Chapter 02

Last Chance

"Alright, listen up! Girls, this is Taeyeon, our new friend." Tiffany said, pushing Taeyeon towards the front. 

I'm bewildered, like literally because out of a sudden, I feel myself being hug by seven other girls, welcoming me into their group without any questions. Since it's been a while for me to feel this kind of warmth feeling, I felt happy and complete. It might be the first time I met them, but I have a feeling that we will be getting along really well in the near future.

"Taeyeon ah, please introduce yourself to us." Tiffany said.

"Hello, I'm Kim Taeyeon, the daughter of Kim Byungman, the founder of Kim Corps. I kept it hidden because I still want to remain hidden, but I decided to share it with you guys because I know for a fact that you are not after my money, at all. And my birthday is at 9th March, born in the year od 1989. Pleasure to meet you all."

 

After my introduction, they hang their jaw down and looks at me without blinking their eyes, probably startled at my introduction. Who wouldn't? My dad's company is the biggest and richest in South Korea, but here is his daughter, me, looking all nerdy in the school and letting people to bully me whenever they want to without teaching them a lesson. Suddenly, a girl that is slightly shorter than me breaks the silence, clapping her hand and looks at me in amused.

"Gosh! You're the Kim's daughter? Hi, I'm Lee SoonKyu but please DO call me Sunny. I hate my Korean name, it sounds too old." She whines at the end of it, making everyone in the room errupted in a big laughter.

“Gosh! You’re the Kim’s daughter?!Oh pardon me, I’m Lee SoonKyu but please do call me Sunny. I hate my Korean name, it sounds old.” She said and everyone laughed.

 

And so, they starts introducing theirselves, one by one, from Sunny - Jessica, Tiffany, Hyoyeon, Yuri, Sooyoung, Yoona and the maknae, Seohyun. Since it's my first time eating dinner with them, I'm actually astonished by the number of dishes that have been served. I guess my expression is too obvious when Hyoyeon bumps into my shoulder lightly, gaining my attention at her.

"You'll get used to it. We have two shikshin over there." She said, pointing at Sooyoung and Yoona who only grin toothily at her, eating their food.

 

Everybody starts to dig in their food, happily and merrily. However, I still don't really have a lot of appetite to eat but nobody really realized it, I assumed. Not until a voice speaks up, making everyone around the table stop eating their food and turns their head towards me, looking at me worriedly. 

"Unnie, are you alright?" Seohyun is the one who speaks up, she's a one heck sensitive girl, I mean how could she notices about it when she's eating?

 

Because I know that I could trust them, I let Tiffany to talk in my place instead, I mean I did told her about it at the rooftop. When she finishes up her story with me adding more details to it, so that they could completely get the real deal behind it, everyone starts comforting me with various ways that they could ever think of. With them by my side, I don't really feel lonely anymore, instead, I feel much more complete having them as my best friend. That's how I know them, my one and only group that I could open up my heart for them, the Girls' Generation.

 

And since that very day, I got much more closer with them, partically we're like sisters now. However, I've been missing out from school for a month now with a little help from my parents, they cover it up for me with a little bit lies in it because they can't possibly tell the teacher that their daughter couldn't go to school because of a terrible heartache, right? A month is over, which means, tomorrow is the day where I need to go back to school. Facing Anne and him, Baekhyun.

"Unnie, come out!" Yoona shouts, outside of my door.

Opening the door to let them enter the house, I smile, "What are you guys doing here?"

 

They smile at me in return, but knowing them for a month is enough to get to know them, it's not a smile but a sly smirk on it. To be very honest, I don't like it and I don't really have a good feelings about it. Thus, I smile awkwardly at the, slowly backing from them but my guess were always correct, they follow me, still with that evil smile on their face.

"Well, you're going back to school tomorrow. So, a makeover is a must!" Squeal Jessica, probably excited thinking about going out for shopping.

"And why should I do that?" I ask, curiously.

"Duh, you need to show them that you're Kim Taeyeon, a ing beauty behind the nerd glass." Hyoyeon said, showing a peace at me.

Rolling my eyes at them, "My identity supposed to be a secret, remember?" I said, sarcastically.

"We're not telling you to tell the world about you, what we meant is that..." Yuri pauses.

"We just want you to change the way you look." Tiffany finishes Yuri's word, getting a Hi-5 from her.

"Yeah, make them regret for what they did to you!" Sunny said, follows by a thumb up from Sooyoung.

Giving a thought about it, "What are you guys waiting for?" I said, smirking.

 

Soon, all of them cheer happily and we walks out of my house, head to the shopping mall with our own cars because a girl going for a shopping definitely needs a lot of space afterwards, keep that in mind, boys. The moment they arrived at the mall, the first shop that they entered is the hair salon. A makeover wouldn't be complete if the hair still looks the same, or it still count as that? Oh well, I want to trim my hair and dye it in blonde with light pink under it, and I guess it suits me because the barber didn't ask any question and starts her job right away.

"Why do you want to do this hairstyle?" Hyoyeon asks.

 

I shrug my shoulders at her, grinning from ear to ear. While I'm doing so, the other six girls are laughing out loudlly because they clearly knows that I'm making fun of Hyoyeon because they always describe her as, 'fashion terrorist' especially from Sooyoung. Hyoyeon keeps on hitting me, not that painful, don't worry and start laughing along with them, giving up on questioning herself but as always, I tend to reply back to any question that was being asked, and so I did.

"I just feel like it will suits me, I do know some fashion." I said, she nods her head at me, happily.

 

By the time I'm done, all of them compliment my hairstyles and that's when I know, I had the right hairstyles and getting readier to blown the crowd away. I paid for it and then, we get out from the shop and starts shopping for clothes, one shop to another, the plastic bag in our hands which are slowly increasing as the time passes by. After a few hours, max three hours, we walks back to our car and put our stuff in the boot of the car. 

"Finally!" Scream Hyoyeon.

 

I laugh out loud, because everyone lets out a huff because their hands are finally empty from those heavy shopping bags. Next, we decides to respect the shikshins who is currently skipping back to their car in happiness, well, obviously, we decided to head to a restaurant which is ten kilometres away from here. The waiter bows at her us and lead the way, making sure everything is in order too because a restaurant like thise, 5-stars, will always take a very good care of their image, hoping that a customer wouldn't file a complaint.

“Finally, food!” shouted Soo and Yoong, at the same time.

“Unnie, don’t eat too many fried food. It’s not good for the body.” As expected from our Seohyun.

“Seo ah, you know it’s not used to say all those right?” I said. 

 

Tiffany nods her head, agreeing with me and soon, Seohyun releases a sigh. I could only cheer her up by chuckling and pats her head, like a little girl needs an attention. While waiting for our order to arrive after ordering our own meals, to make it easier for the waitress, we talk among ourselves which only tooks a few lines to say before the orders arrives.

“How do you feel about going to the school, tomorrow?” Sunny asks, looking at me.

“Don't worry, I'm totally ready for it and I can't wait to hang out with you guys!" I said, truthfully.

“Are you nervous about meeting the others?” Yuri asks.

 

Knowing who she means by others, I beam a smile at her and shakes my head. Sometimes, this group of friends of mine are over worried about me. And like what I had expected, Soo and Yoong immediately stuff their mouth with the food as soon as the waitress leave the room.

“Eat slowly both of you, don’t choke!” I warn them.

 

They are too occupied to talk, so they could only nods their head at me, promise that they wouldn't choke themselves. After the dinner, everyone goes back to their own home, getting ready for school, tomorrow. I do feel excited, nervous and to be honest, just a tiny little emotions of terrified. But knowing my sisters will be there for me, I know I can make it through this last semester just fine, I'll be graduation from high school, moving on with my life completely.

"Both of you are finally out of my life, from now on. Do you guys even remember what you had done to me back then?" I thought to myself, drifting off to the dreamland.