Chapter Ten

I've missed you... too

 

Minah is excited for her special meal, I've collected her from school and waved goodbye to Jongsuk. Minah waves too but doesn't realise she'll not be returning here tomorrow. “Omma, what are we gonna eat tonight? Rice? Pasta?

I bend down to her and say. “Minah tonight you're going to meet Omma's friend from when I was in school. Can you be on your best behaviour for me?

She nods. “Mmm.

Good, then Omma's friend will treat you to whatever you want to eat tonight.” I smile.

She beams at me and asks. “Really?

I nod and we head down the road where Chanyeol is waiting at a little playground. As we approach he's obviously nervous. It would be cute if I didn't hate him so much. “Minah, this-

I'm Park Chanyeol. I'm-

Omma's friend from school!” Minah smiles and then looks to me with a grin.

I nod to her and then look at him.

That's right.” He says and nods. “We... we were very good friends.

Minah smiles to him and then tugs my arm. “Omma, can I play on the slide?” I nod to her and she skips off.

Chanyeol seems hostile. “Well, I thought I would at least be able to introduce myself.

She's a nosy one. Takes after her father.” I state without looking at him.

Have you thought anymore about marrying me?” He asks suddenly.

I still don't look at him. “I have.

And?

I look at Minah and wonder if that would maybe be for the best. “I won't.

He kicks the ground in front of him and let's out a huge sigh. “Wow... really?!

Please, continue. Your first day with your daughter and your acting up like a child. She'll love you.” I say now finally looking at him, he's visibly angry. “You know if you acted a little more mature I probably would marry you.

He grits his teeth to me and then looks to Minah. She sees us and waves. Chanyeol waves back and I see a small smile appearing on his face. “How about I show you how mature I can be?

I shake my head. “We're taking this slow, right?

He nods. “So, you're saying there's a chance for us?

No, I'm not.” I state. “There will never be a chance for us, so if that's why you're here, leave.

He sighs. “I'm here for Minah. But I do still love you.

Omma! Can you push me on the swing?” Minah calls to me. I nod and walk towards her.

How about Chanyeol Samcheon does it? I can push really well.” Chanyeol says running towards her. She nods and they start playing together, they look like a typical father and daughter, onlookers would say so. I feel a pain in my chest and think of Jongsuk, he also looked like a father to Minah.

It's okay, tomorrow I'll be free from all of this.” I mutter and then join them in playing.

 

Minah decides she wants to eat in a 'secret special' place, she leads us there and as we arrive I realise it's Jongsuk's families place. Chanyeol seems very cautious of his surroundings hiding his face a lot and wearing a baseball cap. He's pretty popular right now, I kept reading articles about how the most loved member in the group has shifted from Kai to Chanyeol after Chanyeol starred in a Chinese movie last year and the drama appearances... he's also started writing music and singing, instead of the deep voice rapping he was famous for. No one has spotted him yet.

This is my favourite place to eat!” Minah says with a big smile.

Chanyeol nods taking his cap off once we get into the booth where we frequent. “It's nice here, simple quiet.

The food here is starting to get pretty popular though, I'm surprised it's so quiet.” I say looking around, really I'm looking for Jongsuk, but thankfully he doesn't seem to be here.

“Oh, Hyesung-ssi! Jongsuk isn't here today, he said there's some extra stuff to do at the school today, what a shame. He loves to see our pretty Minah!” Jongsuk's mother says patting Minah's head.

Chanyeol looks to me and asks. “Jongsuk?

He's going to be my Appa.” Minah says with a smile.

My eyes widen. “Minah, don't say things like that.

“Oh, Hyesung-ssi! I knew it, Jongsuk always spoke of you so fondly... I knew you two were something.” Jongsuk's mother starts clapping. “I'm so happy, Minah will be part of the family.”

Minah giggles and I look to Chanyeol who looks like he's about to lose his . “No, that isn't it.” I say quickly. “Jongsuk and I are just good friends, he's really helped me but we're not.

Chanyeol then looks to me with a softened expression. I hate that, I feel like I've just defended myself for his sake. “So, Minah would you like your usual?”

Minah nods and Jongsuk's mother leaves after taking our food order.

So Minah, do you like Chanyeol Samcheon?” Chanyeol asks Minah with a small smile.

Minah nods sipping her water.

Would you like to see me more often?

She nods again. “You are really good at pushing a swing. I thought I was going to fly to the moon!

He laughs and then gets a serious expression. “Minah, that's good because I'm gonna be around a lot now.

I look away from him, staring at the door.

Cool, will you see me everyday?

Chanyeol smiles and answers. “I hope so.” He sighs and then says. “Actually I would love that, but your Omma doesn't want that.

I shoot him a glare. “What?” I ask.

Omma, why not?” Minah ejects.

Omma doesn't want to see me everyday... she told me no when I asked to marry her too.” He says pouting to her.

Omma, you're going to marry Chanyeol Samcheon!” Minah asks.

I shake my head. “No, i'm not.

So you're gonna marry teacher-nim?

No she's not.” Chanyeol answers her.

I finally lose my temper and put my hands up. “No more talking, food is being served.

The food is laid out on the table and Minah starts digging in, I stare at Chanyeol then look to the door as I hint for him to follow me out.

I'm outside for no more than 30 seconds before Chanyeol joins me. “Sup?

...Sup?...SUP!” I shout at him. “You will not get your way by doing this!

He sighs. “Look it was a joke, I didn't realise Minah would say about the teacher or whatever, who by the way... is he the guy you mentioned before? Must not be going well since his family doesn't know about it.

I look away from him and say. “Sometimes things don't work out.

Nice to know Minah watches your failed relationships too, is there anything you filter her seeing?” He retorts.

I point at him and say. “Minah didn't know of us until I collapsed because of you...because he was there for us, he took care of her.

He grabs my finger and pulls me towards him. “Look at us. It's still as passionate as before.

I make a disgusted face to him and he slithers an arm around my waist.

Look, Hyesung-ah... I want you. Me, one of the biggest celebrities in Asia wants you. I want you and Minah, I want to live as a family and I want to make up for everything I did to you to get this far. I even bought a house for us.” He says edging closer to my face.

What are you doing?” I ask as I feel his breath on my nose.

I smiles and says. “I'm going to kiss you.

Don't you dare.

He chuckles and states. “The biggest risk in life...

...is taking no risk at all.” I finish.

 

His lips take mine, I hate myself.

 

<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

Thank you for reading <3

128ve980'x