Tenth

Demigods
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chloe woke up the next morning and immediately felt herself get excited. She got to see their powers today! That was one of the things she missed about the old days. She was always fascinated to see what people can do since she was never able to control anything on her own, without anybody’s help. She didn’t have the DNA that gave her that kind of power. 

There was an extra bounce in her step as she made her way to the kitchen, swords attached in their rightful place on her back. 

“Good morning,” she cheerfully greeted D.O. and Tao, who were the only ones awake and in the kitchen. Tao did a double take and D.O. nearly dropped his spatula in surprise. “What’s for breakfast?” 

The smaller boy wordlessly handed her a plate with some chocolate chip pancakes on it. His eyes were wider than usual as she wished him a “thank you” with a large smile. Tao was frozen, leaning on the counter next to the stove, a coffee mug halfway up to his mouth. 

He was still in that position when a grumpy, still half asleep Baekhyun made his way down the stairs. 

“Hi, Baekhyun!” Chloe called out cheerfully, stopping him in his tracks. No one said anything and Baekhyun didn’t move from his spot, too busy looking at Chloe like she had grown two heads. 

“Okay. I’m going back to bed. Clearly I'm still dreaming.” With that, he turned right back around and headed up the stairs. 

“Hey, Baek. Where are you going?” Kai could be heard asking his friend all the way from down stairs. 

“To bed. I’ll be back when reality hits.” 

“O-okay,” Kai walked into the kitchen looking behind him weirdly. “What’s up with him?”

“Hello, Kai,” Chloe greeted him cheerfully as well. 

“Hey Chloe. What’s up guys? What’s for breakfa-- wait. Chloe?” 

“Yes?” 

Kai stared at her weirdly. 

“Nothing,” he said after a moment. Deciding not comment on her unusually cheerful behavior. 

“HEY GUYYYSS!” A loud yell made its way downstairs. “IT’S TRAINING TIME!”

The yelling culprit soon made himself known as Chen, with a wild Sehun riding on his back. Sehun’s hands were flying all over the place and he chimed in with a “Woot! Woot!” 

Chen was the first to spot Chloe’s smile.

“Excited to see us train?” he asked her. She smiled and nodded shyly in return. Chen suddenly dropped Sehun to the floor and the latter let out an indignant huff. Chen scrambled to sit in the seat next to Chloe, then turned to her, armed to his ears with a wide grin. “What's for breakfast?” 

Chloe stumbled back at his sudden proximity. Sehun found himself a seat a little further down. 

“Uh…” Chloe mumbled, her nervousness hitting back in full force. Tao unfroze, slightly more used to this Chloe. Kai blinked and occupied himself with a pendant that was wrapped around his neck. D.O. just smiled knowingly to himself. 

“Toast,” D.O. answered for the poor girl. Sehun shot up. 

“Yes!” he exclaimed, running over to grab a piece from the toaster. 

“...and pancakes.” D.O. finished, raising an eyebrow at his friend’s eagerness. It was Chen’s turn to jump up. He ran over to the pan, only to find Tao blocking his way. 

“Oh Hades, no! Don't you even think about it,” the white haired boy warned. Kai looked up from where his fingers were still twirling the rope of his pendant. His eyes widened at what Chen was attempting to do. Chen pouted. 

“Whyyy?” he asked, dragging the word out in an exaggerated manner. 

“Because last time you got excited and approached metal, you nearly exploded the stove.”

“I did not!” Chen huffed, a look of offence gracing his features

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter