Chapter 7

Ballet Boy

Seungkwan was 15 minutes late for helping Sofia practice, it's not his fault that he missed the stupid bus. He had to watch the end of his drama before leaving! Quickly he ran past the gates of the car park and towards the main doors. He swang them open with such a force that they made a deafening bang against the wall. He ran down to the music room, passing the dance studios which was again playing ballet music. He ran towards the music room doors and swung them open but inside nobody was there. Seungkwan looked around the room and noticed Sofia's blue rucksack near the piano.

"Sofia?!" Seungkwan shouted, still slightly out of breath. Nobody replied. He walked into the back room. "Sofiaaa?" She wasn't there either. Maybe she's in the dance studio, thought Seungkwan. He placed his bag near Sofia's before walking out the music room and towards the dance studio.

When he reached the dance studio doors he noticed that the door was slightly ajar. He carefully and quietly opened the door, trying not be seen just incase the person inside was an absolute stranger. He peeked around the corner of the door and was suprised with what he saw. There, dancing to ballet, in the middle of the room was Vernon, Chwe Vernon, the jock and lady lover of the school. He was dancing so gracefully, it was mesmerising. Seungkwan couldn't keep his eyes off of Vernon. The way he moved was so effortless, as if he was just floating in the air. His pirouettes were perfect just like the tiny ballet ballerina in his sister's jewellery box. 

Seungkwan was pulled out of his trance by Sofia clapping. He hadn't noticed the girl sitting in the corner of the room.

"Do you think it was good?" Questioned Vernon.

"IT WAS AMAZING!! WOOOO HANSOLLL!!" Sofia had a massive smile on her face and was waving her hands in the air. 

Seungkwan didn't know what to do. Should he leave then knock the door as if he'd never been watching or should he just cough or something? He decided on the first idea. He slowly backed away from the door trying to be as quiet as possible and that's when he missed the step between the floor and the door. Seungkwan put his arms out trying to save his fall but he still managed to fall to the floor with a bang and a "". He quickly got up dusting himself off. 

"Are you okay?" Seungkwan snapped his head up towards the direction of the voice, Vernon was standing infront of him with a concerned face. 

"Yes, um, I was just looking for Sofia." His face was beetroot red with embarrassment.

"Hello, Boo! I'm right here! Are you ready?" She skipped towards the boy and grabbed Seungkwan's hand before pulling him out of the door and towards the music room. He flashed Vernon an awkward smile before being pulled out of the room by Sofia.

He was still shocked by the fact that Vernon does ballet dancing? Out of all the types of dancing that Vernon could do he did not expect it to be ballet. Vernon didn't seem like the stereotypical ballet type of guy.

-

After practicing different warm ups and practicing the songs a couple of times Seungkwan decided that they should have a break. All that singing could really dry out your throat.

"So, Why were you watching my brother dance?" Sofia blurted out once she finished swallowing her water, which caused Seungkwan's eyes to widen comically.

"You saw me!?" Seungkwan spluttered, clearly flustered.

"No, but judging by your reaction you were." Sofia smirked.

"Wait! How did you guess that I was watching?"

"Well what else would you be doing by the door? Otherwise you would've knocked. I'm not stupid you know." 

"Okay, fair enough miss smartie pants of the year." Seungkwan stuck his tongue out to her which she did the same. They both giggled and continuing drinking then Sofia broke the silence.

"But seriously, why were you watching him?" Sofia asked, curious as to why he hid behind the door instead of just coming inside the room.

"Well, I was looking for you but then I saw Hansol dancing and I was amazed! He is brilliant at dancing! He danced so fluently. It was beautiful." Seungkwan said as he looked towards the doors of the music room.

"He has that effect on lots of people when he dances. Although, he doesn't dance infront of many people. I think he should apply for the talent show but he doesn't want anyone to know about his ballet because apparently it's 'weak' for boys to do ballet." She rolled her eyes and sighed, "It's ridiculous when he is so talented." Seungkwan nodded in agreement. "Yup I get what you mean. Lets continue shall we?"