2. THE CONFESSION

Major Park - Teacher Byun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The first week in my new school passed rather quickly. I noticed that Baekhyun always came late to school except for last Thursday. I asked Jongdae about this and he said, “He doesn’t like studying!”

“Well, that’s obvious! If he likes it, he won’t come late every day!”

“He doesn’t feel like it. He’s the smartest kid here. I’m sure he’s going to pass the exam even though he doesn’t study every day!”

“I thought Minseok is number one!”

“That’s what everybody thinks! He’s number two. When we have an exam, you’ll see what I mean!”

I doubted Jongdae. Like really doubted him! But I did not have to wait too long to see what Jongdae meant.

It was during the math class. The teacher asked Jongdae to solve the problem but he failed. Then I saw Minseok raised his hand. He looked confident but then the teacher said, “It’s wrong!”

“Nobody wants to try? Park Chanyeol? I haven’t seen your skill!”

“No, Sir. I have the same answer as Jongdae.” My teacher smirked.

“I’ll try!” Everyone turned their heads to the voice. Baekhyun walked to the board and solved it.

“Correct! Great job, Byun Baekhyun! As always!”

What? Really?

My gaze met Baekhyun’s as he walked back to his chair. He raised his eyebrows up and down as if he challenged me to say something.

 

I had lunch together with Jongdae. Baekhyun was not there but when we were nearly done, he came to sit next to Jongdae.

“Where have you been?” Jongdae asked.

“Miss Jang Nara wanted to see me. She asked me not to be late again starting tomorrow. But tomorrow is Thursday and I’m never late on Thursdays!”

“Why?” I asked.

“You’re curious, right? Then I won’t tell you!” Huh!

 

I was surprised when I saw Baekhyun already in the basketball court on Thursday morning. Our PE teacher, Mr.Choi Siwon, was explaining something when I studied Baekhyun. He looked so serious but had a silly smile sometimes when he thought that nobody watched him. I looked where I thought he was looking at. My jaw dropped! Seriously? That was the reason he never came late on Thursday?

 

I was so busy thinking that I did not realize Jongdae called my name a few times.

“Chanyeol! Park Chanyeol!” I looked back and said, “Sorry. Bye, Jongdae. I’ll see you tomorrow!”

Jongdae waved then I saw Baekhyun walked to me.

“What are you thinking about?” He asked.

“Do you like Mr.Choi Siwon?”

I knew that I was not a sensitive person but Baekhyun seemed to forget that face. His face was so read. Even his ears!

He talked back angrily, “Shut up!”

He walked passed me without a word. When I turned right and closed the gate to my house, I could only see his back!

 

“Hi there, Cute Boy! Can you talk now?” Someone stood in front of me. “What? Do I need to ask for your permission to talk now?” I heard what Yoon Sohee said even though I put on the earphone and closed my eyes and my head lay on my arm on the table. But, Yoon Sohee was a fighter. She did not care if I always refused to talk to her. She took my right earphone and whispered, “I don’t mind you ignore me because you look so cute when you pretend to sleep like now, Park Chanyeol!”

Oh, God! I grabbed my earphone back then left the room. I went to the rest room because Yoon Sohee would definitely not chase me there. I stayed there for a moment without doing anything but listening to the music. When I just stepped outside the rest room, I almost fell.

“Shoot!” I screamed! There was a girl stood in front of me. I watched her face and told myself, “No, I don’t know her!” then read her name tag ‘Park Sodam’. She was not bad actually but I did not even know who she was and what she was doing there!

“Girl’s bathroom is that way!” I moved my head to show her the direction but she did not say anything. She just looked at me. I decided to walk away when she suddenly yelled, “Park Chanyeol Sunbae-nim, I like you!” What?

Then she ran towards me, pushed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter