We Will Never Get Along

Our Crazy Class Project!

 

LeeGeumHee_zps30077ab2.jpg

 

Miki’s POV

 

“It has been a week since the last meeting…” Jaemin said with a pout as she sulked on her desk.

Hyunjin shrugged and continued to look through a magazine with Jiwook.

“No news for you to tell?” Soo yeon asked as she slumped on her seat.

“Yah!” Key yelled and unexpectedly made SooYeon sit properly this time.

Everyone else stared at her in surprise.

“What?” she frowned at us and busied herself with her stuff.

I saw Jinah stifling a laugh as Jaemin walked over to her.

“Why is SooYeon acting weird when Key looks at her? Does she like him already??” Jaemin asked, her reporter side showing once more.

“Hah. Soo yeon…. She likes everything and everyone else but Key. But right now, he’s her boss.” She said as she gave a knowing look.

“What?” Jaemin asked, giving her a confused look.

“We should probably just leave it for now.” Jinah smiled.

“Okay…” Jaemin pouted once more and dragged herself to her seat. I smiled at her and watched as she fiddled with her hair, take out a notebook and pencil, and write a song, think, and do other things. How can someone be so restless? I mean… She does something different every other minute! This girl is amazing.

“Jaemin.” I heard Jiwook call.

“Hm?” Jaemin asked as she looked up from her notebook that is now covered with doodles.

“Stop moving!” Jiwook said, obviously annoyed.

“But-“Jaemin said but was interrupted.

“No buts! I know you’re bored, but it bothers me.” Jiwook said as she walked over and sat beside me.

“Lemme doodle too,” she said as she grabbed a pen from Jaemin’s pencil case.

“Are you that excited to meet your partner?” I asked after a few minutes of consideration.

“Huh?” both Jiwook and Jaemin asked me.

“Not you Jiwook, I know you’re very much bothered by this project but Jaemin…. She’s….” I said and started thinking for a proper word.

“Unusual?” Hyunjin supplied.

“Yes.” I nodded.

“How can you tell??” Jaemin asked with a slight blush on her face.

“Well, you’re a bit more fidgety than usual and you always ask how it is to have a ‘partner’.” I started.

“Really?” she asked, blushing.

“Yes, really. And it’s disturbing.” Jiwook snapped.

“Gosh, Jiwook. You don’t understand a maiden’s heart even though you are one at the moment.” Yoona said.

“I’m no maiden.” Jiwook scoffed, making me chuckle.

“CLASS!” Mr. Kim suddenly yelled, making everyone else flinch.

“Where are the new couples?” he asked as he slumped down on his seat and lifted his feet up to his desk like usual.

Jaemin stood straight and took a deep breath.

“Um…. Jonghyun and Hyunjin…” she said as she watched Jonghyun stand up and walk over to Hyunjin. He then offered a hand to Hyunjin. Hyunjin hesitated by Jonghyun just grabbed her hesitating hand and pulled her up to the front of the class.

“Good.” Mr. Kim said, obviously satisfied with Jonghyun.

“Next.” He continued.

“Donghyun and…?” Jaemin started but hesitated and then took out a notepad.

“This girl is serious stuff.” I heard Jeongmin whisper to himself as he watched Jaemin look at her notepad.

“Oh yeah! Yubin.” She smiled as Yubin and Donghyun stood up at the same time. Yubin started walking to the front of the class but Mr. Kim stopped her.

“What do you think you’re doing?” he narrowed his eyes at her.

“Walking.” Yubin said.

“Go back. You know the routine Ms. Class President.” He said and motioned for her to go back. Yubin took a deep breath and stomped her way to the confused Donghyun and grabbed his hand.

“Hurry up you slow brat.” I heard her murmur in annoyance as she pulled the dumbfounded Donghyun up to the front of the class. Once they settled, Mr. Kim motioned for Jaemin to continue.

“The last one for now is Jinah and Hyunseong.” Jaemin said while looking at her notepad and making notes.

Hyunseong then clumsily made his way up to Jinah and offered a hand to her, making her smiled as she took his offered hand.

“Good boy, Hyunseongie. But consider doing that more smoothly next time arasso?” Mr. Kim said as he patted the shoulder of the embarrassed Hyunseong.

“Since there’s only 3 couples today…. Hm…. What should I give you…?” Mr. Kim stopped and thought for a while.

“What would you guys prefer to do?” He asked as he sat on his desk this time.

“Should I let you go to the mall?” he asked.

“Yes, yes!”Jonghyun agreed.

“Then it’s decided!” Mr. Kim said as he waved them out.

“Go now, and have fun.” He smiled in a fatherly way.

“Kamsahamnida!” they all said in unison as the hurried to grab their things and run out.

“Now. There are still…?” he started.

“4 couples left.” Jaemin supplied in.

“Oh. Now you guys! It’s not nice to let these pretty ladies wait! Be men and just introduce yourselves already!” Mr. Kim snapped.

“But what price would we get?” Onew asked.

“Well, if you, remaining scared puppies get to introduce yourselves in one week, I’ll give you tickets to Lott world and some cash to come with it for the whole day!” he smirked.

“Just a week?” Taemin pouted.

“Yep.” Mr. Kim nodded, obviously pleased with himself.

“What happens if we don’t finish in a week?” Onew asked.

“You get nothing.” Mr. Kim shrugged, being the evil teacher that he is.

“WHAT?!” Taemin, Jeongmin, and Onew complained.

“No buts! One week.” Mr. Kim smirked and then left the room.

==

No one’s POV

“Guys! We need a plan! No matter what I want a day where I can get out of this hell hole!” Jeongmin started to whine as he walked over to Minhyuk where Onew and and Taemin already sat.

“Yeah, yeah we know. Everyone else does.” Onew shrugged.

“We need to make a schedule. We have to help each other out though. We have share what we plan to do now!” Taemin said as they huddled closer.

“Why are you by my desk anyways?” Minhyuk asked, talking for the first time.

“Oh. Well, you are still a part of this though. And if we don’t finish in a week. I’m going to have to suffer in hell.” Jeongmin said.

“Now, huddle up!” Onew said and they all started whispering and murmuring in one corner of the room.

==

“They’re hopeless.” Jiwook shook her head as she slumped at her seat.

“Well, they are desperate. I mean, I don’t want to saty here for a day while everyone else went out for a day! I don’t want to be left out!” Jaemin pouted.

“And Mr. Kim’s proposal seems fine though… I mean we do get money if so…” Hana agreed.

“Anyways, we’re the only four left and so are they. Who do you think your partner will be?” Jaemin asked out of nowhere.

“I don’t care.” Miki shrugged.

“I don’t want any of those idiots.” Jiwook said as she rolled her eyes.

“I don’t know… But if I were to pick, it’d be Taemin ofcourse!” Hana smiled.

“We know.” Jaemin and Jiwook said in unison, making Hana blush.

“But  I ireally think that Jiwook has Onew for a husband!” Jaemin squealed, making Jiwook have goosebumos.

“Yah. Shut up or I’ll staple your mouth.” Jiwook threatened.

“That’s mean..” Jaemin pouted.

“But it’s true though! And you look adorable together too!” Hana added in.

“You too Hana.” Jiwook narrowed her eyes at the two.

“What do you think Miki?” Yoona asked, obviously asking for help.

“I dunno. I kind of think so too, to be exact.” Miki said.

“No way! I’d rather have Minhyuk or Jeongmin then! I can’t have Taemin since someone’s going to hunt me down so anyone else is fine but that guy!” Jiwook said, obviously pissed.

“We know, we know. You said that for the millionth time already.” Jaemin said as she put her head on top of her table.

“Then stop saying that I have Jinki as a husband for the millionth time!” Jiwook countered.

“Gosh, so feisty.” Yoona and Jaemin said in unison.

==

“Okay! Now we know what to do for our plans…. Who wants to go first?!” Jeongmin said cheerfully but the atmosphere soon went cold.

“I call second!” Onew yelled out of nowhere.

“Hey! I call third then!” Jeongmin said, annoyed that he didn’t get second.

“Okay!” Onew cheered, pleased with himself.

“Who wants first?” Onew smirked.

“I’ll go first then.” He said, making everyone stare at him with both amusement and relief.

==

Miki’s POV

“I’ll see you tomorrow then!” Jaemin said as she ran after Jiwook.

“Bye!” Miki smiled and then started fixing her bag.

“Miki-ssi?” a deep voice called out to her.

“Oh. Taemin-ah! Is there something you need?” I turned to him.

“Oh. Would you mind if umm….Can you come with me somewhere?” he asked me with hesitation clear on his face.

“Um… Where is this place exactly?” I asked him.

“Oh. It’s this café that I always wanted to go to but…. I can’t go there alone….”he said.

‘He’s obviously lying…’ I thought to myself. ‘But what harm can this boy do?’

“Sure. Just make sure to pay for my bill.” I shrugged and stood up. I waited for him to take the lead but he just stood there staring at me in disbelief.

“What? You don’t want me to?” I asked him.

“O-oh… No, no! I just thought...” he trailed off but never finished.

“Never mind.” He shook his head.

“Let’s go!” he smiled at me as he took the lead.

‘Why is he so nervous?’ I thought to myself as I followed him outside the classroom.

==

Outdoor%20cafe.jpg

“We’re here!” he cheered, obviously relieved.

“Yeah…” I said, feeling a bit uncomfortable.

“Let’s stay out here.” He said as he pulled out a chair for me.

“Thank you.” I said as I sat down. He then took his place in front of me.

“You’re not my husband are you?” I asked him.

“W-what?” he stuttered as he scratched the back of his neck.

“You don’t have to lie. Just say it. Where is he?” I stated, my gaze not leaving him.

“I-I don’t know…”he pouted.

“I’ll go get our orders.” He said and stood up.

“Arasso. Please get me ice coffee.” I said, feeling kind of bad for this fidgeting young boy.

“Okay. Please wait here.” He said and stood up.

“Gomowo.” I smiled.

==

“Where the heck is he?” I said to myself as I looked through the glass walls of the café.

“Sigh… I knew this would happen.” I said as I slumped back to my seat.

“I should leave.” I said as I grabbed my bag.

“Hello.” I heard deep voice say, making me turn to the source.

“Oh. Hello.” I smiled and sat up without looking at Minhyuk.

“What took my ice coffee so long?” I asked and leaned in.

“Sit, sit.” I said as I motioned for him to take a seat.

“Did Taeminie leave?” I asked as I grabbed the big cup of iced coffee.

“Yes.” He said as he sipped his own iced coffee.

“I see, I felt bad for him you know? He’s a bad liar.” I said with a smile.

“Yeah. I got here late too.” He shrugged.

“Oh, that’s very much gentlemanly of you.” I said without hiding the fact that I’m annoyed.

“Nah. I just lost track of time.” He said with a weird lookon his face.

“Yeah. You saw her didn’t you?” I said as I crossed my legs and leaned back, still looking straight at his eyes.

“No.” he denied. How can he possibly say no when it was so obvious?

“Stop lying to me.” I shook my head in disgust.

“Can you just stop asking me about her?” he said and I could tell that he was getting annoyed, which made me feel way better. It was comforting to know that I wasn’t the only one that was affected by this.

“Fine. It’s my sister we’re talking about after all.” I said, not ready to let it go.

“Why are you being impossible?” he snapped at me.

“Me?” I laughed.

“Stop kidding me! She’s already engaged and to be married in 2 months! Just let her go already! You’re just hurting yourself.” I snapped back.

“Just leave me alone! It’s none of your business anyways!” he yelled back and stood up.

“I’m leaving.” He said and turned, leaving me frustrated and annoyed.

“Why do you have to destroy my day?” I murmured tomyself, ignoring the stares from everyone else in the café.

==

I took my time finishing the large cup of iced coffee that already tasted like water by the time that I finished it.

It has already been 2 and a half hours since Minhyuk walked out on me.

“So much for the ‘first meeting’.” I murmured, feeling stupid for initiating the fight like that.

I took a deep breath and grabbed my bag, preparing to leave. The sun has started setting about 30 minutes ago and the sky is a mix of purple orange and blue. It looks pretty but the mood I’m in can’t seem to cope with the scenery.

I stood up and started walking towards the road to my house.

“I shouldn’t have gone there.” I sighed as I passed by the park.

“This is annoying. Why did it have to be him?” I kept on talking to myself.

“I know right? He’s very annoying.” I heard a deep voice say, making me snap my head up.

“What are you doing here?” I frowned at him.

“I dunno, I was just playing. Don’t mind me.” He said as he sat still on the bench.

I shrugged and started walking again, trying my best to ignore him.

“The sky looks nice today. Want to watch with me?” he asked.

“No. I don’t want to bother you.” I said as I walked past him.

“It’s not gentlemanly not to walk a girl home. I guess I have to walk you home.” He said as he walked over beside me.

“Yeah. That’s very considerate of you.” I said sarcastically.

“I know.” He shrugged.

“I haven’t walked this way for so long already.” He said quietly.

“I wonder why.” I said without emotion.

“Probably because I know I’ll see you here.” He joked.

“Haha.” I remarked.

“Can you just stop that?” he said, obviously pissed.

“Stop what? I’m not doing anything.” I shrugged.

“Fine! First meeting is already like this.” He gave up.

“I already know you. This is no first meeting.” I rolled my eyes at him.

“I know.” He said. ‘He’s pissed.’ I thought in satisfaction.

~SILENCE~

“Would they be at your house?” he asked when we turned to the corner where my house was.

“How should I know?” I shrugged and stopped when he stopped walking.

“I think I’ll be staying here.” He said without looking at me.

“Yeah. Bye.” I said as I watched him walk away.

“You’re such a coward.” I murmured once he was out of sight.

“Why are you such a coward?” I murmured once more with a pain in my chest.

‘I don’t even know who’s a bigger coward? Him? Or me?’ I thought to myself as I swallowed the lump that formed in my throat. I then turned and started walking towards the house with my chest still feeling stingy.

Author's Note:

Hey guys! I hope you liked this chapter! I just finished with exams and I feel happy and free again! <3 x3 Well, I hope I get more time to write this semester! Well, till my next update lovelies~