Chapter 3 : Rain

The Prince of Darkness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Skangjun .

The chapter is UP.

PS : Kudos for the 80 subs

 

 

 

Every heart sings a song incomplete

Until another heart whispers back

- Plato

 

 

It been weeks since Hae Soo’s dreadful encounter with the king’s arrows. Much to her relief, Goryeo were demanding of its king, leaving no room for him to torment her further. It leaves the royal court lady to reflect her own sanity, to be precise, her own decision.

Wang Yo, a beast that make Hae Soo herself questioning her own morality. To save him from himself or… to save her own self from him?

In history, there wasn’t much to be said about the third king of Goryeo. How wrong were they, because this is the king that has changed everything, the very king that has moved the heavens will. King Taejo himself wouldn’t have foreseen this.

During these periods, as she took her steps back from the king, Hae Soo has realized something, the look she had been received from Ji Mong. The slight glance when she served the king’s tea, -that was the only time she would encounter the king, his eyes were a join of curiosity and solace. The later was a wonder, and the court lady might want the answer to that.

That had drove her to confront the astronomer as of later, the forth week since the last her last talk with the king to be exactly.

‘ What was it?’ she had bless him with her presence at the tower, cornered him even, demanding to be answered.

‘ Ah, Lady Soo, what favor could I grant you?’ ever so composed, he questioned her arrival. Hae Soo denied the urge to rolls her eyes.

‘ There were things as of why am I here, right, Ji Mong? You do know.’ She emphasis the last part, she was no fool. It might be something that was mean to be told.

The said man had turns his back from her, Hae Soo had a feeling that he was mocking her.

‘ The best people, possess a feeling for a beauty…’ gladly, the astronomer turn to face the clueless court lady, who in return had a look of a fool.

‘ The courage to take risks,’ and Hae Soo might had considered why she asked Ji Mong such things. It was going nowhere.

‘ The discipline to tell the truth…’ a deep breath, a pause as the astronomer searching for her face. Hae Soo was left dumbstruck again.

‘ and… the capacity to sacrifice.’ As Ji Mong stroll down his isles of scroll, Hae Soo herself feel the need to be enlighten by the words itself.

As if he could read her mind, Ji Mong, with melancholy in his eyes squeeze the court lady shoulder.

‘ A wise women as you are wouldn’t need me to know the meaning of the words.’

That make her think as of what was her real purpose. Her real intention with Wang Yo himself, was it to avenge him or… to save him from himself. She was torn, yes, and Ji Mong remark had crawled the way to his heart.

Beauty. Risk. Truth…Sacrifice.

With that, Hae Soo had decided, at times, she won’t doubt her decision. She won’t back away this time around.

But first, she would crawl her way to him,

Into his heart.

Isn’t the best revenge was to destroy the thing that one hold so dear?

 

==

 

The king had summoned his royal court lady, for once in weeks, other than demanding for his tea.

The king is up for fun, the whole Damiwon had whispered softly. It was rather disturbing, really, when the royal court lady hasn’t been summoned for far too long.

Hae Soo, much to her own surprise, was sighing in relief. It has been far too long since her last encounter with the king. The court lady brace herself, the king would be up for a mind-blowing amusement. To say the least, Hae Soo was prepared with His Highness’ impressive vision in torturing.

He was unpredictable, she couldn’t deny.

Hae Soo had made up her mind as well. Now, it was up to the king himself to think.

Was he worth to be saved?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter