Hearts made of steel (Or fools seldom differ)

The Dorm Crisis

Jung Hoseok had to be a great villain in his last life - or a world saviour. Nobody else in the world had the privilage of being liked by two most charming, fluffy cotton-candy, soft-fur, bouncing mochi little meowmeow like him right now.  It was an honor to sit between those two as they stared at him and each other with cold, sharp blades in their eyes and molten fire in their breaths.

Not.

Namjoon had a built-in danger sensor, disappering at the speed of light once he felt the spike of great conflict. The top- Hoseok felt utterly helpless and exposed under both scrutinies. He wanted to leave and put on some clothes before ended up as a chewed victim, but couldn't do it under the death grip Jimin was giving his hands and Suga icy stares.

'What is your problem?'

A mochi with a heart of steel - be it drunk or sober.  Hoseok really admired his courage. He could feel the little shakes in the hands that grabbed his, but the reddening eyes refused to back down; staring back at Min Yoongi like he was challenging the hell cat.

Suga, the man who never raised his voice (while sober) before, looked back impassively at Jimin. 'What is YOUR problem?'

Hoseok could feel the raising tension so thick, it almost vibrating against his skin. It was definitely not a good day to be half-.Looking at the bristling duo, he could and couldn't see the impending doom at the same time. This could go on the whole remaining time they had for the day or would erupted into an unknown mess anytime. 

'Guys...' Hoseok also owned a heart of steel, but it quickly shrunk and shivered as two pair of eyes landed on him. Fire and ice. '...Let's not fight, ok? How about we sit down... and talk properly?'

This time, it was Suga who made the first move. He seemed to agree with Hoseok and casually walked towards the bed until he stopped in front of him. The most sensible person in the room right now (Hoseok), quickly motioned to the empty side next to him in silent invitation. 

Instead of sitting down, Min Yoongi bent down slightly to level their face and looked straight into Jung Hoseok's eyes. 'Hobi-ah, I love you.'

Direct hit. Even Jimin could feel the heat from such a straight-forward, on-your-face confession.

There was a sonic explosion happening somewhere in his astral plane and Jhope suddenly gone mentally deft after the chain of confessions. Did he really killed a heavenly son in his previous life and was now living his karma? What kind of sick punishment was this, leaving him half- between an angry volcano and a raging sea of ice?

 

'Jin-hyung!!!'

Seokjin almost jumped on his seat at the sudden yell from his phone. He pulled back the hand that almost threw the smartphone away and pulled it close to tell Namjoon to calm down first before he could listen to him properly.

'You have to come back now!'

Seokjin glanced at the playful duo that was refilling each other's glass. He didn't know when exactly, but the two was actively drinking now that he couldn't use both hands to stop them. 'Why?'

Taehyung was suffering while he drank and thought the question was for him. 'Isn't it ok once in a while?' he made a face. Jungkook nodded enthusiastically beside him. 'Yeah.'

'You... I wasn't talking to you,' he returned to Namjoon that was still wailing at the other end. 'What's the rush?' Seokjin grabbed Jungkook's hand as he brought the shot glass to his lips. 'No, you can't drink!'

Namjoon was too panicky to mind what happened on Seokjin's side. All he wanted was for Jin to return home pronto, before a bloodbath or sea of tears happened in the dorm. 'Jimin and Yoongi are about to fight!'

Jin paused as he heard the names and the word "fight". Jungkook and Taehyung took the chance to bottom up their shot glasses and snickered at the frozen Jin. The eldest did a mental count again. One was missing.

'Ji...Jimin is here,' Jin paused. 'He was here eating with us. What are you talking about?'

'Hyung...' Namjoon was desperate. 'He's in the dorm right now, confessing to Hobi!'

Seokjin was dumbfounded; immediately focusing his attention completely to the phonecall. 'Jimin what?'

Namjoon paced back and forth by the roadside, looking like a young dad who was waiting for his kid that hadn't return after curfew. 'He is in the dorm, confessing to Hobi in front of Yoongi.'

A bloody scene filled up Jin's mind. No wonder Jimin looked a little weird when he started drinking. It was like he drank to go to battle.

'Aish...I'll be there...I'll be there...' he glanced at the happy duo that was still eating and drinking their fill. The two looked tipsy. Not a good combination with the happening in the dorm. 'I'll be there quick.'

'TaeTae, Kookie, here's the money for the food,' he placed some bills on the table and after a quick pause put his card along with it. 'You guys finish the food first. Don't drink too much. Give me a call when you are done, ok?'

'Where are you going?' Kookie asked; tipsy spider-sense tingling.

Jin forced a smile. 'Just a quick meeting with someone,' he looked at the pair. 'Absolutely call me after you are done, ok?'

They both nodded firmly and confusedly look at Seokjin's back retreating as he hurried out of the restaurant. 

'Someone?' Kookie lifted his brows up - suspicious.

Taehyung handed a full soju shot glass at Jungkook, eyes still fixed at the empty entrance. 'That's suspicious...'

Jungkook nodded as he drank the shot in one go. 'Should we go peek?'

Taehyung glanced at Jungkook. The widening smile on their face just spoke their mind. Great mind think alike.

'Lets not waste the soju. We'll finish this bottle first.'

Taehyung quickly agreed with the maknae. They shouldn't waste the drink even if they weren't paying.

Well, fools seldom differ.

 

Namjoon was chanting his verse on Cypher like a buddhist would to a sutra while waiting for Jin to arrive. It shouldn't take long. The restaurant was nearby and it took less than 10 minutes of normal walking speed to get to the dorm.

Nobody looked more handsome than Seokjin as he approached from the distance. Joonie was quickly enlightened about the scene in K-drama that made the woman's heart melt once the main lead showed up in a rush to save the day. He was still seeing the scene in sparkly slow-mo as Jin half-crashing against him and wheezing like a dying beever.

'Are they still fighting?'

Namjoon was quickly pulled out from his daydreaming, entering in quick panic mode again. 'I think so. Let's ... lets go hyung.'

 

Inside the dorm, Hoseok was sandwiched between two very angry fluffballs; with one hand trying to break the pair apart and the other holding to whatever end of the towel that still hung against his body.

 

Ooooh...nobody get hurt in this chapter -yet. Someone would tho, very soon. And what will happen to the mischevious duo left in the restaurant? Omgggg... Yooongiiii...Jiminieee....don't fiiiiight. Poor Hoseokie had to be trapped in the middle again!