Eighth

Demigods
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"If you try to scream or run, I’ll slit your throat. Understand?” The man released enough pressure from for her to nod. “Good. Let’s go.”

Chloe nearly panicked. She couldn’t be taken away now. She still didn’t know what was after the boys! She hasn’t really helped them yet, either. She just got back into the world of gods and of course the first that happens is she gets kidnapped. What will happen to the boys if she leav--

“Walk forward. Now.” The man’s command interrupted her thoughts. When she didn’t immediately react, he took the knife away from the throat and let it rest against her back instead. Chloe mentally shook herself.

Get a grip, she told herself. Panicking was a bad idea. It would only cause her to lose focus and potentially get her killed. She would be no good to anyone dead. Instead, she needed to keep a clear mind and find a way out of this.

“Inside the house. Let’s go,” her attacker commanded, making her pause in confusion. The house? Wouldn’t it make sense to take her and leave quietly?

Unless he wanted to use her as a way of getting the boys to follow him.

Chloe scoffed internally at the thought. He was one guy against ten. Eleven if you counted her. Now feeling more confident, Chloe decided to oblige and started walking towards the door leading inside.

They slipped in without a sound. As planned, the guy announced his presence and the boys came rushing in. They took one look at the scene of Chloe being held at knife point and their jaws dropped. That’s when things started to go wrong.

“I found her outside,” the attacker began. “She’s probably a thief or something. This place looks rich, but the security if a Puran like her could get so close to the house. She wasn’t even being subtle!”

“Wait. What?” Chloe asked, completely bewildered. She felt something sharp poke into her back.

“I said be quiet,” the attacker snapped.

“Uh, Luhan?” Baekhyun said, capturing the attacker’s attention. “She’s not a thief.”

The knife receded slightly.

“What do you mean?” Chloe’s attacker--or Luhan, apparently--asked.

“She kind of lives here,” Kai answered for Baekhyun, scratching the back of his neck at the awkwardness that was starting form.

 

 

Luhan stepped away from Chloe to look her over, allowing her to do the same to him. He was maybe two centimeters shorter than Sehun, with caramel hair and deep brown eyes. Chloe could’ve sworn he saw a hint of green in them when they flickered in the light. He wasn’t dressed in anything fancy, just a pair of jeans and t-shirt with writing on it, in a language Chloe didn’t recognize.

He looked her over suspiciously, and Chloe gladly returned the favor, not ready to forget the feel of his ice cold dagger against . Speak

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter