Oh Key!

Beautiful Goodbye

5 Weeks Later…

Key’s P.O.V

 

                When I saw Nicole walking towards me, I waved and jogged to her. I pretended to be angry at her because she did keep me waiting for nearly an hour.

 

“YAH! What took you so long?!”

 

She pouted and tugged my sleeve.

 

“Oppa! I’m sowwy, the bus was late,” she said.

 

I laughed at her.

 

“My aegyo is WAY better than yours,” I stated.

 

She punched me.

 

“Shut up!” she laughed.

 

We then began walking towards the cinemas. After we got our tickets, we went to play in the arcade while we waiting for the beginning of the movie since the first fifteen minutes were all commercials anyway.

 

I headed off to the toy machine and put a few coins in. Nicole excitedly ran to join me.

 

“THE PORORO ONE! THE PORORO ONE!” she cried.

 

“WHAT?! That’s like buried in between so many other plushes!”

 

“What are you talking about?! It’s like in plain sight!”

 

“You’re clearly blind - that is an impossible position,” I insisted.

 

She glared at me.

 

“I bet you 20 000 Won that I can get it,” she said, smugly.

 

I snorted. As if she would.

 

“You’re on!” I yelled as I moved out of her way, so sure that I was going to be 20 000 Won richer tonight.

 

Amazed, I watched Nicole as she concentrated on the machine, looking at the position of that Pororo plush from all possible angles. When she looked like she was ready, she pressed the buttons to position the claw and to my surprise, the Pororo plush was firmly picked up and it fell down the chute. Nicole bent down and picked up the plush, walked over and waved it around my face. I laughed nervously and looked at my watch. I DID NOT want to give her 20 000 won just for a tiny plush.

 

“OMG! The movie has started!” I cried as I grabbed her arm and pulled her towards the theatre.

 

“YAH! YOU OWE ME 20 000 WON!” she cried as we ran to the theatre, gathering us weird looks along the way.

 

As soon as we sat down, Nicole leaned over to me.

 

“20 000 won!” she whispered, again waving the toy in my face.

 

“If you keep waving that thing in my face I’ll chuck it across the theatre,” I hissed.

 

Nicole crossed her arms.

 

“Fine! But it doesn’t end here!”

 

She turned towards the screen – we were watching The Vow, but she eventually fell asleep on my shoulder. I smiled wistfully as I wished that it was Amber here with me, though I highly doubt she would agree to watch The Vow. When the movie was finally over, Nicole jumped up, surprised that she had actually fallen asleep. I pretended that I didn’t know she fell asleep and led her out to Korean BBQ.

 

“Don’t you think the movie was really good?” I asked as we waited for our order.

 

“Yeah!  It was the best!” she replied.

 

“Didn’t you love the part where Paige fell asleep while they were playing hide and seek in the library? Rachel McAdams and Channing Tatum are daebak!”

 

“I know right? That bit was so cute!”

 

“That never happened Nicole,” I laughed, reaching over and pinching her cheek. “I know you fell asleep!”

 

Nicole looked away guiltily then looked up at me, smiling cheekily.

 

“My 20 000 won?” she smiled.

 

“Why else did you think I brought you here to eat?”

 

“I knew you wouldn’t give it to me straight out,” she replied. “So… since I fell asleep through most of the movie, care telling me what happened?”

 

After I told her what happened, we were heartily enjoying our meal.

 

“Oppa, is there anyone that you want to love like that?” she asked.

 

Amber.  My heart instantly went racing and I grinned. After all, Nicole was my best friend and she gives really good advice.

 

“Well… there’s this girl…” I began.

 

Nicole sat smiling at me, listening intently.

 

“I’ve known her for a while… whenever I see her, whenever we hang out together, I wish that that day would last forever… I see her nearly every day and she is one of the most amazing people I’ve met,” I continued, smiling at Nicole.

 

Man, actually talking about Amber made me smile so much that my cheeks were starting to hurt.

 

“I’m thinking of asking her out… but I really don’t want to risk our friendship or anything…”

 

Nicole leaned over and grabbed my hands. She smiled brightly and encouragingly at me.

 

“Go for it – You never know, she might feel the same way back,” she insisted.

 

I chuckled.

 

“I’ll see…”