Chapter Six

I've missed you... too

 

The next morning I wake up in bed, I don't remember much of last night... but I remember Jongsuk's kiss. It's the first time someone had kissed me since Chanyeol. The first time I'd let someone in since having Minah. His kiss was soft, plump and so good. Just thinking about it again made my knees weak. I get up from bed and look into Minah's room, she's not there. I panic. Where could she be?

“Minah!” “Minah!” I shout constantly until I notice a note on the kitchen side next to some food.

 

Hyesung-ssi,

Don't panic I've taken Minah to preschool with me to open up. I stayed on the sofa last night as I didn't want to leave you alone. I'm sorry. Last night I shouldn't have done that. I shouldn't have taken a shot when you were so vulnerable. I apologise. Please don't think too much into it, get ready and go to work. I won't try anything else until we sort this situation with Minah's father. I will help you every step of the way so, if you need me to have Minah any extra just ask. Even out of school hours.

Jongsuk.

 

I frown as I realise I probably made things worse last night. If Chanyeol does try to take her away from me and Jongsuk is revealed to have stayed here and worse we'd have done something it would stand in Chanyeol's favour. “What do I do now?”

 

I'm arriving at work when a college notices I have no ring on. “Oh, Hyesung-ssi you're not wearing your ring? Don't tell me you had an argument with your husband!”

I shake my head. “Of course not, I was washing up last night and took it off. I must have forgot to put it back on.”

“Oh. That's good then, he was so handsome! How did you meet?” She asks. With that another employee joins in the conversation just to be nosey as to how we met as well.

I have to lie again. “I met him when I moved to Seoul... his family is friends with mine. Though I'd never met him until I came here.”

They nod and one asks. “But I thought you moved to Seoul after having Minah?”

“No, I moved in properly when I moved in with Jongsuk.” I nod. “Before I was only staying here and there to try and work.”

They all smile. “Wow, how romantic he was your rock here in Seoul then?”

I nod. “He still is my rock.”

They both giggle and hit each other. “It's so nice to hear you talk like this, because you never really spoke of a husband we all feared that maybe he was abusive, but now we know you just like your privacy.”

I nod. Yeah that's what it is...

“Hyesung-ssi there's a VIP who requested you especially, arrival 10 minutes.” My manager says coming into the staff canteen. “Be prepared he says he's going aboard for 6 months and needs a whole new wardrobe and style.”

“Wah, someone requesting you personally! What luck! Hopefully they're a big tipper!” One of the girls say.

I nod, yeah hopefully it's not Chanyeol.

 

I'm at the reception, waiting for my VIP to arrive and I notice a little boy crying just down towards the start of the perfume section. I approach him carefully and see he's looking anxious and scared. “Hello, have you lost your Omma and Appa?”

He nods.

“Okay if you come with me I'll find them for you.” I take his hand and he follows me to the reception area. “Can we make a call out to all stores we have a lost child here.”

The call behind reception nods and starts dialling.

“What's your name?”

He just pants and tries to stop crying for a moment before answering. “Hyesungie”

My eyes widen. “Hyesung-ie?”

He nods.

“That's my name too! My family name is Kim, what's yours?”

He pouts and I can tell he really is thinking about it. “Yoo.”

I tell the girl on the phone and soon communication has spread to all stores that a little boy called Yoo Hyesung was lost and kept at reception. I took him to the lost childs room where we kept loads of toys for them to play with, when I was swapped out so I could tend to my VIP who'd apparently already arrived.

 

“You're great with kids.” Chanyeol says as I approach him.

I sigh. “Why are you here?”

“I told you I'd contact you, but I dont have your number or anything so I suppose this is the only answer.” He says simply. “Unless you wanted me to go back to the preschool our child attends.”

I look around and thankfully we're all but alone. “Let's talk in private.” I say to him.

“Oh now you want to talk in private. Now you know you're in the wrong and have to talk to me and sort what we had out.” He scoffs to me.

I look to him disgusted. “We will never sort what we had out. But we do have to sort out this with Minah. You're not having her.” I say on a impulse.

He laughs at me. “Do you even remember anything about me? Why would I take away a child that you have raised alone for 5 years? That would hardly be fair on Minah.”

“Dont say her name so casually.”

He shrugs. “What do you want me to do? That's my daughter.”

I look to him straight and say. “She's my daughter. You're just the donor.”

“That's because you never told me! You never gave me chance!” with his voice rising I notice customers starting to stare at us.

“Let's talk elsewhere.” I take him to the canteen on the 12th floor it's a customer canteen but no one eats there anymore because of the better restaurants we have on lower floors.

“So, let's talk.” He says sitting across from me. “When is her birthday?”

I look to him, that's the first thing he wants to know. “January 4th.”

“You knew you were pregnant when I told you I was leaving?” He asks.

I shake my head. “I fell ill from not eating a week after you'd gone. It was then when I was admitted into hospital I found out.”

He nods. “You didn't tell me because?”

I look around and say. “I didn't want to see you ever again. I was going to abort her.”

“But you couldn't bring yourself to do that, because you couldn't kill our child that easily. I know you.”

I feel myself tearing up just thinking about that horrible day stood outside the clinic in Seoul. My mother forcing me to go in and my father begging me not too. I always took after my father the only trait Minah gets from me, since she takes after Chanyeol so much. “No, I couldn't you're right.” I think about it for a while. My mother screaming at me, saying I was such a disappointment having a child out of wedlock. My father telling me he was going to kill Chanyeol for deserting me like this. “That's the reason my parents divorced, my mother so stern in her ways and my father with such a big heart. Both telling me to do different things. They couldn't live with each other after that day, the only thing they agreed on was neither of them telling you.”

“I want to be a father to Minah.” He says. “But I don't want to start now.”

I look to him shocked. “What?”

“Did you not get the VIP message? I'm heading aboard for 6 months for work. I can't possibly start in her life now then disappear for 6 months. It wouldn't be fair on Minah.” He sighs. “But I want to meet her now and make up for everything I've missed. I'll tell the company about her once I'm back.”

I nod to him. “I suppose they'll have to know.”

He nods. “Then we'll get married and release the photos claiming we've been married all along but hid it for my carrier that's the only way this is gonna work. I'll make sure we're a family.”

“What?” I ask. “What are you talking about? I wont marry you?”

“Why the hell not? You want to be outed as some teenager who had my child and then didn't tell me about it?”

I shake my head. “Then don't tell people. Don't tell your company.”

“No, this is the only way it'll work.”

 

“I've met someone else.” 

 

<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

Thank you for reading <3

128ve980'x