Sixth

Demigods
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Like they promised, Kris and Tao showed up that night. Chloe was quite proud of herself for not drawing her daggers when a massive form landed in her backyard (though the only reason she didn’t was because D.O. accidentally knocked her over in his own shock).

 

The form turned out to be a huge, red dragon and Chloe was even prouder of the fact that she didn’t outwardly panic at the sight of it. Even when she had spent six months doing nothing but fighting off monsters, she had never encountered a dragon. Based on the myths, she had assumed that they were greedy, antisocial beasts that spent most of their time guarding treasures and she had never seen any evidence to contradict that belief. So when a person hopped off the back of the dragon, Chloe couldn’t hide her astonishment.

 

“Wha--?” she stuttered. “How--?”

 

Chen laughed, seeing her confusion. He leaned over and grabbed her face in his hands. Chloe shut , surprised by his actions.

 

“Your confusion is adorable, you know that?” he told her. She just blinked at him, unsure of how to respond.

 

She couldn't help being a little relieved when the newcomer grabbed Chen's attention and he let her go. No one had acted so casually with her for, well, over a year.

 

"Tao! Kris!" A shout brought her back to reality. She looked up just in time to watch the dragon start to change.

 

Its entire body shrunk. Its wings folded in on themselves and disappeared while its scaly limbs started to grow into human-like proportions. The dragon's scales molded into something smoother and paler until a guy stood where the dragon was lying just a moment before.

 

Chloe recognized the dragon guy as the same person who spoke to them through the rainbow. His name was Kris if she remembered correctly. He was tall, possibly taller than Chanyeol, and he was dressed in black jeans and a dark red button down shirt. Chloe wondered how it was possible for anyone who fought off monsters to survive to look so fashionable.

 

The boy who came on Kris' back was just as tall as him, with white hair and dark eyes. Maybe it was because he dressed more fashionably than Kris, or maybe it was because the sun was setting, shrouding the manor in darkness, but he seemed to give off an aura of mystery and power. Chloe felt like something was off, something she couldn't quite put her finger on.

 

"My brothers!" The white-haired kid exclaimed and his mysterious aura completely disappeared. "How've you all been?"

 

"My brothers?" Chloe asked quietly, almost to herself.

 

"My brothers?" Baekhyun imitated the boy and scoffed. "Where the hell did you learn that?"

 

"Italy," Kris answered for his friend. "He's been trying to imitate their slang and he won't listen to me when I tell him to stop."

 

"Oh gods, why?" Kai groaned. Everyone present had similar looks of despair on their faces and Chen was muttering something that sounded suspiciously like "when will it end?"

 

Chloe was lost. Truly and utterly lost. It seemed like every new person she met was in on whatever jokes they made to make their atmosphere so friendly with each other. They were so at ease together. They understood each other, while Chloe just felt like a complete outsider the entire time.

 

"My brothers?" She repeated, louder this time. The conversions eased as everyone turned to look at her. "And who are you two?"

 

"I'm Tao," the white-haired replied then pointed at the dragon guy. "And that's Kris." Kris nodded once in greeting.

 

"Let me guess," Chloe continued feeling her frustration boiling. "All twelve of you are boys."

 

She watched the nine people

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter