Chapter One

I've missed you... too

“Welcome to Seoul Central Department Store.”

 

“Welcome to Seoul Central Department Store.”

 

Thousands of customers later, I'm heading on break. Working in the department store has it's perks, every so often celebrities come in and shop. If you've been a hard worker you can accompany them around the store as a personal shopper, this month I've had 12 excellent feedbacks from standard shoppers, which means the next celebrity in will be mine to . Not only are they famous, but you get BIG tips if you do well... That's the real reason we all fight for them. Kind of a celeb bonus.

 

“Hyesung-ssi, I know you've just started your break but there's a VIP arrival in 10 minutes, since your feeback rate is amazing this month, why don't you take it?” My manager asks entering the room and then leaving before there's a chance to respond. I quickly sort out myself and head back to the reception desk. I compose myself and prepare for some major up. I breath out and the doors open to a huge gasp. I look up from my shoes which are sparkling clean and my eyes widen as I see the celebrity stood in the doorway.

“Park Chanyeol...” I say outloud.

My manager pushes me forward, I put my head down and panic internally. “Good afternoon, Chanyeol-ssi and welcome to Seoul Central Department Store today. We have our best rated assistant for you today. Please let me know if there's anything else you require.” I can't look up. “This is Kim Hyesung.”

I bow lower down and introduce myself. “Welcome to Seoul Central Department Store, I'm Kim Hyesung.” I divert my eyes up to meet his and his small smile says it all.

“Thank you for your help.” He answers and then gestures for my manager to leave. “I'll be shopping alone today.” He says to his 3 members of staff with him. They look between themselves and then nod moving towards the cafe.

“Call us when you're ready to go.” His driver says.

Chanyeol nods and then looks back to me. I'm still bowing low, and trying to avoid eye contact. “Let's go, I'd like to look at sports wear first.” He begins to walk off so I straighten up and follow behind him.

 

We make our way to the fourth floor where sportswear and sports equipment is sold.

“Is there a particular brand you prefer for your sportswear? Mr Park.” I ask trying to act as normal as possible.

He nods. “Call me Chanyeol, don't be awkward. That'll make the atmosphere around us look black.”

I nod back to him.

“How long has it been Hyesung-ah? 4 years? 5?.” He asks looking at me the same way he used to before. “I've missed you.”

My eyes widen, we're in the middle of the store and people are looking at us. What if they hear this? I could lose my job. “Mr Park, please do not speak too loud, this is my place of work.” I ask discreetly.

“You haven't missed me?” He says quieter. “Let's go get some food and talk, we need to talk.”

I shake my head slowly. “No, Mr Park I will help with your shopping today but after that I will return to my post.”

“So you didn't miss me.” His words seem hurt, but I can't react to him right now. Of course I missed him, I loved him. He broke my heart, I pined for him for so long. “I missed you so much... I didn't have the confidence you tell you this, but I've been without you for so long I can't...”

“I'm married.” I state clearly. I hold up my hand to indicate my wedding ring. “I apologise if there's been any misunderstanding today, and I can get another assistant to help you with your shopping.” I bow.

He grabs my wrist and looks at my ring. “When?”

I look around and see people are staring. “Please do not just grab me, this is my job.” I say sterner and drop the formalities. “It's been a while. I met him after you left me and broke my heart into pieces. He put it back together and picked me up. I married him because he's my rock and our child is everything to me.”

“You have a child too?” He asks releasing me and looking regretful.

I nod. “She's the best of my life, she's beautiful and looks like her father.” I sigh... “I'd forgotten all about you, so please don't feel bad for hurting me all those years ago.”

He pulls his phone out of his pocket and dials a number. “I'll be leaving now, I'll meet you in the car.” He hangs up and puts his phone back in his pocket. “I'll tip you on the way out.”

“No there's no need, I didn't help you at all.” I pick up the formalities again and bow to him. “Thank you for shopping at Seoul Central Department Store.”

He walks away and I feel a pang in my heart. The gap is still there from him. I look to my wedding ring, I couldn't just wait for him when he left, he wasn't coming back... he told me he wasn't coming back. I let out a sigh and head back to reception.

 

“Well done today Hyesung, it's calmed down and your VIP left brilliant feedback. So you may leave early.” My manager says as I return.

My eyes widen. “Really? Thank you.”

“Your tip too...” He pulls out an envelope. “He said you were very helpful and ordered clothes at the desk for home delivery, I'll see you tomorrow.”

I shake my head. “Actually I've booked some time off for my daughters birthday this week.”

He nods remembering. “Ah yes, well enjoy your little ones birthday, how old is she going to be?”

I smile and respond. “She'll be 5.”

 

<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

 

Thank you for reading<3<3<3

128ve980'x