Fifteenth

Demigods
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Double update??? Special treat :) Don't forget to read chapter 14! 

---------------------------------------------

The general consensus was that they'd stay here and gather their strength. (Which Chloe didn't understand because only Luhan seemed exhausted.) Training would continue like usual. 

All of which frustrated Chloe. She didn't get it. There was a tear in the Magic and monsters could strike at any moment. She felt like a sitting duck. Worse still, she felt something was seriously wrong. 

She didn't trust whatever it was that Luhan did. Not only because what he attempted to do should've been impossible, but also because it didn't feel right. No matter which way she looked at her situation, things weren't lining up. 

Chloe didn't trust the boys. They were keeping things from her--she knew that much. But what? Figuring she'd have to be patient and wait to get answers (with or without their help), she pushed the thoughts aside, and instead focused on the battle being waged between Suho and Lay. 

The two were completely captivating; perhaps even more so than Chanyeol and Baekhyun or Sehun and Chen. Suho managed to create mini whirlpools on land that would overwhelm Lay and quite literally sweep him of his feet. But just when Chloe was sure the guy would drown, a bright light chased the water away. It was absolutely fascinating to watch the streams of water dance around the pair. 

But what was also interesting to see was the hand to hand combat. Unlike the fights before, the pair of them actually engaged in it. And no matter how many times Suho used his water to push Lay away, the latter always found his way back. 

This was also the perfect opportunity for Chloe to asses their hand to hand combat skills. After watching them use magic to try and tear each other apart, she had no doubt they were powerful. Well, she knew that from the start, but watching them display their capabilities sent a very clear reminder. Nonetheless, she was impressed with what they could do without their gifts. 

Lay was quite good with his sword. He slashed and hacked Suho faster than Chloe expected from him. And despite Suho’s size and clear muscular advantage, it seemed the blows he landed barely affected Lay. Instead, Lay packed a hard punch back and managed to get his opponent to stumble. 

“Okay. He shouldn't be that strong,” Chloe muttered. D.O. shot her a look from the corner of his eye. 

“Lay is primarily a healer,” he explained. “It would a bit counterproductive if he spent his time healing monsters instead of actually killing them. So instead he works hard at hand to hand combat and uses a lot of these moments to get stronger physically. The rest of us have more offensive… abilities. We don't train as hard psychically. Plus, he uses some internal ‘healing’ to enhance his strength--,”

“It's cheating!” Chen interrupted, catching on to the end of the explanation. D.O. rolled his eyes. 

“It's not cheating. You're just salty that he's stronger than you.” 

Chen looked offended. “He's not stronger than me. He cheats. And I'm not salty--,”

As if on cue, a particularly powerful burst of water flew past us and ended up brushing Chen's shoulder, soaking it thoroughly. Unable to help themselves, everyone burst into laughter at Chen's misfortune. 

“You definitely are now,” Sehun sniggered and even Chloe cracked a small smile at his pun. 

“Whatever,” Chen grumbled and, looking very much like a disgruntled and grumpy cat, he turned around to go inside and change. 

Chloe decided not watch the rest o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter