Chapter 11 : Wound

The Prince of Darkness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Skangjun

Uhm, hello? Still there peeps? Omaigosh I am deeepplyyyy sorry for the hiatus but yeay! I'm back-ish! Well college being college, I'm barely live through it. Hah. But hey! It's the brand new chapter! Enjoy! Love ya peeps!

PS : From this chap onwards, it would be a bit ( a lot ) depressing. It's angsty to the core.

Ciao!

 

 

Thoughts of you-

They have their home,

They swell in me like wounds.

- Segovia Amil

 

 

 

‘ He would be back, soon enough.’

‘ What?’ the court lady was frozen. Eying the 14th prince, she found no trace of hoax. His eyes were everywhere, but never meeting hers.

‘ The 4th prince, Wang So.’ A deep breath. Wang Jung was taking his time.

‘ The construction in Seokyeong, it was demanding enough, even Wang-Shik Ryeom could not elucidate.’ That was when his eyes finally met hers. The same dark orbs she had learned to love.

‘ Oh.’ Hearing her answer, a smirk formed on his rugged face. Aging with war.

‘ That was your answer, Soo-yah? It’s been three years.’ That had struck her, hard.

It’s been three years.

‘ Tell me about the meeting.’ A deep chuckle as she strolls closer to him, eying the cherry blossoms.

‘ A favor.’ That was his answer. Hae Soo was wise enough not to ponder its future.

Her mind drifted to him, the shadow, her demons from another life. It felt like it, another life. A life without the haunting dark eyes, a wound ago. And her mind had wandered, whatever was wrong with Wang Yo. Her dark prince was distracted, enough to dismissed her.

‘ Soo-yah..’ Wang Jung has been cut off by Eunuch Yang. His frantic eyes met hers. Instantly she knew, it was Wang Yo.

‘ Forgive me, but I shall attend the king immediately.’ With a smile, she left Wang Jung to rush to the palace, the eunuch in tow.

Wang Jung could only smile in defeat.

 

 

===

 

 

‘ His Highness had been in the temple since you left. Even the tea was left untouched.’ Eunuch Yang said in a hushed tone, concern. Despite everything, the eunuch couldn’t help but worry about the king.

The bell could be heard by the entire palace, frantic and erratic. Hae Soo signs in defeat. This, whatever it is, must stop. Wang Yo must stop. The guilt, yes, it was the crushing guilt that had eaten him, his soul. It was inevitable, no one could deny it.

‘ I’ll talk to him, Eunuch Yang.’ With that, the said man walked away, a look of distress still graces his old face. Her eyes trail back to the door. The frantic bells never cease, seeming loude

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter