Chapter 5 : Beauty

The Prince of Darkness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Skangjun.

Nope, it's a light chapter. No evil Yo or dark Hae Soo. 

PS : I love writing Healer Kim, might as well write him more in the future. 

PPS : Vote and Comment away. 

PPPS : Oh, and... you could find this exactly same story under the same tittle in AO3 and Wattpad! ^^

 

Sayonara! 

 

 

 

 

True beauty is not of the body or the face, it is a thing of the soul –

Of fire and air, breath and spirit, something brave and unafraid.

-Segovia Amil

 

 

Healer Kim isn’t one who would question out of curiosity, he had been serving the royal family all his life. Knowing the royalties, he had learned one thing, never ever question them. The act might be unusual but the intention had been good, mostly. It was hard to stun him, he was immune to that.

But the former third prince had proved him wrong. His Majesty had shown him that by gracing his humble infirmary with a bundle in his arm… and blood smudging his face. The healer was speechless for a while and, with an indifferent look, he told the king to lay the patient on the bed. As he walks closer to the bed, he saw the face, her face, Court Lady Soo.

Oh.

‘ She had lost so much blood.’ The king himself had stated, with an indifferent look. He kept his eyes on the court lady, the healer had noticed that and… the king’s trembling hands. He was aware.

Healer Kim nods in understanding. He had been with her ever since, but the healer had known to never question the royalties, even more, the king. That is when he had turned from the two visitors to find the medicine needed.

Yet, again, he was aware, the king himself had managed to untied the maiden’s uniform, leaving her bare from the bloodied robe, such intimacy.

‘ Your Highness, I shall fetch my assistant.’ The healer bow with respect, as he moves to walk out of the room.

‘ No.’ it made the healer stop abruptly. The king’s voice held an emotion he couldn’t describe. Was it fear? It was despicable, the third king knew no fear.

He turns to face his king, aware of the rigid form of him, another lesson the healer had gather was, of course, never deny the king.

‘ Yes, but I am afraid that I shall need a hand to aid.’ He eyed the king meaningfully, and, much to the healer surprise, the king let out a chuckle.

‘ You yourself is enough, Healer Kim. I do know that.’ it made the healer nod in acknowledging. With that, he started to prepare his equipment in silence. He didn’t bother checking the king.

‘ No one should tend to her other that you. ‘ it’s a warning, Healer Kim had known that well. It was the notorious King Jeongjong after all.

And the king walked away.

Again, Healer Kim won’t question the king. He had been doing his job far too long, he had his lesson. Most of all, it was obvious, isn’t it?

The healer could sense it.

Had lived long enough to recognise the reel.

The change in the air.

 

 

===

 

 

Dark, too dark. The air was suffocating, she can’t breathe.

A traitor.

How could you!

I trusted you, Soo-yah.

She bites the urge to yell, to deny the voice,… but it is the truth, Hae Soo.

No.

Her voice comes in a soft whimper, it is the truth. She couldn’t deny it, no, she had betrayed them all, had betrayed Wang So. Hell, she had even betrayed Goryeo!

Pathetic aren’t you, Soo-yah.

It was his voice, the demon himself, still hunting her, tormenting her in the darkness. The bitter taste of it, she could almost taste her own tears.

Wake up, Hae Soo.

Fight him. Ruin him till there’s none to be destroyed.

Wake up, Soo-yah.

 

 

===

 

 

The court lady woke up with a jolt, surprising the old healer, with eyes frantically searching, - for what? One couldn’t have guessed easily. With collected swift, he laid her down slowly to the bed.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter