Chapter 2

Ballet Boy

It was Tuesday and Vernon was in the dance studio. He'd had a pretty hard day and he just wanted to dance out all of his stress and problems, he wanted to forget the outside world. He looked around to make sure nobody was watching before he swang open the dance studio doors. Nobody else was in the room other than the the head of the dance department, Yerin. Yerin was lovely, she taught ballet classes and often taught Vernon although he never took official lessons.

"Hard day, Hansol?" Asked Yerin.

Only his family and Yerin called him Hansol but most people called him Vernon.

"Yes," Vernon said with a sigh, '"I had a Maths test today and it wasn't particulary good and I also got caught in the rain walking to school so I was drenched all day."

"Ahhh. Well dance away all your troubles! You can stay as long as you want!" Yerin smiled at him.

"Ah Thankyou. You seriously are the best!" Vernon smiled a large smile back at her.

Vernon danced and danced and danced. Letting the movements and music drown his thoughts, dissolving him into a world of peace. He took breaks every now and again when his pointe shoes would hurt his feet a d soon it was time to leave. His sister Sofia had singing lessons with Heechul today so he had to go pick her up so they could catch the bus together. Vernon thought that his sister had an amazing voice and in his opinion when she got older she could definitely become an idol!

He walked to the end of the corridor towards the music rooms. He poked his head around the door to see Sofia sitting on the piano stool waiting patiently. Her eyes lit up when she saw Vernon.

"Hey, Sof ready to go?" Vernon asked, smiling gentley at his siter.

"Yup!" She replied, getting up from the piano stool, grabbing her bag shouting out "BYE BOO! MY BROTHER IS HERE!!" Before she left.

A voice replied "GOODBYE SOFIA!!"

The two walked out of the doors and headed out of the Art Centre.

"Who is Boo?" Questioned Vernon.

"Oh! Seungkwan is the student who is filling in for Miss. Liu because she has had her baby," Sophia replied with a smile, "Seungkwan goes to your school! He's your age! Do you know him?!"

"Nope, I've never heard of him? Tell me more about this Seungkwan?" Vernon said with a smile as they waited by the bus stop for the local bus. Vernon knew who Seungkwan was. Of course he did! Everyone knew who Seungkwan was and Vernon may or may not have a small crush on the boy with cherry red hair but he wanted to hear more about the boy so he lied.

"Well he has red hair and really chubby cute cheeks that you could squish," Sofia said making squishing hand gestures with her hands, "he has an amazing voice and he is funny! I really like him!"

"Ah well if you like him I like him too!" Vernon replied, laughing at how smiley and happy his sister was. Boo Seungkwan was all the things that his sister said and Vernon completely agrees with everything she said.

That night Vernon couldn't keep Seungkwan out of his mind. The cherry red hair, the chubby cheeks, his voice, just Seungkwan but the he started to worry about what if Seungkwan found out Vernon did ballet. Surely he would make some kind of gossip out of it. Seungkwan often gossiped about things. Vernon didn't want his secret to get out. He wasn't ready for his life to be ruined yet.