Chapter 1: Prologue

Ballet Boy

Vernon was ultimately a 'jock'. He bothered with 5 of the most popular boys in school, Seungcheol, Jeonghan, Joshua, Wonwoo and Mingyu. The girls would fawn over them, batting their eyelashes everytime one of the boys talked to them however, unfortunately for them, Vernon was gay, of course they didn't know that so he had to suffer with the teenage girls batting their eyelashes, trying to get his attention and of course it never worked.

Every Tuesday and Wednesday after school Vernon would sneak away to ballet practice in the local Arts Centre. Nobody ever seemed to notice that he went missing for an hour or sometimes more on those two days. Vernon loved ballet. He loved the music, he loved the way that ballet allows him to move his body fluidly and he loved how it would help him clear his mind from stress but he still kept it a secret in fear that he would be bullied. The Vernon his friends knew was fake, in school his personality was lie. In real life he didn't flirt with the girls, he wasn't a 'badass', he liked boys and is a cute fluffy puppy but nobody in school needed to know that.

 

Boo Seungkwan was also quite popular, there wasn't one person in the school who didn't know who he was because who wouldn't know Boo Seungkwan? The boy with bright cherry red hair who always sang trot songs every morning in form class. Seungkwan just brushed off the glares he got from classmates who were clearly bothered by Seungkwan's singing. Fortunately Seungkwan had great friends who put up with all his annoying nonsense without complaining much with the exception of Woozi who pretty much hated him but also loved him. Woozi often complained that Seungkwan was too loud and annoying.

On Tuesday's Seungkwan's parents would work late meaning he could do whatever he wanted so he often visited the Art Centre to sing. Seungkwan loved to sing. He loved the way that he could get immersed into a song and forget the world around him, freeing himself from the stresses of real life. Heechul who was the head of the music department who would often play piano for Seungkwan to sing. Heechul was a lovely man who would let Seungkwan stay in the music department until the younger students would come for singing lessons.