Seventh

Demigods
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 Kris, for some unknown reason, decided first light was when they were going to find their friend. All the other boys, with the exception of Tao, had grumbled in their sleep and tried hitting Kris when he went to wake them up. Chloe and Tao were the only ones willing to go with him. She was slowly beginning to regret the decision as she tried to hold back a loud yawn.

 

Kris had met her in the kitchen that morning, with some shrimp in his hands. Tao appeared shortly after with a long brown coat. From there, they took her out the back door to walk toward the ocean. Kris had mentioned something about finding his friend in the water, but Chloe was honestly a bit too tired to ask why in the ocean, what the shrimp was needed for, or why they brought a coat in June. Instead, she followed them quietly and without complaint up to the water’s edge.

 

Kris crouched down by the edge of the water and dropped the shrimp he was holding into the ocean.

 

"Here, fishy, fishy," he muttered almost to himself. Chloe stared at him like he had three heads.

 

"What are you--,"

 

"Shhh!" Tao reacted very quickly and clapped his hands onto to stop her from talking. Chloe nodded slowly, eyes wide in surprise at Tao's actions.

 

What happened next, happened so fast, that if Chloe blinked, she might have missed it. Something big and green sprung out of the water, aiming straight at Kris' head. Kris had a split second to look surprised at the crocodile flying at him before panic graced his features.

 

The crocodile crashed straight into the tall blond and knocked him sideways. Kris collapsed under the crocodile's weight, and the two rolled around on the sand. Chloe took a step back in fear and nearly tripped over her feet in her haste. When she looked back up again, her jaw dropped.

 

Kris was lying on his back, looking like he was very angry about something. The crocodile that attacked him had disappeared and in its place lay a boy. He had black hair, dark eyes, and pearly white skin. His entire upper body was and wet. Sea water sparkled on his muscled torso and Chloe found herself thinking he was very attractive.

 

But as hot as he was, it was his lower half that captured her attention. No, it wasn't because he was . It was because instead of a pair of legs, the boy had a long, blue-green tail.

 

Chloe blinked. He was a mermaid. Sorry, merman.

 

And he was just lying on the sand, giggling.

 

"Oh man!" The boy was clutching his stomach, trying--and failing--to keep his laughter to a minimum. "You should've seen your face!"

 

Kris did not look impressed in the slightest.

 

His expression turned ten times more sour when Tao collapsed next to Chloe in hysterics. He still was clutching at his stomach and gasping for breath when Kris rose from the ground, a very stern expression on his face. He turned towards the merman, who was still giggling at the expression Kris’ had on his face only a moment earlier.

 

“Dude. Not cool,” was all he said before Tao laughed even harder. Chloe could’ve sworn there were tears in his eyes.

 

“That was--,” Tao hiccupped, “the funniest--,” hiccup, “thing I ever--,” hiccup, “saw.”

 

Kris grumbled something about immature kids under his breath before turning to back to the still laughing merman.

 

“Alright, Suho. Ha. Ha. Hilarious,” he mocked. “Now get changed.”

 

At his words, the merman--or rather, Suho apparently--sobered up ever so slightly.

 

“In front of a lady?” he asked, trying his hardest to keep a straight face and failing miserably. He gestured to Chloe, who was only just starting to get over the fact that this guy was the friend everyone was talking about. And he was a crocodile only moments before. He still had a tail.

 

Kris sighed dramatically and ripped the trench coat away from a still-laughing Tao. He all but threw it at the merman.

 

“Here,” he snapped. “Shut up, Tao. I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter