Chapter 4 : Weakness

The Prince of Darkness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Skangjun .

Hey!

A little shout out for my dear friend, Farizah, as she was one of the few people I had told when This Story was still a mere idea.

PS : This chapter, I don’t have any specific explanation in how the duo would interact except… Yo and Soo were both bipolar to the core.

PPS : Its my BIRTHDAY!!! YEAY!!! And I’m in a REALLY good mood, so yes, this chapter might be extra special… or not. I’m not gonna apologize or something, nah.

Ciao!

 

 

 

 

 

Power over others is weakness disguise as strength

- Eckhart Tolle

 

 

 

Wang Yo had avoided the court lady entirely, cut her out of his gravitation. He hadn’t summoned her, for far too long, even for the tea, much to Damiwon surprise.

The guards had been whispering the tale, of the dreadful king and his court lady, of how the king had dismissed them all. The story had made entire Songak gasp, it was very scandalous, as everyone was rather aware that the court lady held the affection of the fourth prince.

Hae Soo herself was very aware of that and the fact that the king has avoided her was disturbing. What has been wrong? She kept questioning herself. Yes, still, she had made his tea the entire time but he won’t let her serve him.

The court lady was restless, yes.

It had driven Hae Soo to do something reckless, something to gain the king’s attention. She won’t let him escape this, as now she had realized the effect she had on him.

I won’t let you slipped away, Wang Yo.

 

 

===

 

 

Wang Yo knew very well how rumors sprawl all over Damiwon, how the king had dismissed his guards just to be with his court lady, how the court lady herself had been herself to him. His favorites were, of course, the court lady was getting into the king's good grace as she was helping her lover, the fourth prince. Yo had never laugh as hard as when he had been hearing that.

Hae Soo, it’s been awhile.

What is it? Weeks? Months? Wang Yo himself had lost the track of time but still, she had been in the back of his mind all the while. Yo had enough.

He was surprised, yes, taken back either by her daring demeanor, alluring, tempting but innocence altogether. Wang Yo himself was puzzled by her.

The king’s thought was disturbed with a bang. The door’s wide open, revealing, much to Wang Yo’s disbelief, Hae Soo, a determined look on her face. His guards were right behind, trying to stop the court lady.

Wang Yo raises his eyebrow, scoff in amusement. Never, he had never imagined, even in his wildest dreams, that his court lady would come barging into his throne room.

‘ Forgive us, Your Majesty. This shall not happen again.’ One of the guards has spoken, trying to prevent the lady from getting near the king. The lady herself wasn't one to give up so easily.

Fierce, he likes that in a woman.

‘ Let her.’ The king’s voice piercing through the room, startling them all and as it queues, they let her go. Rush out of the door, leaving the two alone.

They stared at each other, his dark orbs boring hers and Hae Soo wasn’t one who would back away either.

It felt odd, Wang Yo had mused, seeing his lovely court lady as he was doing his best to avoid her. Nothing had changed yet, everything about her seems unfamiliar. How charming.

' Hae Soo.' he acknowledges his court lady in a stern voice, taking her full form wholly.

‘ What are you afraid of?’ the unexpected outburst had taken Wang Yo by surprise.

A question the king hadn’t been expected. The damned woman was asking for his weakness. The one thinks he had been keeping for himself. Wang Yo was furious.

‘Out!’ the king’s voice banging through the room. He turns his gaze from her, trying to manage his rage. If the lady thought she had figured him out, how wrong was she, what a fool.

Hell is waiting for you, Soo-yah.

Hae Soo had enough! She won’t let Wang Yo turn from this. It needed to be done.

' Look at me!’ it was the court lady, fists clenching so hard, determined. It had taken Wang Yo by surprise if the question wasn't sufficient. Their gaze, once again met.

The concern in her eyes was asphyxiating. Yo, find it hard to breathe.

‘ What are you afraid of?' it came in a whisper, so broken, so soft. His anger had been lifted, all of sudden, he never realizes the breath he was holding too.

Hae Soo held the urge to turn from his intense gaze, it was too much. The question, she had pondered long enough, long enough to conclude it all.

Wang Yo was afraid.

Of what? The lady couldn’t guess. Wang Yo could have anything he desired, an intellect one would envy and a love of a mother, the one Wang So had desired for so long. Thus, what was he afraid of?

‘ Losing.’ A single word had been spoken and Hae Soo was left speechless. Yet, the word had made everything… elucidated. She needs a hold.

They never broke the gaze and Hae Soo for once, she saw it, the longing, yearning in his eyes. The court lady held her breath. This is too much, the silence, it was unbearable. Hae Soo couldn’t think.

That was when Wang Yo rose from his throne, a wistful look on his face as he stalked down to her. The lady refused to look away.

‘ It’s a cruel world, Soo-yah.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter