Chapter 8

Ballet Boy


Since yesterday Seungkwan couldn't stop thinking about Vernon dancing. It was so mesmerising what he could dance like! He really didn't expect Vernon to be a ballet dancer but you learn something new everyday. Seungkwan wondered whether he should tell the boy that he danced good or not?

While Seungkwan was wondering if he should confront Vernon, Vernon was worrying that Seungkwan would tell everyone about his dancing. He is known to be a gossip.

The day after Seungkwan saw him dancing he avoided Seungkwan like the plague, everytime Seungkwan came within a distance of him he would turn around and walk the other way. He avoided him at all costs, especially when his friends were around. They couldn't discover his dancing, well not now at least.

Vernon managed to avoid Seungkwan for the whole morning, that was until lunch time when the unexpected happened. There he was laughing and joking around with Joshua, Jeonghan, Soonyoung and Seungcheol and then there was Boo Seungkwan walking towards his table, red hair looking soft and shiny, chubby cheeks looking as plump as usual. He heard one of the boys asking him a question but he was too focused on the boy to even process what the question was. "Vernon, what are you looking at?" Asked Jeonghan, he followed Vernon's sight and his eyes landed on Seungkwan who was still walking towards their table. "Why is the boy from yesterday walking towards us?" Joshua, Seungcheol and Soonyoung turned to look at Seungkwan who now had a slight blush covering his cheeks, he came to a stop at their table. "HELLLOOO SEUNGKWAN!" Shouted Soonyoung, breaking Vernon out of his trance. "Hello to you too, Soonyoung!" Seungkwan said with a bright smile. "What can our gracious table do for you?" Joshua, Vernon, Seungcheol and Jeonghan were looking at the two boys in utter confusion. How did they know eachother? "Well, I need you in particular, Soonyoung. Y'know how I'm helping Heechul from the Arts Centre with his singing classes?" Soonyoung nodded at him, "well there is a talent show and one of the children wants to dance and I was wondering if you could help me please? I'll pay you back when you need me to!" Seungkwan looked at Soonyoung with puppy dog eyes. "Pleaseeeee Soonyoungie?" Soonyoung laughed at the younger boy and then agreed to help l. "You owe me one though!" Seungkwan eagerly nodded his head before walking away.

The table say in silence. "So, um, how do you know Seungkwan?" Quietly asked Vernon. The boys looked up at him with a confused face. "Um? Y'know Seokmin? Well Seungkwan is friends with Seokmin." "Oh okay." Vernon ducked his head and finished off the last of his lunch. Another thing to worry about is what if Soonyoung finds out from Seungkwan that he does ballet dance. Vernon knew that out of his friends Soonyoung would probably be the most understanding but he still didn't want Soonyoung to know. He just had to pray that Seungkwan wouldn't tell anybody. 

The bell went signling the end of lunch and Vernon made his way to class, he thought that maybe the rest of the day would be Seungkwan-free but he was wrong. Just as he walked down the corridor he could hear someone calling his name, "VERNON!" He knew that voice, it belonged to Seungkwan. Vernon stopped, causing some people to bump into him, he slowly turned around towards Seungkwan who had a wide smile on his face. "Um, Hi?" Said Vernon. "We need to talk." Seungkwan pulled Vernon's arm and let him into an empty classroom, the younger hesitated before following the red head