16. WE ARE STILL GOING STRONG

Major Park - Teacher Byun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sarang still refused to talk to me and Baekhyun knew that I felt guilty but did not know how to talk to her.

“I’ll talk to her, Babe. Don’t worry! Now, can you watch over the boys?”

“Sure. Thank you, Baby!” He kissed my lips but it felt different because I felt Baekhyun wanted to say that everything would be alright through the kiss. He got up then went to Sarang’s room.

 

“Can I come in, Darling?” I asked her first before coming in. I wanted to show her that I respected her by asking her permission.

“Yes, Daddy!” She replied softly.

“Hi, Sweetheart!” I came closer to her bed and sat on the tip of it. She turned around and faced me. I could see that she had been crying.

“Do you wish to share something with Daddy?”

“I was so embarrassed because of what Appa did earlier! I’m happy he’s here but I don’t know if Insung still want to talk to me after this!”

“You do know that Appa didn’t mean bad, right? You know that we both love you and your brothers very much and Appa just knew about you two years ago! You’re special for him! You need to know that he was afraid that you’ll leave him!”

“Leave him where?”

“I don’t know. Boyfriend, college, work, marriage! All parents want to see their children happy although they never admit that watching them grow up and become less dependent on them is very hard!” I laughed because I remembered what Chanyeol told me.

“Why are you laughing, Daddy?”

“Appa can’t believe that someone – well, a boy – tries to get closer to you even before you turn 30!” Both Sarang and I laughed.

“That’s silly!”

“I know, right? But, that’s because you mean the whole world to him! You and your brothers! Take your time to think about that, okay, Darling?” I kissed her forehead then left her room.

 

I woke up and I was starving. I skipped dinner because I was not ready yet to meet my father. The digital clock on the desk showed 23:30.

“Everybody must be sleeping right now!”

I got up and walked out. I walked through the hallway straight to the kitchen. I saw the TV was showing a comedy show but nobody was watching. Daddy must have forgotten to switch it off. I decided to get the food first and turn it off later. I found someone else in the kitchen. My father!

 

 

I felt that someone was behind me. I turned around and thought it was Baekhyun. But, it was not him. It was my daughter!

“You must be hungry. You skipped dinner. I’m making sandwich. Do you want some, Sweetheart?”

She nodded. I already finished one and planned to make another one or three because Sarang also wanted to eat some.

“Do you want to eat while watching TV?”

“Sure!” She answered.

- That’s a good sign! She starts talking to me!” –

We had sandwiches without saying anything. There was only one left and I gave it to Sarang.

“Do you want some more?”

“No. I’m quite full right now. Thank you, Appa!”

“You’re welcome, Sweetheart! Here, drink first!” I handed her a glass of water.

“Thank you!” I nodded as an answer.

“I’m sorry, Sweetheart, for embarrassing you in front of Insung this evening!”

“Me too, Appa! I’m sorry because I yelled at you. But, I really was embarrassed for what you’ve done because I was afraid that Insung refuses to talk to me after this!”

I moved closer to my daughter. I caressed her hair and she put her head on my shoulder.

“We’re friends now, Darling?”

“Yes, Appa! Forever!”

“Thank you, My friend!” I kissed the top of her head and felt relax because all the guilty feelings and regrets had flown away!

 

I woke up at 5, like I always did since the twins were brought home from the hospital. I looked to my right and found Sarang was sleeping next to my lovely husband. I smiled and happy because they seemed to have solved the ‘problem’ very well. I got up and checked on my phone. No new message. I checked on Ilwoo and Jinwoo who were still sleeping deeply. They were really cute. I looked at the phone that was still in my hand, looked back to the bed and took a picture of the scene in front of me.

I carefully opened and closed the bedroom door and walked to the kitchen. My parents were already up and getting ready to take a morning walk like they always did.

“Good morning!”

“Good morning, Son! You’d better get more sleep while everyone is still sleeping!” My mother said.

“It’s automatic, Omma! I can never go back to sleep after I wake up anyway!” She just smiled.

“Okay, we’re leaving now, Baekhyun!” My father told me.

“Okay! Have fun!” They waved then went out of the house.

 

 

 

I could not believe that my children were not little kids anymore. Sarang was almost 17 years old and the boys were 5! And Baekhyun and I had been together for five years. I must admit that it was not always easy. Sometimes it was a bumpy road. Like two years ago.

Baekhyun had a new student from Germany who happened to be gay, like us. He was never afraid to show Baekhyun that he had feelings for my husband! He sent him flowers every day and every day Baekhyun asked those flowers to be returned to the sender! He did not give up. He started to send the flower to our house!

I came home one weekend and saw a bunch of roses on the table. I thought that it was someone’s birthday but everyone’s birthdays in our house already passed. I found a card and it said

‘You should know that you light my world!’

“What? Did Insung send this to Sarang?” I wondered. I went to Sarang’s room and found her studying.

“Hi, Sweetheart!” I kissed her hair while she hugged me.

“Appa! I miss you!”

“Me too, Darling! The flowers on the table, did Insung send that for you?”

“No. It’s for Daddy. I thought it was from you. No?” I shook my head.

“Someone delivered it when I came home from school. The guy said it was for Teacher Byun Baekhyun! That’s why I accepted the flower for him!”

I was really curious to find who sent it to my husband!

Baekhyun came home at 7.30 and he pecked my lips before hugging me.

“I miss you, Babe!” He said.

“I miss you too! You’ve got a flower!” I watched his eyes turned darker and his smile was gone!

“Is there something you forgot to tell me, Baek?”

“No. I’m sorry I need to wash up. I smell bad!” He walked to our room while my eyes never left his small figure.

 

I cried as I took a shower! I really hated that guy! Why did he do this to me and my family? Why did he bother us? I always told every student I had since their first day that I was married and that I had three wonderful kids! And there was not even a day when I did not wear my wedding ring! It was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter