Chapter 10 : Purpose

The Prince of Darkness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

Everything which is done in the present,

affect the future by consequence,

and the past by redemption.

- Paulo Coelho

 

 

To love is to give and never intended to be given back and to love, is to allow contentment, let it not be you. He has been told as much. As he stood there, waiting for the king, he pondered. What is life, without given much chance to cherish? Not given the chance enough to be taken?

Chance, that what he had been lacking, but a fool he was not. The chances had been served for him, in a silver platter none the least. A fool, he was not indeed.

He took his chance.

A deal with the devil must be made.

‘ The king has been waiting, Your Highness.’

A deal is a deal.

 

===

 

‘ You should eat.’

Not even a glance was sent her way, it has been that way these past weeks. He was busy, yes, but disturbed altogether, it was unsettling. He would only eat if she coaxes him enough, or beg. He loves that.

Her demand has been answered with a stern ‘No’. Frustrating? Yes, indeed.

‘ Jung is here.’ Wang Yo bluntness caught her off guard. Wang Jung is back?

He took his robe from her hand, annoyed. He adored her, yes, but Hae Soo’s demanding self is suffocating at times, not that he was complaining. That has gained him a glare.

He grinned, proud that his Soo had the urge to glared at him.

The air had been changing ever since.

‘ Soo-yah?’ he met her soft gaze, smiling back at him. Three steps and Hae Soo was a mere inch from him, the smile never fades. With grace, the court lady smoother his golden robes.

‘ The walls

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter