see through the wall. I wanted to see that tall Major Park! I wanted to see his eyes locked only to mine! And I hated myself for feeling that way!

After a while, I heard the first school being called to the room. I did not remember the name. I did not care about that! All I cared about was the moment my school’s name would be called so I would once again see that major!

 

We had listened and asked questions to three language schools so far. And the next one would be Baekhyun’s turn! I could not help to prevent my feet from moving in a steady-nervous speed. I had to stop immediately before Baekhyun saw it!

“Is something wrong, Major Park? You look nervous!” Captain Battye asked. He was sitting on the other end.

“No, Captain! Everything’s okay. It’s just that it’s the first big program I have since I took the job to head the language department!”

Captain Kim touched my right shoulder gently. “You’re doing fine. No need to feel nervous!”

“Yes, Sir! So, the next one will be Lingua Language School. Please ask the representatives to enter!” I ordered the junior officer who had been helping by calling the school one by one.

I felt that everything was moving in a slow motion. I could hear Baekhyun’s colleague opened the door and slowly walked in and then the next footsteps were belonged to none other but Byun Baekhyun! They put their bags next to the chairs in the corner. Baekhyun walked forward and he was standing in front of us! He looked confident and very determined! Yet, he was still beautiful as the last time I saw him!

 

“Good morning! We’re from Lingua Language School in Seoul. I assumed that you already knew that!” I paused then smiled before continued, “I’m Byun Baekhyun, the academic coordinator, and my colleague, Zhang Yixing, the head of the English department!”

- Don’t look at him, Baekhyun! Just focus on the captain in front of you! If you need to look somewhere else, just look the American captain on his right! –

My brain must felt annoyed because I did not seem to listen what it had been telling me!

I took a deep breath then started explaining briefly about the school then I described the programs we had there. I gave them several options based on their needs completed with an illustration for each option!

“Would you like to add something, Mr.Zhang?” I asked Yixing when I finished.

“No, that’s clear, Mr.Byun. However, if you have any questions about the English department, I’d be happy to help!”

 

Both captains asked questions in Korean and English to find out how good they were with those languages. I saw that Baekhyun always faced someone who asked him as well as when he explained. So, I must asked something to make him looked at me! Questions! I need questions! But, I could not think of any!

“Do you have any questions, Major Park?” Captain Kim asked.

Think, Park Chanyeol! Think! Now!

I cleared my throat then asked, “If we ask you to make text books for beginners up to advanced learners, how fast can you do it?”

“No more than five days!”

“Can you do it in two days?”

“Sure!”

If I ever thought that Baekhyun would miss or want me, I must be stupid! He looked at me when I asked the question and still looked at me when he answered. But he was only being professional! Nothing more

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter