Playing Chicken

The Dorm Crisis

At approx 15 minutes later, they found the red, puffy-faced Jungkook by the roadside not far from the shop that Jin had left him. He seemed to be having a hard time keeping still in one place; wailing openly when he saw Jin approaching.

'TaeTae's missing...TaeTae's missinggg!'

Jin felt like he was too old for this, hugging the youngest while rolling his eyes. After confirming that the little one wouldn't let him go anytime soon, Jin turned to Namjoon. 'Go find him. He shouldn't be that far yet,' he paused. 'Check the dumpster as well, just in case.'

Namjoon turned to look at the trio beside him. Hoseok was ready to work, but Namjoon was a little concern about letting him go with any of the other two. He also didn't think it was wise to group mochi and Yoongi together. Someone would ended up in a drain. His 180+ IQ worked fast before he glanced back at Jin and octi-Jungkook. 'Kookie...' he coaxed in a soft voice, making Jin's hair stood at the end. 'Hoseok smells nice, right? Right?'

Jungkook didn't react at first but removed his face from the crook of Jin's neck after a while. He glanced at Hoseok with a hiccup. 

Good. Namjoon put one hand on his shoulder and pointed at Hoseok with the other. 'Go hug him. He smells really good.'

Jungkook ditched Jin without even a second thought, jutting his lower lip out as he latched his tentacles on J-Hope. Yoongi was spotted having a throbbing forehead vein but he was quickly pulled by Namjoon. 'You come with me. We go this way.' he turned to Jin. 'You take Jimin and look elsewhere. Give a call if you find him.'

It was quickly settled. Hoseok had to hug the drunkard at the roadside and moved a little bit to a hidden corner so they wouldn't be a circus attraction. He was glad for Namjoon's quick thinking. At the same time, he was also glad that Taehyung went missing. Bros before hoes - it still never changed with Bangtan. At least for now he didn't have to worry about being the cucumber in the middle of durians' fight.

In honesty, he hoped nothing happened to TaeTae. 

'Hyung...' Kookie called between his quiet hiccups, sounding like a brokenhearted teenager. Hoseok patted his back - comforting the crying bunny. 

'Yes, Jungkook?'

The boy gave a few quick sobs before hugging the older, more slender male tighter. '...I wanna pee.'

Hoseok's body froze. 'Now?' he looked around. Jungkook nodded over his shoulder like a woodpecker.

Jung Hoseok suddenly felt a touch of regret for being the one left behind to tend to the drunk.

 

Jimin was still upset with what happened but there was no compromise when it came to Taehyung. They were the closest friends since both were brats. 

Besides him, Jin was in an even more difficult situation. He was worried about the damn silly-drunkard TaeTae and also the explosive love triangle that happened in the household. Even he and Namjoon didn't have the luxury of having such "Penthouse" drama yet, and the kids were all over the place with it.

Now, it was left to him and Namjoon to take care of it.

Being a parent was hard.

He was glad he didn't have a womb. If not he would've pulled them all back inside and never given birth in this lifetime.

Meanwhile, Taehyung could be blowing dandelions on the random roadside with a crazy killer clown standing at the end of the T-junction, waiting for him with a chainsaw. He did check a few dumpsters that they passed by. With Taehyung, the sky was the limit. He could be everywhere, doing everything. And being drunk, the limit would cease in existence from his dictionary. 

'Jimin. Make sure to keep eyes for any sign of him.'

The mochi made a sound deep inside his throat, indicating that he heard him and paid even more attention to the surrounding. They had been walking for more than 10 minutes now and he had started to get a little worried that Taehyound could've been kidnapped than just lost. They pushed further for a few more minutes before Jimin suddenly stopped.

'What is it?' Jin copied the boy and looked around warily.

Jimin made a hush sign. 'I think he's close by.'

Jin frowned a little. 'How did you know?'

'Wait,' Jimin gestured for Jin to keep still and straightened up. He cupped both hands around his mouth. 'Can I get a hoooooooooyeah?'

The expression on Jin's face fell. Jimin could've gotten their head a full can of sardines yelling like that in the middle of the quiet and sleepy neighbourhood.

'HOOOOOOOYEAHHHH!'

Jimin smiled, finally looking like a fluffy, happy chick he was in the middle of the street. 'We found TaeTae.'

 

Hoseok was having more adventure with the drunk Jungkook in one night than the photographer in National Geographic had during a weeklong stay with wild cheetahs in the safari. It felt like they took more than 15 minutes just to find him a hidden place to pee and later, even longer time to get him back to the place where they originally stood earlier. The boy also did a mini-concert in front of a few street cats and forced Hobi to participate. Giving up, the older boy gave in and joined in. At least they got something to do while waiting for the others.

By the time they were done entertaining the street cats, Namjoon and Suga were spotted heading towards them. 

Hoseok gave a close look at the two males, especially Suga. His expression was still a little tense but it seemed the walk did cool his head a bit. Besides him, Namjoon gave him his small, dimpled smile. 'Jin-hyung called. They found Taehyung,' he pointed towards home. 'Let's go back.'

It was a quiet journey back home. Jungkook didn't even utter a word, just following them quietly like an obedient child. Nobody would've thought that he was drunk. Suga walked at the other side of Namjoon, using him as a barrier from Hoseok. For some reason, he could think more clearly now and knew that he would lose it again if he got too close with him.

Namjoon sighed. Inside the house, he was the only one with the clearest "in-the-know" zone. If he didn't say anything, this would keep going on forever.

'Once we're home, let's talk,' he finally switch on his leader mode. Jin-Hyung needed an extra hand to keep this family under control and he would lend him. 'And by saying that, I want everybody to listen to me first before anything.'

He wouldn't let his man down.

Jin-hyung, I got chu.

Finally we gotta see boss-mode Namjoon. Now, flex em arm muscles ma boiii....