10. SHOW ME THE WAY BACK TO YOUR HEART

Major Park - Teacher Byun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What are you saying, Sarang?” I asked the little girl.

“So, my daddy carried me for about nine months and the one that made him pregnant was a guy named Park Chanyeol!”

I thought my heart stopped beating and my brain stopped my lungs from helping me to breathe.

“Tell me, Sarang. You’re 10 but how do you understand what your daddy and grandma were saying?”

“Ahjussi, I might be 10 but I’m much more mature than other kids in my school! My daddy always talks and treats me like an adult!”

I loved this girl! I touched her cheeks and they were a bit cold.

“Go in now. You’ll catch a cold if you stay outside! It’s really nice to meet you, Sarang. I really hope to see you more often in the future!”

“Don’t you want a hug, Ahjussi?”

“Of course, especially from you!” I lowered my body and hugged her. She surprised me by pecking my cheek before she ran back to her house.

I could not help myself from thinking – and wishing so bad – that Sarang was my biological daughter!

 

I thought that we were going to stay in a hotel in Busan. Instead we were staying INSIDE the Navy base! Mrs.Kim Minji stayed in the guest room with one female teacher, Ga In.  Whilst I stayed in another guest room with Yixing and two other teachers, Suho and Xiumin, stayed in the room next to ours.

It was 7 pm. I was ready and could not wait to go because of two reasons. First, I was hungry and craving for food. And second, I loved seeing men in uniforms!

- Yeah, I know I lied! There’s only one officer I really wish to see in his uniform! –

At 7.15 pm we entered the hall. It was huge and there were so many officers there in their formal white uniforms! But, I did not see him! I looked around and Yixing noticed that.

“Are you looking for someone, Baek?”

“No! I was just admiring this room!”

“Yeah, right!” He winked and sometimes I hated him for speaking up what I kept to myself!

When we were walking closer to the table, Yixing poked me with his elbow.

“That’s your major!” He leaned his head to the right to the table where a tall handsome (y) major was sitting!

“Shut up! You don’t know what you’re talking about!”

“Don’t try to fool me, Baek! I saw the way he looked at you and how you tried to avoid his gaze but stole a glance at his direction whenever he was talking to someone else!”

I narrowed my eyes tried to stop him but I knew it was useless. Nothing and nobody could stop him once he opened his mouth!

“You know what, Baek? When I first saw him, I thought he is Sarang’s father. She looks like him!”

- Since when did he become this smart and analyze his surroundings? I’m dead! Even my parents, who know Chanyeol longer than him, didn’t even find any resemblance between him and my daughter! –

Chanyeol greeted us then introduced himself to the other teachers he had not met then introduced everyone – except me and Yixing – to Captain Kim Jongin.

Before we sat down, Yixing walked pass in front of me and he bumped my shoulder! Ouch!

“What are you doing now?”

“Oops! Sorry, Baek! I just wanted to say something to Gain!” Then he walked away but later I found out that he did that on purpose to make me sit down next to Major Park! When we sat down, I found that sly fox grinned from across the table! I sent a silent ‘idiot’ word to him!

“You’re not happy to find me sitting next to you, Baek?” Chanyeol’s question shifted my concentration from Yixing to him.

“Ahem! Not a problem at all, Major!” Of course not since that was what I had been waiting for, right?

“Do you like the guest room here?”

“Yes. The room is good and the bathroom is very clean! The teachers definitely like it!”

“Are you going to be the first teacher to teach the soldiers next month?”

“Yes. It’s my duty as an academic coordinator!”

“Were you the one who prepared all the text books we requested?”

“Not just me but everyone was participated to make them!”

“Are you happy, Baek?”

“What do you mean by asking that?”

“I just want to know so I can figure out what I should do next!”

Before I had the time to process and register what he told me, he stood up and began talking. It was already 7.30 pm!

 

It seemed like everyone enjoyed the meeting and dinner and I could see that some lieutenants found one female teacher, Ga In, to be very attractive. Well, she was y but for me the brown hair

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter