Chapter 2 : Heart

The Prince of Darkness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Skangjun .

This is awesome! Like really?! 60++ subs already? You’ve put me in pressure, that’s for sure.  But, hey! Really, I do need some words in what do all of you assume from this story. 

Ps: sorry, but not sorry! Chapter 2 is up to go!

Pps: you could find this exactly same story under the same title in Ao3

Ciao!

 

 

There are plenty of ways to die,

 but only love can kill and keep you alive to feel it.

 – Lee Christopher

 

 

He had stared at her. Hard enough to made her cower but not to made her back away. Not until she had knew the affect she had caused him.

And she had wanted to know what he would do next. She can’t read him, but still she had held his gaze.

What would you do, Wang Yo?

Many taught had crossed her mind. Would he slap her like before , or would he stifle a smirk like usually he does? Heavens, she even assumed that he would kiss her! But still, he just stood there, hand on her braid, her palm above his chest. They were close, too close. She could smell the mint tea in his breath.

They stood there in silence.

‘ Ah, tempting. I didn’t see that coming, Lady Soo.’ And he shoved her hard. Throw her to the floor. Let her fall to his feet, the place where a mere servant like her belong.  

‘ Stop yourself, woman. To me not the least, but yes, I do know now why those idiots fall for you.’ And he smirked. The devil has come back, but yet, it never go away either. It never left him.

He turned to his throne, still smirking maliciously. His eyes glued to her. The starlet form she is, the shock written in her face. This is fun, he mused. The joy of seeing her suffered. It might become his addiction. As if hers alone isn’t his addiction.

But he won’t let her see that. The privilege he won’t let anyone have. To see how much she had affected, how he had wanted her, had haunted his dreams. Mostly, he won’t let her see his weakness. Never.

‘ Out. You’re not needed here.’ Stern, loud and clear he had said it but Hae Soo did not budge. Not even an inch. What’s in you pretty little mind, little Soo? Loathe? Disgust?   Compassion?

And she turns to him, stood in front of him like nothing had happened. Her big brown eyes glister in tears and much to his surprise, he saw pity in her eyes. And he holds his breath, waiting… for any possibility.

‘Waiting is fertile, Yo.’ Wang Shik Ryeom once told him.

She blinks, once, twice and the tears betray her. He is a monster, it was an understatement, yes. But above everything, he is still Wang Yo, a human. He won’t stand a humongous sins he had commit.

He would pay.

It felt as eternity had faded when Hae Soo finally break the silence.

Wang Yo had expected an outburst. A crying wreck she is or at least a curse, saying that he would suffer the consequences. Not this, nothing like this.

‘ I need a favor, Your Highness.’ And he stared her hard. Trying to figure out what is in her mind.

Wang Yo tilt his head. She had his full attention, always had.

They held each other gaze, long enough to feel like a lifetime. He knew, in another life, if he’s not rotting in hell, her eyes would find him. He would remember it, in this lifetime or another.

With the quiver of her chin, she spoke. Painfully soft but he had heard it not the least.

‘ Show me the way to your darkness and I shall show you the meaning of my light.’ And she held his gaze, long enough see the curiosity in his dark orbs but not long enough to see the longing in it.

He laugh, a hearty, piercing laugh that non had ever heard from him. But it alarmed her because she was true to her words. Hae Soo didn’t intend for him to have the wrong idea.      

‘ Heavens, it was a good laugh, Lady Soo. You’ve surprise me once again.’ And he shook his head. His mirth didn’t find the end yet. It has been long since he had the chance to laugh. Wang Yo turn his head to face her and there she was, her expression deadly.

No time for jokes, little one?

‘ Ah… the little angel want a dreadful stroll in hell doesn’t she?’ one hand clench the tea cup. Hold it in a deadly grip. The words flow in between his clenched teeth.

His eyes maliciously search hers. There she was, standing there, her first clench by her sides and her tear stained cheeks. The epitome of sorrow yet she was asking for the devil.

And the devil shall she got.

She was afraid, yes. Yet, maybe the history wasn’t told right. Maybe she wasn’t send here to save the notorious Gwangjeong. Perhaps, it was him, Wang Yo or now, Jeongjong, the third monarch of Goryeo, third son of King Taejo. If need be, she will saves him. She had made her choice.

‘ Think about it, Your Highness. I shall go.’ With that, she bows gracefully. Like she usually does and walked away. Her lack of answered, let it ponder him. Let him figure it out himself.

For now, she would let him but until then, it was up to her to construct her scheme.

Until then, dear Prince of Darkness.

 

===

 

She is light and yet, there won’t be any if not for the dark.

‘Show me the way to your darkness and I shall show you the meaning of my light.’

It was an invitation, he knows. Yet, one couldn’t be so sure. It’s a dark world, and devil may be disguise as angel. She might be one.  That much he knew.

 The meaning of her light.

It’s been hunting him for nights. His demon, following his every steps. There was her too. In the back of his mind, whispering the words over and over again. Light. Her li

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter