Chapter Seven

I've missed you... too

He stops talking for a moment and then asks. “Did you really get married?”

I shake my head. “No. but there is someone.” I think of Jongsuk and how he's probably being painted by Minah now.

“So you've met someone else and they're currently the father to my child?” He starts getting angry. “There is no way I'm letting him have her! How can he? It's not fair I'm her real father and I haven't had the chance to have 5 minutes with her!” He picks up his coffee cup and throws it into a wall making me flinch. He stands up and looks at me with demon eyes. “When I come back from my trip aboard, you'll have an answer for me.”

“What?” I ask scared of his sudden behaviour.

“Either marry me, or stay with him. But if you stay with him, I'll take Minah away from you.”

He leaves. I'm left looking into the space he was sat shocked. “He's gonna take Minah away from me?” I utter and then look at the woman cleaning behind the food trays. She oblivious about what just happened... she's not even bothered about the coffee cup broken on the floor. I get up and run after Chanyeol. I don't care if I start a scene, he's not taking my daughter away from me, he's not gonna win. “Park Chanyeol!” I shout running out the front of the building catching him just in time.

He looks around and then grabs my wrist pulling me into the car before people can take photos. “Yah! Do you want people to think there's some sort of scandal here? Please don't ruin my career before I do!”

I let out a breath from the running and say. “You won't have Minah.”

“It won't work if we don't marry.” The car starts to move and I begin to shift in place.

“Excuse me don't leave I need to get back to work.” I say to the driver who's ignoring me.

Chanyeol grabs my shoulder. “I'll contact your work and tell them I've stolen you for a good reason and tip them.”

“You can't win this with money, what's wrong with you? What happened when we were together in school? You were so humble and kind... now all you do is throw your money around! If you'd never gave me that stupid money I would have never come to find you and you would have never found out about Minah!” I shout at him spitefully.

“Yeah, cause that's how you'd like it! Me not knowing about my own daughter!” He shouts back. The argument gets heated as he continues. “I didn't want to leave you do you think I did. I wanted to marry you and have children and raise them together. I worked hard to debut under SM you know this, you were with me for my training days!”

I scream back at him. “Then why did you leave?”

He stares at me.

“If you didn't want to, why did you? No one can force you to do anything! I can't believe you're trying to make excuses... well actually your not, there's no excuse here. You're just saying you didn't want to but have no reason behind it! I hate you! I hate what you did to me and I hate that you didn't even have a reason. Just because. Just because your company didn't want you dating. Find a way if you loved me, really loved me you would have found some sort of way to make things work. Then you would have known about Minah been in her life and been her father!” I stop to take a breath and stop the tears from falling from my eyes, he can't have the satisfaction of my tears. “I hate just looking at you now.”

He looks out the window. “Well, there's nothing I can do about that. But I do have rights to Minah, I'll get a DNA test done to prove I'm her father then I'll fight you to see her if I have to, you can't expect me to pretend like I never saw her...” He looks back to me. “I saw her, she has my eyes... and nose.” He smiles. “She looks just like me.”

“Drop me off, I need to get out of this car.” I say. The driver pulls over and I get out breathing the fresh air thinking I'm going to pass out. I shut the door and the car shunts forward only to stop a few feet ahead Chanyeol gets out.

“Are you okay?” He asks worried.

I can't breath. “Get. Away.” I manage to say to him, but I start wheezing and the floor is spinning I look up there's 10 Chanyeols... as if one isn't enough. “I can't.. breath.” I say before darkness comes.

 

 

I wake up, I can see steam and an IV drip. I'm in hospital, it's been a while since i've been to one of these. I look out to see if anyone's there but I'm alone. I try to sit up and my head spins, probably best to stay down. I see my phone by the side of my bed and reach for it. I dial my newest contact, Jongsuk.

“Hello... Hyesung-ah? Are you awake?” He asks.

I breath out and realise there's no noise. I try once more. “Yeah...” I manage to creek.

“I'll come in, I'm outside with Minah.”

The door slides open and Minah comes jumping in. “Omma, I was scared you were going to die.” She says hugging me and taking even more of my breath away.

“Minah, you'll need to be careful of Omma. She's out of breath right now.” Jongsuk says picking her up and holding her close to him. “Are you feeling okay?” I nod. “I'll get the doctor to come in and see you now you're awake.”

He puts Minah at my feet and she snuggles around my legs much like a lost puppy. “Omma, I was worried about you.”

I smile a little to reassure her I'm okay.

“Hello Kim Hyesung-ssi. Are you feeling okay?” The doctor asks entering the room. “Any respiration issues?”

I nod and touch my throat. Signalling it's hard to breath.

He nods. “Okay, you fainted due to stress and shock... do you remember what happened before you starting feeling unwell.”

I nod. But my voice won't let me speak.

“It's okay, you don't have to tell me. As long as your memory is there, you sustained a small bump to the head when you went down, so I'm just checking. A very nice man brought you here from the street. Apparently he's some sort of celebrity, had all the junior nurses in a frenzy...” He says with a smile. “But we'll run some more tests and make sure your rehydrated you'll be released tomorrow if all's well.”

I nod to him and bow slightly.

He waves and then waves to Minah who waves back.

“Thank the lord you're okay...” Jongsuk says sitting by my bedside holding my hand. “I was so worried.” He leans his head on my wrist and I feel the dampness of tears rolling down my wrist. “Thank you.”

“Jongsuk...” I just about say. “Take. Minah. Home.”

He sits up. “What? Can't we stay.”

I shake my head. “Sleep. At... My”

“Okay” he says then stands up grabbing Minah. “Don't speak, it sounds painful.”

 

After they're gone I close my eyes and try to sleep. Because I feel so drained. I hear the door slide open. “Hyesung-ah, I'm sorry.”

 

<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

 

Thank you for reading! <3

128ve980'x