Chapter 6

Right Person, Wrong Timing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author

"What do you mean? Does this mean that my son is lying to me and that you are the one who is telling the truth here? Hah! What a nice story then!" Mrs. Kim said in an angry tone but not loud enough to cause a scene. Who wouldn't be mad if somebody else wants to emphasize that their son is lying to them, right? Mrs. Kim really can't believe it.

"I am sorry, madam. But please believe me, I don't know him and this is the truth." So Min said, she is not crying anymore as she obeys Mrs. Kim.

"He's my son and I should believe. But now you want me to believe you? Come on, your angelic face won't work on me. Just admit that you seduce rich man to have money. And now, you chose the wrong person to get money."

"Aniyo. Jebal. Jebal. Jebal believe me madam."

"Woah. What a show. Cry, plead, act innocent, what more?"

"Mianheyo madam Kim. Mianheyo if you think I wanted his money. I cannot force you to believe me but I hope one day.. one day you'll know the truth." So Min cried.

"One day? Then let that one day be today. Is it that hard to admit it?"

So Min was speechless. She's hurting deep inside and she can't just control the tears from rolling down her cheeks.

"Okay. Now I look like a bad person here. I am sorry. I guess I need to know the real truth behind this. I am sorry So Min-ssi. When that one day comes and I knew the truth I will surely look for you. Good bye for now."

"Aniyo, gwaenchanayo madam." So Min responded.

"I am sorry." Mrs. Kim bid her goodbye with a smile on her face. So Min bowed at her disappearing figure and was left speechless. So Min's face is so far from her usual look. You can see her swollen eyes and dried tears on her cheeks and the sadness she feels is visible to her face. She doesn't have any hard feelings at Mrs. Kim because she understands her well. She's a mother but she was really hurt by how Mrs. Kim humiliated her and it didn't left her mind.

She walked with her head hung low with sadness. She didn't enter the restaurant again because she forgot about it instead she walked away from the restaurant. While walking, she bumped into someone then she apologized without looking at the person. She's going left to avoid the path of the person she just bumped into but the person tried to block her way. So Min apologized for the second time and went right but again the person blocked her way.

"Aigoo, my So Min." The person spoke.

"Unnie." Then she cried at her. Shin Hye wrapped her arms around her tapping her back.

"Aigoo, So Min-ah. Hajima. I don't know what really happened but I know you know that you can tell me everything. Come on, your oppa is waiting. Stop crying, okay? Do you want your oppa to ask you tons of questions later or do you want to keep this a secret between me and you only?" Shin Hye tried to soothe her then So Min stopped herself from crying.

"Unnie, promise me you won't tell oppa about what happened, hm?" So Min said, wipping away her tears.

"Of course, so stop crying or else he'll see your puffed eyes."

"Arasso. Where's oppa, anyway?" So Min wandered her eyes at the mall and most importantly to the restaurant where they ate.

Shin Hye held her shoulders and answered, "I don't know. After you walked out with Mrs. Kim I immediately paid the bill, left the restaurant and texted him to see us on the exit. Yah, you don't know how hard it was to rush everything in order for your oppa not to go back to our seats and see the scene earlier. And with that, I have to lie to him."

"Arasso, gomawo unnie. I'll just go to the washroom then we'll see oppa." So Min told her weakly.

Shin Hye dropped her hands off from So Min's shoulder and mumbled, "Arasso. Ka." And with that, So Min went her way to the washroom.

Inside the washroom, So Min washed her face several times and stopped herself from crying to avoid having swollen eyes coz she knows she's so dead with her oppa's nonstop questions if he sees it. After a while she went out and went to the exit with Shin Hye and there they saw Yong Hwa waiting for them.

"Aish! You girls took a lot of time. So Min-ah, what did you buy?" Yong Hwa asked and So Min was surprised. So Min looked at Shin Hye for help.

"Oh, uhm... Ahhh tsk, your dongsaeng here didn't buy it. She says she has to save more money to buy more things that attracts her." Shin Hye stated then faked a laugh. So Min's a bit uneasy but also faked a laugh.

Yong Hwa ruffled So Min's hair. "Aigoo, you know that you can ask me anything, my princess."

"Tsk, as if you can buy everything." So Min resented in a joking way.

"Anyway, you guys ready to go?" Yong Hwa asked.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Eomma, I'm not a kid anymore. You can not just do what you want as if you are protecting a toddler. Eomma, I am a grown up man and I know I can handle things on my own now. Jebal eomma. Jebal, just let me handle things on my own and never interfere. I hope you won't repeat what you did today, eomma. Hm?" These words left Mrs. Kim speechless until they reached home.

"Welcome back." Mrs. Choi, their longtime maid and Hyun Joong's babysitter when he was stil a baby, welcomed the mother and son. She's been serving the Kims for the past 35 years.

Hyun Joong bowed at her and went straight to his room while Mrs. Kim sat on the couch in their living room.

"Unnie, can you help me?" Mrs. Kim asked Mrs. Choi. Mrs. Kim and Mrs. Choi were like sisters as they live together for almost half of their lives.

"What is i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter