Chapter 01

Last Chance

Taeyeon is sittting beside her best friend, Anne, who is currently reading her comics book without bothering about the noises from the class. If it was her, she wouldn't be able to focus on the story, but Anne is always different from her. Their personalities are like hell and heaven, they don't match that well but surprisingly, they got along quite well, just maybe a little bit more of quarrels between them, compare to others friendship. She has everything, family, friends, lover and just whatever she wants it, she has it - But too bad, she used to feel completely happy, things changed. Her boyfriend, Baekhyun, seems to change a lot and that bothers her, like seriously.

“Anne, can you spare a few minutes for me?” Taeyeon asks.

Anne puts down her comic book on the table, "What's the matter?" She asks back, giving her focus on Taeyeon now.

“It's just about Baek, he had changed a lot. We're still fine a month ago, we really are. Then, all of a sudden, he becomes cold to me, rarely replies to my message or gives me a call and I don't blame him, but he used to remember our anniversary all the time, always. I feel like he's tired of me, don't you think so?" She said, feeling the pain struck inside her heart.

She huffs, annoyingly, "Let go of him, it's not even worth it. You're hurting like a fool, but where the heck is him at this time?"

“It's not easy, Anne. We've been together for two years, two freaking years and I love him so much, do you get my point? I just want to know what's on his mind, that's all, if I did something wrong, I'll change for him, I will." Taeyeon said, softly but desperately.

Anne leans closer to her, hugging her and pats her back, "You need to learn to let go, if you ever want to be happy, am I right? And, one thing for sure, he probably is getting tired of you." She said, doesn't care about how her words pierce through the other's heart that she cried all the night, thinking no one was really there for her, nobody really understands what she is going through now.

 

The next day, she wakes up with a pair of swollen eyes but she doesn't mind about that, she's a nerd in the school, no one would ever had the chance to notice her and that's something she feels bless by it. Thus, Taeyeon wears her big spectacles that covers her eyebrows and half of her small face, she dress herself in a comfortable sports trousers and a big hoodie. Before the girl walks away from her house, she takes her bag and wears her sneakers. It's been a month since Baekhyun last stands at her doorstep, waiting for her and from now on, he will never ever be there anymore. Feeling more miserable with the fact, she walks to the school.

'What's exactly gone wrong between us, Baekhyun ah?' She thought, shaking her head, pitying herself. 

 

By the time she arrives at the school, students are doing their own stuff, ignoring her presence but there will always be a few people who looks at her in disgust, doesn't like her presence even when she never did anything to them. But does she care? At first, yes but slowy, she grows numb to it and she's glad to be this way instead. Taeyeon stops her steps along the corridor, between the lockers. She sees the guy that has been in her mind nowadays, but what she couldn't believe it was - there he is, smiling happily with Anne, her so call best friend. 

“Baek, do you think we can have a talk? In private, perhaps?” Taeyeon asks, timidly.

 

Baekhyun nods his head, agreeing to her and walk off to the rooftop with her behind him. She should feel happy that he still does what she said, she should but she isn't, something is stopping her from feeling that way, she had no idea what it is but she knows, it's not going to be a good thing and that terrifies her. For now, she regrets in wanting to have a talk with him, afraid of the outcome is something that she really does not want to happened. The 'B' word. When they arrived, Baekhyun tucks his hand inside his pocket, sitting down on the bench there, whereas Taeyeon could only smile sadly at that before going to him, sitting beside him. 

"What is it that you want to talk about?" He asks, coldly, something that she has expected, but it still hurts her to hear it coming out from his mouth.

“What happened to us? We were fine just a month ago, did I do something wrong? If yes, tell me, I could change it for you." She finally asks him, face to face, hoping for an answer and she hopes, wishes that he could explain it to her, making everything back to the way before. 

Baekhyun shrugs, “There's nothing to talk about it, let's just end all of it."

Taeyeon holds on to his arm, tightly, “Please, Baekhyun ah, don't do this to me, please?" She said, weakly, doesn't want to cry in front of him, she just can't do that.

“Isn't obvious? I don't love you anymore, you're a nerd and can't you at least, dress yourself up when we're going out for a date? Oh, you're too clingy as well, no guy would love someone like you, so while I'm still being nice to you, get lost from my face, from now on." He said, looking away from her.

 

Taeyeon finally can't stand it anymore, she hears the sound of her heart breaking into a million pieces. She doesn't have the energry, the courage to look at him and reply his truthful feelings about her, she respect his decision, she always do. That's why, she nods her head hardly at him before running away from there, going back to her own house because she can't handle being in the same place as him right now, at least, not today. Lock myself in my room for the whole day, wetting the pillow with my tears and cried myself to sleep, doing anything that I culd to force myself to sleep, to take a little break from this heartache.

"It's all about the look, he doesn't even love me as the way I am. For all these years, I'm the only one who loves him while he's just pretending. I'm such a fool, it's an one-sided love all along, and I only realized it by now." She chuckles bitterly at her own words, a true and fact words.

 

She feels like skipping today, but she can't. Her parents will be disappoint in her and she didn't want that to happen, she wants to be their proud. That's why, she could only brave herself for the worst on school, she could see the girls smirk at her, mocking her misery. Is it fun for them to do that to her? Is it their happiness to see someone else living in pain? She badly wants to tell that to them, but she remains silent by looking down to the floor, going to her own classroom where she regrets it. 

"How could you do this to me, Anne?" She asks, calmly, tired to look weak in front of them.

 

She puts everything together, piece by piece and slowly, the puzzle completed. Anne is sitting down on Baekhyun's lap, smiling and joking with her arms wrap around his neck. Why haven't she realized it sooner? Her best friend, I mean ex-best friend is trying to break them apart when she asks for her opinion, she wouldn't understand her feelings. But now, everything becomes clear to her, she asks her to break up with him because she loves him, she wants him for himself. 

"Do you think I really care about you? I got what's mine, so you're nothing to me now." 

 

  Anne walks away from her, bumping into her shoulder intentionally and looks at her, more like sneered at her. Taeyeon feels her body trembling in anger, embarrassment and disappointment. She sees how Baekhyun stands up and follows Anne, without saying anything, no explanation, no nothing. She chuckles bitterly before going to the rooftop, doesn't care about the class anymore. She has learns everything, every chapters that she needs to know, she's not the next heirs of Kim Corps for nothing. And, one thing she can confirm is that, her parents will understands her.

"Are you alright?" A voice suddenly erupted behind her, she looks back and was a little bit stun by it.

 

She clears and nods her head, smiling slightly at the girl. She's the queenka of the school, her group is the most popular around the school. Although they're famous, they are kind to everyone by helping them out if someone ever needs it, but they always hang out only by themselves because they had said before, they dislike the attention that they're having and everyone respects them. Who wouldn't? A rich and kindhearted heiress, what more could someone ask for?

"You can't lie to me, I know your feelings. It does happened to me, once." She said, patting her back.

 

At first, Taeyeon can still stand it and fight the urge to cry but the moment she feels her coming towards her side and hugs her softly, she break downs in tears. Crying in her arms, hearing her keep repeating words to calm her down, letting her to cry out freely without judging her. Maybe because that girl had experience the same before, she could understands her much more better, is that why?

“Just cry out loudly for today, it's fine to cry. Everything's going to be just fine, but you need to remember that, you need to stand back up and be brave to face it." She said, comforting Taeyeon.

 

Few minutes later, when the crying brunette finally calms down from crying, she breaks the hug and wipes away her tears. She stands up from the bench and bows her head slightly at her, showing her gratitude, "Thank you. And sorry for wetting your clothes with my tears, Tiffany shi." She said, slightly in embarrass for her own doing.

Tiffany chuckles, "Just call me Fany, we're friends now." 

"W-what?" Taeyeon utters in complete shockness.

"Come on, I'll introduce my friend to you. They'll definitely like you!" 

"N-no, it's fine! You guys are the most famous group in this school, while I'm just the nerd. I shouldn't even be this near to you." I explain, shaking my hands in front of her, rejecting her kind and friendly offer.

“Just call me Fany will do. We’re friends now. Come with me, I’ll introduced my friend to you.” She said. I was shocked because of her offer. I looked at her and shake my head to reject it.

 

However, Tiffany ignores that statement. She pulls Taeyeon with her, going out of the rooftop and heading towards her car. Since she probably almost half way out of the school, she sighs in defeated and slowly follows Tiffany, going to a restaurant nearby the school, in Tiffany's car. Although she had heard a lot of good comments about them, she still feels a little bit scare to meet with them because they are still a stranger no matter what and she suddenly invades into their privacy, she is not sure if it's a good thing or not.

"Don't be scare, my friends will definitely accept you in our group." Tiffany said.

 

Taeyeo nods her head, breathing in deeply before getting out of the car after it is parked at the main entrance of the restaurant, letting the man in charge to drive it away and park it in an available space. She also comes from a rich family, it doesn't shock her to see that and how the staff treated them with more extra politeness. When Tiffany got down from the car, the waiter recognized her immediately, leading the way for her and Taeyeon who is still a hidden heirs from the world.

"Welcome to the SeaView Of Laurence, Miss Hwang. This way, please." The waitress that take over said, after the waiter that brought them inside left, going back to his own stand.

 

When Taeyeon enters the room with Tiffany, the once noisy VIP room turns silence because they are looking forth and back between Taeyeon and Tiffany, trying to get the deal clear. Thus, Tiffany as the middle girl, clears and that eventually and succcessfully get the attention of her best friend, looking at her for an explanation in what's all these about. Meanwhile, the little girl that follows Tiffany is playing with her fingers, nervously.