Chapter Five

I've missed you... too

“How old is that child?”

 

I stop and look to Minah.

“I'm 5!” Minah says with a big grin. “How old are you mister?”

"Five... Five." He looks to me and then turns around. “I'll contact you.” With that he's gone.

“Omma, did you know that strange mister?” Minah says tugging my hand.

I can't answer her. Physically I can't do it.

“Hyesung-ssi! Minah!” Someone shouts from the opposite direction. We turn to see Jongsuk running towards us. “Shall teacher-nim treat you to some yummy food?”

Minah nods. “Yes please!”

I can't speak still. Chanyeol knows. He knows about Minah... When I told him she looks like her father, it's no joke. She doesn't resemble me at all... she's all Chanyeol. He knows that's his daughter. He... knows.

 

We're at Jongsuk's families restaurant. Jongsuk has left us at a table to order some food when I finally say something. “Minah, remember where grandfather lives out in the countryside?”

She nods.

“Shall we go for a holiday there for a while?” I ask with a faked smile.

She pouts. “Omma, I'm starting big girl school when the cherry blossoms bloom.”

I nod. “Yeah, there's loads of time until then.”

“What about teacher-nim?” She asks.

“What about me?” Jongsuk asks joining us back at the table. “What's wrong?”

I look away and before I can answer Minah already tells him. “Omma said she wants to go to grandfathers house in the countryside.”

He looks to me and questions. “Why? What's wrong?”

I can't answer again.

“Hyesung-ssi, is this because of me?” He looks down to the table and adds. “Because if you're not interested I'll stop, just don't uplift Minah.”

I shake my head. “It's not that.”

“Please tell me, I'll help. What ever I can do.” He pleads.

I look between Minah and Jongsuk... I think what life would have been like if Chanyeol hadn't come looking for me. Could I be starting something beautiful with Jongsuk? I don't answer him now and instead we sit and eat in silence.

 

Jongsuk walks us home again, after arrival he grabs my hand and gestures he wants to talk alone. I nod and put Minah to bed.

“Tell me what's wrong...” He queries.

I frown. “It's... Minah's father.”

“I thought he wasn't on the scene.” He asks.

I nod. “He wasn't... he tried contacting me a couple weeks ago when I early to pick Minah up. He came to my work and asks to reconcile with me. But he doesn't know about Minah.”

Jongsuk nods. “I see.”

“And... I lied to him. I told him I was married and had a child with them. I told him I was happy now and that I had put together the broken heart he left me with, with another man. I did all this to spite him.” I can feel tears starting to form in my eyes. “I'm a bad person. I'm so scared he'll leave again like before. I can't have him do this to Minah.”

Jongsuk puts his arm around me and pulls me to his chest. “It's fine, cry.”

I look up to him, but I can't hold it in any longer.

“You can cry all you want to me. Show me your weakest side and I'll be your shoulder, I'll be someone you can lean on.” He says and uses his other hand to pat my head. “I'll be your rock.”

My hands ball into fists on his chest and I sob like a baby. “I can't let him have her like this, he seen her, he knows. I won't have him have her. He said he'll contact me? What if he hires an expensive lawyer and takes her from me?”

“I'll hire one more expensive and take her right back.” He says to me. "I would never let anyone take Minah from you, I would fight till my death to keep you two together."

I pull back from him and ask him. “Why? Why would you do that for me?”

He smiles and then leans closer to me. I flinch back and he stops. “Sorry. I shouldn't have done that.” He leans back again and I feel twisting feelings in the pit of my stomach. “I'm sorry.”

I wipe my tears and realise how comfortable I was in his embrace. I know I'm attracted to him, but this isn't the right time with Chanyeol showing up. I let out a sigh and say. “No, I'm sorry, I feel like I'm abusing your kindness. Please leave.”

He sits up straight and says. “No you're not.” He holds my hand and says. “I want you, I'll wait for you. Because I want you and Minah, I'll wait until you are ready to accept me.”

I hold his hand back and nod. “I... I want you.” I stutter.

His lips curve into a smile and he kisses me. 

 

<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

 

Thank you for reading <3

128ve980'x