I'm Happy For You

Beautiful Goodbye

 

Krystal’s P.O.V

 

Minho and I walked hand in hand behind Key and Amber as we walked out the school gates. Minho and I exchanged a glance, smiling like idiots at each other. We were so happy for them. When Amber told the girls and I about it, we celebrated like there was no tomorrow. They were so cute together. As we were walking, Key kissed Amber on the cheek, causing her to stumble over her own feet. I giggled and glanced up at Minho, who looked amused. As soon as we reached the bus stop, we said goodbye to Key and the three of us headed towards the library.

Key’s P.O.V

 

“I want to introduce you to my best friend soon!” I said, while poking her as we walked out of school.

 

Amber looked away.

“What if she doesn’t like me?”

 

I kissed her on the cheek, causing her to stumble. Oh gosh she was so cute.

 

“Of course she will – Who wouldn’t like you?”

 

“Fine… When will I meet her then?” she asked.

 

I put my arm around her shoulders and laughed.

 

“Soon.”

 

As we reached the bus stop, Amber, Minho and Krystal went off to the library while I waited for the bus to come. I was meeting up with Nicole, to tell her the great news, since I hadn’t seen her in nearly a month.

 

I boarded the bus and called Nicole, who instantly picked up.

 

“What on earth are you doing that you immediately picked up on the first ring?” I laughed.

 

“Well you know… no social life… Hara, Gyuri, Seungyeon and Jiyoung are studying at home while I’m sitting here at the dukbokki stall waiting for you…”

 

“I’m on my way ok? I have a BIG surprise for you!”

 

“I can’t wait!” she cried.

 

After what seemed like a very short bus trip due to the conversation on the phone, I arrived at my destination, finding Nicole with her arms crossed while tapping her foot impatiently on the ground.

 

“FINALLY!” she cried, throwing her hands up in the air.

 

I smiled at her. We then ordered some food then walked to a park and ate there. I was dying to tell her about Amber.

 

As she happily ate her food, she somehow managed to talk between mouthfuls.

 

“Wa wab duh supwse?”

 

“What?!”

 

“Wa doo wan to tllme?”

 

What on earth was she saying?

 

“Nicole. Chew and swallow!” I reached over and moved her jaw up and down to speed her up. Seriously! How did she expect me to understand her like that?

 

After swallowing her dukbokki and fishcakes, she wiped and smiled at me.

 

“What was the surprise?” she cried while clasping her hands together in excitement.

 

“I asked her out!” I cried.

 

Nicole’s P.O.V

 

My heart was pounding against my chest. Would the surprise be asking me out or was I just getting my hopes up? I hoped for the best as I clasped my hands together.

 

“What was the surprise?” I asked.

 

"I asked her out!" he said.

I looked at him and smiled. Whoever she was, she must be really lucky.

"Did she say yes?" 

My heart lurched as I asked him those words. I had to be as normal as possible. I had my hopes up. He had been giving me all these signs… and it felt as if we were dating. I mean, we were best friends, but… I swear, the way he smiled at me, the way he told me everything.

 

“She totally said yes!” he cried.

 

My heart stopped as soon as he said those words. He seemed so happy. I couldn't bear to take that away from him. No matter what I thought, it's not like we were actually dating anyway... We were always just friends.

 

Forcing a smile and choking back the tears, I asked him how he finally confessed to her. I had no idea why I asked him – it would make me wish that it was me.

 

“I took her out for ice cream after school about a month ago and well… It was like the ice cream gave me super confidence so I kissed her and told her I liked her,” he recounted.

 

Wow. He asked her out about a month ago. I resisted the urge to sigh and instead forced myself to be cheery about it.

 

“Aww! That is totally cute! Who is this lucky girl? You’ve always talked about her but never mentioned her name…”

 

“You’ll see soon! I want to introduce you guys- I just know you guy will instantly click from the start!”

 

Funny. I was totally going to get along with the girl that I thought would have been me. No matter how every part of me was telling me to refuse to meet her, I forced myself to say yes, after all, at the end of the day, he was my best friend and I knew that no matter what I ever asked from him, he’d happily oblige.

 

“Sure! I can’t wait to meet her!” The words escaped from my lips. I really wanted to start crying, but not in front of Key. I didn’t want to ruin his happiness.

 

He smiled at me.

 

“She can’t wait to meet you too!”

 

He then began to mumble before coming up with a day for the outing for the three of us.

I chuckled nervously. That day couldn’t come any sooner.  I would feel like such a third wheel, but this meant a lot to him and I wanted to support him no matter what, despite every ounce of me wanting to scream out that I liked him. Despite this, I was somewhat happy for him. He had this look on his face as he talked about her, a look that showed how much he liked her.

As much as I didn't want that to be reality, I had no right to stop him from being happy.