Chapter Two

I've missed you... too

After leaving work I arrive at the preschool, I walk in and see the teacher. “Woah, you're early today Hyesung-ssi!” He smiles.

“Sorry, I forgot to warn you in advance. I got off work early for doing a good job!” I smile and then look through the crowd of children for my long haired(tied in pigtails) daughter. “Minah, Omma's here!” I shout to her as she looks up.

“Omma! You're here early!” She smiles running straight into my arms. Then she grabs my hand and holds it her face. “Omma, you're wearing a new ring! Why?”

I look to the ring on my finger and remove it. “Sorry Omma wears this one to work, I forgot to take it off today.”

“Minah's Omma, there's some paperwork to sign...” the teacher says. He looks to Minah and smiles. “Minah, can I borrow your Omma for a while, the kids are waiting for you to play then you can go home early.”

Minah nods and kisses my cheek. “I love you.” She whispers to me.

I can't help but love this child endlessly. “I love you too.”

The teacher ushers me into his office and offers me a sit. “Please, would you like any tea or coffee? There's a bit of paperwork since you're taking Minah out of preschool for a week. It might take some time.”

I nod. “That would be lovely. But I'll do it!” I say standing back up and helping make the tea, as I go to grab the sugar pot our hands brush against each other.

“Hyesung-ssi, I've been meaning to ask you this for a while now. But are you married? I know it's none of my business, it's just Minah never mentions a father and I've noticed you often remove the ring on your wedding finger before coming in?” He asks.

I hold back my emotions and calmly state. “No, I'm not married. I hate Minah out of wed-lock and her father isn't on the scene.”

“Oh.” He nods. “That's such a shame. I'm sorry for prying into your personal life, you didn't have to tell me any of this.”

I smile. “It's okay, I don't really hide it here. At my job though I do not wish to be looked down on for being a single mother, so I wear the ring.” He nods. “What is your name?” I ask, knowing this man for so long and never actually knowing his name.

“Lee Jong Suk.” He answers. “Has Minah never told you?”

I shake my head. “I suppose like Minah never talks of an absent father though I'm sure turning 5 next week she understands it all, she never really talks about you either.”

“That makes me upset. I'll make sure she tells you everything about me.” He smiles. “Or, I could do that myself.” I look at him inquisitvely and then he sits at his desk. “Come let's sign all the relevant paperwork so you can start this week with her. She's looking forward to it.”

I nod.

 

“Minah, how was school today?” I ask my beautiful daughter. She smiles but doesn't answer. I frown to her and then ask “Why don't you tell me anything about school... I want to know everything you do! Every little detail!” I nuzzle into her neck playfully and she starts to giggle.

“Omma, are you sad that I don't tell you about school? I'll tell you from now on. I only didn't tell you because I don't want you to be upset that I have lots of fun without you.” She tells me while still recovering from the gigglefit.

“Of course I want to know, I would only be happier that you're enjoying yourself. You're my baby.” I state.

She shakes her head. “No Omma, I'm not a baby anymore. I'm going to be 5 years old in 3 days, you need to treat me like a big girl now. Not a baby.”

I pout to her. “Yeah I guess I do.” I sigh and then think of something I know will pull back her baby side. “Does that mean no more ice cream mountains on your birthday?”

She gasps like a comedienne. “Of course not!” She shakes her head. “Ice cream mountains are for everyone, even really old people like grandfather!”

I laugh at her insane cuteness and hold her hand. “Okay... okay.”

 

After arriving home, I remember the tip envelope. I tell Minah to head inside because I need to make an important phone call to the birthday bunny and she's not allowed to hear otherwise the bunny wont come here. I open it up and see $500. My mouth gaps open and I hate him even more for flashing money around like this. But there's a note.

 

Hyesung-ah,

I know you won't accept this, but take it for your daughter. Please put it towards future tuition. I won't bother you again, I wanted to make another go at it with you and heard from a friend they saw you working here. It took me a year to even muster up the courage to come. I'm happy for you having a family. I'm jealous and angry at myself because it should be me married to you, having a child with you and making a home with you. But my stupid pride and career was more important to me then, it's not now. I came to realise that dreams are meant to be achieved together. But... I missed that chance with you. Thank you for not changing too much. I'm sorry I hurt you back then.

Chanyeol oppa. <3

 

There's a tear that escaped my eye. How dare he? How dare he make me cry! He has no right. I'm angry at myself too! I lied to him... I lied because I'm scared. I don't want to run back to him... what if he decides the next time that he didn't want me again but this time it would be leaving Minah as well. My hands ball into fists and I screw up the letter he wrote. I look down to my hand and see 'Chanyeol oppa' he writes the same, he draws hearts the same. He's still the man I fell in love with when I was 14. He's still Chanyeol oppa, the funny, witty and remarkable man that I pursued for most of my teens. I can't do this, not now. I must focus on Minah's birthday. Once that's over I'm taking this money back to him, then I will never see or think of him again. 

 

<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

 

There's Lee Jongsuk's introduction, honestly... I like to mix it up a bit and add actors that I'm totally into at the moment. It was almost Ji Chang Wook but there is so many Chang Wook fictions I have written that I might put up, and 'W' was an amazing drama this year, I watched it for Han Hyo Joo my fav actress and finished it for Lee Jong Suk whom I ususally dont like... but now am an avid fan! 

Thanks for reading 

128ve980'x