Chapter 7

Right Person, Wrong Timing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Park Shin Hye's POV

"Aigoo. Success. Aish, these two surely know how to burden people. Tsk." I commented as Yong Hwa and I got inside Yong Hwa's car. After saying it, I then tried to recall what happened four years ago.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Still Park Shin Hye's POV)

***4 years ago***

"Unnie, should I give him my answer already? It's been a year and a half since he started courting me." So Min asked me as she sat on the seat across me.

I am on my last year in college while So Min is on her second year. I was reading a book when she suddenly came and I know she'll ask the same question. She's been asking me the same question for the nth time this day and I am getting irittated to it.

"Yah, Jung So Min. Why do you have to ask me that over and over again, huh? Aigoo, I am busy. Answer him now or not, it has nothing to do with me so do whatever you want." I told her as I cannot hold my temper anymore.

"Unnie.... You know that you are the only person I can talk with when it comes to these matters. Jebal unnie. Help me." She pleaded and I have nothing to do with her rather than to roll my eyes at her.

"Arasso, arasso." I told her then I closed the book I am studying. I looked at her eyes seriously.

"Wae? Are you afraid you're going to lose him? That he'll stop courting you and court another girl?" I asked her. Well, my way of convincing her to answer him.

"Will he stop courting me if I won't answer him soon? I don't want to lose him, unnie. You know that I love him." I guess it worked. Hmm. I composed myself and sat up straight.

"Of course! Wae? Do you think you are the only girl he can court? Well, there are other yeppeun yeojas (pretty girls) out there. Even prettier than you." Let's see what your reaction will be.  I smiled with the thought of her reaction.

"Tsk. Unnie, are you helping me out or are you just making me mad?" Great Shin Hye-ah. Great.

"Yah! You asked me to help you and now I am doing it." I reached for her arm then slapped it.

"Aish, this unnie... Unnie! Come on, please be serious. I am being serious here!" She shouted as she rubs her arm.

"Answer him." I told her in a sudden then I looked away to make her realize what I've said.

So Min just stared at me for a couple of seconds.

"Hey, you heard me?" I asked her waving my hands in front of her face.

"I am not yet ready." She lowered her head and fidgeted her fingers.

 I held her hands then lifted her chin, looking straight in her eyes I started to speak, "So Min-ah, when will you be ready? When he's already somebody else’s man? Wake up, So Min. It is you who stated earlier that you don't want to lose him. Now if you don't want that to happen, answer him either now, later or tomorrow. Just make it happen soon."

Just right after I stated those words, So Min's phone rang. She then immediately looked for her phone on her bag.

"Unnie, it's him." She said, as if asking my permission if she'll answer it or not. I nodded at her indicating to answer the phone call.

"Yeobosayo?" So Min answered the phone but put it on a speaker mode. Maybe she thinks it's best for me to hear it. Aigoo.

"Oh, So Min-ssi."

"Deh."

"Uhm, eodiyo (where are you)?" Young Kwang's voice sounded happy and excited.

"Library. Waeyo?"

"Oh, are you studying? Did I bother you? Mianhe."

"Ani. Aniyo. Why did you call Young Kwang-ssi?" So Min answered looking at me in the eye.

"Oh, I just want to ask you if...." Young Kwang paused for a moment and I know he feels nervous by how he speaks to her. "Are you free later at 6 pm?" He continued.

"Uhmm, jamsimanyo (wait a second). Let me check it." So Min covered the mic of her phone then moved to my left ear.

"Unnie, should I go?" She whispered.

"Ka. Give him your answer tonight." I whispered back. Aish,this girl. I would have shouted back at her for asking me a foolish question but I was just afraid Young Kwang might hear it so I just whispered my answer to her. So Min nodded then she uncovered the mic.

"Ah, deh..... Wae-waeyo?" She stuttered. Aish! This girl is really something. I mean, for crying out loud he's just asking her out but it makes her nervous as if Young Kwang will kidnap her.

"Chinja? I'll fetch you then later at 6. Crom, I am hanging up. See you later." Young Kwang said happily then he hung up.

"Unnie, can you go with me?" She asked. My eyes grew big and round in disbelief. I really don't know when this girl will stop asking foolish questions.

"Naega (Me)?! Naega wae (Why should I)?!"Tsk, ani. An Ka (I won't go)."

"Jebal." So Min held my hands and pleaded. No, not this time So Min. Not this time. Shin Hye-ah, let her be. You can't go with her.

"Shiro (I don't want to)." I told her and then an excuse formed in my mind. I then immediately look

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter