Fourteenth

Demigods
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chloe was stumped. On the way from her room back to the living room she tried every means of communication she was capable of to be able to talk to the boy. Everything failed. 

She started off with greek (the modern kind), her native language. The boy stared at her blankly, and she sighed. It was a long shot--the boy didn’t even look european--but she figured she’d try anyway. She tried french, a more well known language, be she was once again met with a blank stare. Lastly, she tried English, a language that most people know a little bit of. 

“What is your name?” she asked carefully. Truth be told, it had been a while since she learned or practiced English. 

The stranger hesitated for a while. He seemed to be at war with himself, trying to determine what they could possibly do with the information she asked for. She decided to push him a little. 

“My name is Chloe.” She gestured to herself. After a long moment, the boy decided to give her his name in return. 

“I am Jungkook.” 

“Jungkook?” She wanted to ask more but the door to the living room opened and she ushered the boy inside. 

A tense silence filled the air when Jungkook sought out a place to sit among the demigods. Everyone stared at him. Some simply looked curious while others had looks full of hostility, looking as if they were ready to kill him for breathing. 

“Who are you?” Kris asked sternly. Jungkook just gave him a blank stare. 

“He, uh, doesn't speak Greek,” Chloe interrupted before Kris could repeat himself. He raised an eyebrow at her. “Nor French. And only a bit of English,” she added quickly, feeling slightly uncomfortable under Kris’ stare. “And his name is Jungkook.” 

Kris continued to stare the girl down and she slowly shrank in her seat. After an uncomfortable minute he turned back to the dark haired boy. 

“Who are you?” He repeated in English, surprising Chloe. The boy stared at Kris silently. “What are you?” He tried again, receiving an even blanker stare. It was obvious that Jungkook didn't understand the question. “Aish!” Frustrated, Kris ran a hand through his hair and muttered some foreign words under his breath. 

Chloe didn't recognize the words at all. She couldn't even identify the language of said words. But apparently, Jungkook could. He looked up in shock and said something that Chloe didn't quite catch. It wasn't in Latin nor English. But while she just continued to look confused, the reactions of the other boys were quite different. They all looked at the boy in surprise. They glanced between each other and mutter some more words that made no sense to Chloe. 

Before she knew it, the whole room was filled with chatter. Which was all fantastic and everything--especially if that means getting Jungkook to talk--except for the part where she didn't understand a goddamned word of what they were saying. 

“Hey!” She shouted, gaining attention from everyone in the room. The noise stopped immediately. “Does anyone care to explain what, in the underworld, is going on?” She huffed, slightly annoyed at being left out after she offered her house up. She felt ignorant and that considering she wanted to be everything but. 

Lay, as if sensing her distress, (as a Son of Apollo, Chloe wouldn't be surprised if that was actually part of his ability) took it upon himself to explain. “Jungkook is from Korea. He speaks Korean.” 

Chloe raised an eyebr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter